• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleeve - 5 days later

Rugbychick2440

Hi all, I had my gastric sleeve operation on Friday and feel great!

Unfortunately the anesthetist gave me penacillin, even though I had a red band on to tell him I was allergic, so there was a bit of a panic on at first, but I was fine.

The only problem for the first 48 hours was the trapped wind in my tummy. They didnt actually explain to me that they blow air in to your tummy to expand it, so there is trapped pocket of air/wind left for you to get rid of yourself!!
It was awful pain, but eventually I got rid of it and now feel great.

I was given pureed food on day 2 which I didnt expect. Its a strange sensation not feeling hungry, I have to remind myself to eat.

I'm looking forward to loosing the weight now, and seeing the changes in my body and mostly my knees will hopefully improve, which is why this all started in the first place!!

Hi Ruby, I'm day 3 of gastric sleeve. Had mine done on Sunday and wish I felt like you do. Still got a lot of pain in my stomach. Maybe we could compare notes as we are so close to our ops being done?

It will pass. Good luck with getting through your eating stages & happy weight loss.

That's great news, Ruby. I'm glad that everything went well for you :)
I was shocked also when I found out that they fill us with gas to expand the tummy!
When I was recovering from my op, a lady was brought into the ward who had severe gas after her surgery. She kept me awake most of the night with her butt blasters!
In the end they had to give me a sleeping pill so I could get some rest lol

When I was recovering from my op, a lady was brought into the ward who had severe gas after her surgery. She kept me awake most of the night with her butt blasters!
In the end they had to give me a sleeping pill so I could get some rest lol

That just made me laugh. Ouchey lol

Also nervous about the gas but think even when someone has appendix out same problem- its just what they have to do to see inside us I think...hoping by walking around really soon after my Op it will help.. Keep us posted on when it eases off!!

Hi again guys,

I am really struggling with the food now. Im just rubbish at this lol.

I can not manage to get all the food in to me, that is required. I can only manage about 4 teaspoons of whatever food I am eating at the time.

Stupidly I havent been drinking the water, as it was bloating me, and I am now severely constipated, and have piles too!!:eek:

The doctor has given me some micro enemas to try and help me go, along with some water producing laxative sachests to drink.
What a mess I am in, but only through my own doing :mad::mad:

I had my stiches out yesterday and all is well there.

i am waiting for the nutritionist to call me with some advice to help me try and eat the pureed diet that I am on, hopefully I can drop some of the protien items and concentrate more on the vegetables etc.

On the plus side, I have lost 13lb in the 11 days since the op :D

Hey Ruby How long were you on the fluid only diet?

I was only on the fluid diet for 2 days, then straight on to the pureed diet for the next 4 weeks.

Wow, I'm still on fluids. In total I'm on fluids for 3 weeks then on puree for 3 weeks before trying food

Back