• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting back on track after taking my eye off the ball

los in it

It's been a while since I last was on here and I've been OK ish in myself or at least that's what I tell my family and friends but I feel the whole trying to maintain my eating as so what lapsed its around 3 years post bypass and I can eat more therefore I'm eating more the lowest I've got was 15stone I'm now around 16.7stone my starting point was knocking on 30 stone so some may say why the worry but I long for the days early on post op when I couldn't eat much and the weight was falling g off each Saturday I jump on the scales to see it very very slowly go up it does go down as well!
I suppose I'm asking how to re set my mind and body to better eating? I'm going to restart back at the gym in the new year I already go swimming (via working with disabled people) is it normal to gain this much weight post op? I'm really scared I'm going to wake up my old fat self weighting more than ever
Sorry for the ramble I'm in bed in the dark trying to avoid all the Christmas food and drink in the house
I don't feel sorry for myself this is of my own making I'm just looking for words of advise

jj87

No I worry all the time and I'm only 6months out... With this being my 1st Xmas I've noticed I've picked alot which is stressing me out for sure.... The struggle is always real x

ladilindy

Hi, I haven't been on here for quite a while either and I am having the same issues. I will be 3 years out at the end of March and my weight is slowly creeping up (not sure exactly how much I weigh at the moment as I only get on the scales to weigh my dogs). Like you I can eat more and also make bad food choices. I've been drinking too much alcohol as well. I have signed up for Dry January and I am looking at my eating, I need to really reduce the carbs as they seem to trigger dumping episodes quite often. I am going back to basics and using my small plate again.

I will weigh myself on New Years Day and take it from there

Lynn x

los in it

No I worry all the time and I'm only 6months out... With this being my 1st Xmas I've noticed I've picked alot which is stressing me out for sure.... The struggle is always real x
I get the picking at food bits
I know that I work best with routines ie get up have breakfast drink at work lunch home dinner snack drink and bed but bing off for the Christmas break as messed this up I'm grazing all day gym been closed so not getting my gym session in(walking instead) I can't believe I can't wait to go back to work for the sake of my waist line!

los in it

Hi, I haven't been on here for quite a while either and I am having the same issues. I will be 3 years out at the end of March and my weight is slowly creeping up (not sure exactly how much I weigh at the moment as I only get on the scales to weigh my dogs). Like you I can eat more and also make bad food choices. I've been drinking too much alcohol as well. I have signed up for Dry January and I am looking at my eating, I need to really reduce the carbs as they seem to trigger dumping episodes quite often. I am going back to basics and using my small plate again.

I will weigh myself on New Years Day and take it from there

Lynn x
Need to make new routine up while I'm on my Christmas break, try using my will power to beat the dreaded head demons I should be able to say no to the chocs I do any other time I guess because it's "Christmas" I'm using that as an excuse to binge ( in its new meaning as I really can't binge like I use to... In itself no had thing) I just need to get thru the next few days
Thank you for taking time out to reply

ladilindy

hello long lost friends..... am searching old and dear friends :) how are you x x x

Hi lovely Crystal...wonderful to hear from you. I am getting back on it after letting things slide for a long time. I finally faced the scales and was saddened to realise I had gained 3 stone. I am 8 days into Dry January and feeling massively better just from that. I am also eating healthily again focusing on protein and fruit and veg. I have realised that if I eat lots of carbs I want more and that leads to bad choices. How are you doing, I follow your crafting on FB your work is beautiful

Lynn x

SAM55

Just had my second Christmas and certainly have struggled with eating too much and the pounds have crept on. Promised myself a new start in January after my break away, with getting into a routine again and back to more strenuous sessions at the pool now I am three months post knee op. It all went out of the window the day after I got back and I have a chest infection, so no exercise and plenty of time and boredom to pick.

I think all we can do is go back to basics in getting the protein in, plan our meals and keep asking for support. I do still do a weekly weigh in as it tells my brain where I am at and it does help me a bit to adjust to better eating.