• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting banded tomorrow

Don't be too sure ur bands empty as when I went for first fill I had 2 mls in my band and they told me it was empty ? X

Welcome back. :553:

Hi BlueDiamond,

They are called Clexane and they told me when I first was coming round and was out of it but it is something to do with your blood? To stop you clotting I think. :)

@Lola aww thats a shame you did not know. It was lovely having my husband there to help me, I do not know how I would have gotten through those first few hours without him. He stayed with me till 8:30pm and was back at 7am.
I am glad mine is empty too. At first I though I would like some cc's in but now I am glad as things seem to be going down quite easily and I feel it is making recovery more easy. :D

@Snack really? Wow why would they tell you it was empty? And how do they know when they gave you your first fill that there was some in already? I asked the nurse and she came in with my records and said it was empty and also in the information they give you to take home those little cards in different languages the sticker on the back says ''empty''. I guess then only time will tell :) Thanks for he warning though.

Thanks for the welcome back Flutterby :)

You know that little card they gave us? What are we supposed to do with them? Do you keep it in your purse? The clexane helps prevent DVT alongside the lovely stockings, it depends on you surgeon if you get them and how many you get, I got a week too. Who did you have? Are you feeling ok now? X

Hi Lola,

I was told the one in English has to be kept in my purse in case I have an accident etc and when I am visiting abroad then I am supposed to take the one in that language so again if I was in an accident they would know I had a band.
Lol yes I am at the moment still wearing the lovely stockings :) who said glamour was dead? And I got a weeks worth too. My surgeon was Mr El Hasani, he was really brilliant and came afterwards and spoke to my husband explained it all went by the book and I did really well. I am feeling good considering. I don't have any of that gas pain so I am really thankful for that. I don't know that if you don't have it to being with then you don't have it at all or if it may still come so I am hoping it is a bullet I have dogged. The port site and my rib cage do feel like I have had a really good battering. The pain killers are taking the edge off though. So all in all I have to say I am feeling way better than I ever expected to but not exactly without any pain at all. Did you have yours with the Hospital group? Are you feeling back to your ''old self'' yet?

When ur bands fitted they flush it with saline to make sure it's ok and sometimes leave fluid in , when u have ur first fill they always see if there's any in there too start off and hey presto mine had 2 ml in it x

Ps mine all said empty too , asked nurse her words "u have a 10ml band that's empty" but it least it got too where I need too be a bit quicker xx

How do they tell if you have any in already though? I can't figure that one out lol? And I don't know what size of band I have. I did not ask and it is not written anywhere. I am sure it just a 10cc but I would have liked to know either way. Well if I do have some cc's left in after them flushing it, its not really a big deal is it? Like you say just means you are a little closer already to your sweet spot :)
How long ago did you have yours fitted?

Duh still have your letter for the doctor they gave you? I read that and it said what band I'd had and that it was empty. My dr was dr halstead, he really put me at ease. If you have dodged the wind pain that is absolutely fantastic, days 2-5 were absolutely horrific for me. I was drinking peppermint cordial in hot water like nobody's business and I hated it but it really did work. I thought the recovery was pretty fast though, the first week I felt shocking but each day was miles better then just over a week later I felt normal again. I had one scar that went a bit dodgy but my nurse cleaned it up and it's healing nicely, just itches like mad! It's a month tomorrow I had it, it's flown by. My weight loss has been slow and small, and I had two frustrating weeks but it's getting better now. Yes I was at Dolan park too. X

Never even thought to read the letter!!! Ahhh I am going to do that right now! :)

Ah ha! Says,
Allergan LAP-BAND system large, fill capacity of band, 14mls, band primed with, (ml) empty.

So I guess that means I have a 14cc band? Or am I confusing mls with cc's?

Hey Lola I hope now that everything has settled your weight loss will start to pick up. But you are right its better that you heal first then think about the weight loss after. Sounds like you had a really rough time, so glad that is all past for you now :)

That's what my letter said too. It was only rough for a few days, and even then I was so excited and happy I'd finally had it done that I didn't mind too much! I asked on here if the pain was right as a few times I couldn't get up off the sofa as it felt my inside on the left was tearing! But once I knew it was normal I relaxed and carried on happily. Up to now I have never thought what on earth have I done! But I'm a bit nervous of having my first fill after hearing some ladies on here who had the op with a fill in and have been struggling,up to now everything has gone down fine, I'd be nervous of my fill being any longer than two weeks ago as last night I ate a whole jacket potato and little omelette, and although I know that's not particularly bad and I'm still hovering about 1000 calories a day, it still felt I had eaten too much. I wish this weather was better though! When we had nice sun I was doing long walks with our dog, I can't get her past the door in this rain! Don't blame her mind. X

Thanks Snack, good to know. So I guess that means I can have up to 14cc's in my band? Not that I will but...:) good to know.

@Lola so you have a 14ml band too? I am a bit shocked as I was not expecting to read that, I just assumed I would have a 10ml band. I am not sure if it is a benefit or not? What do you think?

I didn't know much about it really, people on here said it goes on the size of your stomach, which is confusing as I've read of some larger people than myself having smaller ones, so not sure really, it can't be a bad thing as when we have fluid in it will have as much restriction as a smaller band would, I don't think it means we could be more restricted than a smaller band or we wouldn't be able to eat at all :-o the only the g that has crossed my mind is, my stomach may be big now and need a big band but what if I am successful and lose lots of weight and then the band is loose, I can't quite get my head around it. I'm easy confused! X

Some pl have bigger tummys then others doesn't mean because some ones bigger then u they have a bigger tummy , think of it this way just because your 5 ft 5 inches doesn't mean you ll have size 7 feet as I do , :) xx

Back