• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Plication Booked

wobblestokie

Hi All

Im new here and have my plication booked for 24 November with Prof. Ammori.:wave_cry:
Have a few post op concerns........:blahblah:

:help2:

Hi All

Im new here and have my plication booked for 24 November with Prof. Ammori.:wave_cry:
Have a few post op concerns........:blahblah:

:help2:

Hi Wobblestokie….I had my plication with Prof Ammori end of June…..to date I have currently lost 4st 2lb…only another 9lb to goal. I can not fault the care I received from Prof Ammori…he is an excellent….caring and internationally recognised surgeon.

of course you have pre-op concerns…its only natural….but its the best decision and money I've spent…and believe me I spent some money trying to lose weight over the years!!!

Good luck…but you're in GREAT hands!!

XXX

Hi KT73

Thanks so much, I have heard great things about Prof' Ammori.

There are a couple of things Id like to know. The post op injections. How long do you have to administer them for?

Ive heard some awful stories about Post Op wind that wont go away....did you experience this?

You had about the same amount of weight Id like to lose, I bet you feel amazing, although apprehensive, I really cant wait to get my life back!!!!

Hope that 9lb melts away for you!

xx

Thanks for the reply KT73. I do have a few concerns regarding post op if you dont mind:

How many days do you have to inject the heprin?
How bad is the "wind" post op?
How long were you in hospital afterwards?

I have to lose roughly the same amount as you did, I hope Im as succesful as you, I bet you feel amazing!!!

xx

Hi there I'm one of Profs plication patients too. Op was 31st August. You are going to be in very safe hands and the team are lovely.
Heparin injections for 5 days - I'm a big wuss and managed them fine
I can't comment on the wind as was lucky and didn't really suffer. Sip as much water as you can as soon as you are awake post op, and get moving as soon as you can was the key for me.
I'm not doing as well as KT73 with weight loss -32 pounds so far and the last three weeks had a bit of a stall - but losing inches so all good :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Gillykit

Thanks so much for the information. Ill certainly take your advice regarding getting up and about and sipping water....although apprehensive, which I guess everyone is.

Wow you have lost over 2 stone in such a short time....thats just amazing!!!!! Keep on track, Im sure the weight loss will restart.

From my initial visit at Spire Manchester, everyone seems really great.

Can I ask how long you were in hospital after the procedure?

xx

wobblestokie said:
Hi Gillykit

Can I ask how long you were in hospital after the procedure? xx

I went in on the Friday morning about 10am and was discharged at lunchtime the following day after I'd had some soup and was ok with it. x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back