• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric wrap

Hi Leanne, I can't find the link for this surgery... or is it me....

How are you and where did you have the surgery done?

Much love xxx

That is looking good Leanne... which part of n.wales are you in? Love and hugs xxx

Hi leanne

I think here in the UK they call it the gastric sleeve. There are a few on here who have had it done, I think they are offering it a lot more at the Homerton in London. :D

sounds like something I'd ask for in Greggs.

no with the sleeve your stomach is removed.with the wrap you keep your stomach.
thanks bev im near rhyl in north wales.xxxx

this surgery isnt very 'in' or is it???

am i correct in thinking this was meant to be the new surgery but didnt tk off...or AM i very wrong there and this is the way forward?

From what I've heard its the up and coming new alternative to the band, what they do is they attache one side of your stomache to the over by folding it over the top and then stitching the 2 sides together, so you've removed access to half of your stomache without having to get it removed.

When I had my sleeve my room mate had it done its also called plication, she's doing well on it and is losing 2 - 3lbs per week now.

When I looked up POSE it seemed a similar procedure, except for POSE they don't use staples or stitches which was the bit about the wrap that I was a little concerned about as I had heard that staples in original wls procedures had caused problems. I'm sure they must know more than I do though.....lol.

hey von...i looked up pose as well thanks to ur recommendations....but im gonna go with band only beacause its tried and tested.....they say loadsa thinks are gona replace the band..and i guess if it comes to that i might change from band to whatever in the future...till then i'm happy sitting in the hope of a band.

this wrap thing with stitches .... sounds scary.... but it goes to show how important gastric surgery for WL is.... massively in demand and new proicedures all the time!

The girl I room shared with had originally wanted a band but she kept getting a problem with her bloods and the surgeon didn't want to put any foreign body in her so she was offered the wrap and took that after a 3 month wait trying to get her bloods correct. She's delighted now as she sees the weight coming off her but we all have to go with what suits us best. Re the staples though, don't forget it was late 80s/ early 90s that they started doing that and with everything things develop over time.

The girl I room shared with had originally wanted a band but she kept getting a problem with her bloods and the surgeon didn't want to put any foreign body in her so she was offered the wrap and took that after a 3 month wait trying to get her bloods correct. She's delighted now as she sees the weight coming off her but we all have to go with what suits us best. Re the staples though, don't forget it was late 80s/ early 90s that they started doing that and with everything things develop over time.

glad it worked for her...been watching youtube links....trying to see both the up and down side of band!

but u r always thinking hmmm...am i embarking on 'old technology' ?!

hey von...i looked up pose as well thanks to ur recommendations....but im gonna go with band only beacause its tried and tested.....they say loadsa thinks are gona replace the band..and i guess if it comes to that i might change from band to whatever in the future...till then i'm happy sitting in the hope of a band.

this wrap thing with stitches .... sounds scary.... but it goes to show how important gastric surgery for WL is.... massively in demand and new proicedures all the time!

I'm so glad for you that you've made up your mind.

If there was one thing that suited all, it would make life so much easier. As it is, we just have to go with what we feel the happiest with but I'm sure you will make the most of whatever you finally decide on.:)

Back