• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting banded tomorrow

Bella'sBand

Hi everyone, Getting banded tomorrow. I am a bit nervous but after reading all your experiences over the past week has put my mind at ease over a lot of things. Including @snack ''100% cotton pants'' ;)
Anyone got any words of advice? Got the dry mouth spray, got the heat pack, got the pants, dressing gown and slippers? Anything else? Oh and I have peppermint tea for when I get home.
:eek: Sooo nervous, would love to hear how you all felt the night before.

Thanks Bella'sband

Also does anyone know how you change the lbs lost on your ticker? 14lbs down now on pre op woo hooo!

Hiya Im not sure how you change it sorry! Good luck for tomorrow you will be fine :) I was fine night before but when I go on operation table had tears in my eyes very strange haha! I did have a lot of pain afterwards the wind pain is awful. Get some chewable windeeze, tablets cant say they did a LOT of help but better than nothink I suppose. After surgery keep yourself propped up to let the wind out and try and walk around as much as possible. Also when you get home, I found if you get somebody to massage around your shoulder blades (as if to push out the wind) it really helps . Sorry for the big essay, good luck you'll be fine xx

Hi bella, good luck for tomorrow! How exciting?! The only other thing I found invaluable was soluble paracetamol and codeine, they give you liquid paracetamol at dolan park but also recommend if that is not helping the pain to move on to effervescent paracetamol and codeine, stirred until the fizz goes. I was making mine up a couple of hours before needing it. Depends how good you are with pain, I'd rather have the pain relief than be a martyr! Got me through a tough few days, was thankful of that. Hope it all goes well for you, are you going to Dolan park? X

Good luck for tomorrow!

Its only natural to feel a bit nervous but it will all be over before you know it.

Take it easy but move around little and often to shift the wind - thats the best advice I can give you for the next few days xxxx

i wish i did what you did lolalou! I survived just on the liquid paracetamol they gave me at Dolan Park and it was awful :( usually I have a high pain threshold too!

hollywood30 said:
i wish i did what you did lolalou! I survived just on the liquid paracetamol they gave me at Dolan Park and it was awful :( usually I have a high pain threshold too!

I can't stand medicated drinks, let sip etc make me bork but the paracetamol was not enough for me, days two to five I was in a lot of pain, was struggling to be moving around much. It felt tons better after popping some codeine too! I mixed some cordial in with the effervescent co codamol to try and help it down :) x

It felt tons better after popping some codeine too! I mixed some cordial in with the effervescent co codamol to try and help it down :) x

I had those too, they dont taste good but they do the trick ;)

Make sure u take pain meds after on time even if you don't feel any pain coz if they run out you ll know about it , don't be surprised if after u think OMG wot have u done or feel a bit down coz thats all very normal , I thought I woz going madder then I already am until other ppl put it on here too , good luck xxxxx

:D Thank you everyone :) 3:40am and we are on our way...

Bye :( :) :( :)

Lots of luck with your op
Em xxxx

Bella'sBand said:
:D Thank you everyone :) 3:40am and we are on our way...

Bye :( :) :( :)

Ah how exciting! I was hyper the day of my op! Get ready for the rollercoaster ride, it's amazing! just go with the flow, try not to panic, and imagine that little black dress at Xmas :) I'm kind of jealous that you have such an exciting Saturday :) xxx

Good luck - hope it goes well

Hope all goes/went well xxxx

I'm BBBBAACCKKKK! ;)

Hello everyone!
Thank you so very much for all your words of support and great tips. All went so well. Staff was lovely, room was nice and quiet, no sheep or boiler ;)! Saw both anethetist and surgeon before op, went down at 12pm back to my room I think 1:45? My hubby was there waiting for me and was such a big help. I was not in too much pain but the sickness was horrendous and I was given in total 3 meds for that. I was so surprised and THANK GOD! I have not had one gas pain, the only pain I feel is as if someone has given me a good kick to the rips, other than that and being a bit wobbly I am fine. So I am afraid the pepper mint tea and heat pad are all sitting redundant. I feel so lucky as @Mimi had her band fitted last week and seems to have been lots of pain for days, so I truly feel blessed not to have experienced any gas pain.
I will say the first 3 hours were tough as I kept stopping breathing and my husband would have to nudge me and say ''you have stopped breathing again'' and I kept pulling the mask of to breath. He was there putting it back on and fixing my blanket, wetting tissue to wet my lips. So I take my hat of to all of you who had to go through those first few hours on your own, could not have been easy.
Last night they told me I could leave at 7 am. My hubby was staying at the Hilton close by so when he arrived at 7am that was it I could go home.
Something no one on any consultation told me before had but you have to inject yourself for 7 days. Did not see that one coming. I managed to do it OK this morning though was pretty straight forward, but a big surprise.
We got home at just after 11am and I had some soup, some parace/codine disolvable of course and went to bed at 1pm and had a great nap till 3:40.
So that is the story thus far peeps :D
All is good in the land of Banders! And I am well and truly on the LOOSERS BENCH! :bliss:

Oh and I am so glad I took my own cotton pants as the paper ones they gave me would not have fit my 11 year old niece! And my band is empty so far.

A Big huge :thankyou: to all of you who have given me such great advice and encouragement in my journey thus far :)

Bella'band!

Awww glad you are well!!! The injections thin your blood. I had a row of seven perfect bruises on my tummy where I'd done mine!! I wish I'd known someone could wait there with you :-( I'd have took my friend. Hope the pain stays away for you!! My band is empty too which at first I was disappointed about but now I'm glad it gave me time to heal and recover and I have my first fill in two weeks. X

Back