• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going for it....

Well went to my doctors today for a check over as I need him to sign me off work.

He was really pleased that I am still at goal weight as he hasn't seen me for six months and was really positive.

I then had what can only be described as an embarassing examination and he agreed that he would support me in having it done so now going to see two consultants (one private and one NHS) and then make a decision shortly.

M.

Bl*&dy hell Mike!! :eek: Go for it M8....talk about life changing experiences! :D :D

waytogo.gif
Mike,wow what an exciting time for you.Mike u so deserve to have the body you have worked so hard for.
Looking forward to hearing how things went ,take care xxx

My GP didn't they did tummy tucks for guys but I asked why and he couldn't answer!! It did make me laugh as he examined me standing up and said I didn't have that much so I kind of did an all fours thing (don't ask!) and then he went "OH YEAH!"

Made me laugh anyway!!

He has said he will refer me as he accepts that it doesn't look that good which is all I asked for.

Still not sure 150% I will have it done but if I see 2 plastic surgeons and they both agree it needs doing then at least I will feel I have made the decision after getting their agreement.

The other good thing is that I have had a veruca for ages I can't get rid of and so he froze it while I was there !!! Hopefully now I can have reflexology again as I used to love that.

Let us know how you get on with the consultations Mike!

I had mine on Friday, i've got my TT booked for 13th December! :eek:

Thanks

Snail did they tell you the recovery time??? My GP said up to 8 weeks off work but that sounds a hell of a lot to me surely.

M.

Well he said definately 2 weeks off work, and no exercise or anything strenuous for at least 4 weeks.

My original planned date was 21st Dec which i said would give me 2 weeks off uni then i'd be sat in lectures 2 days a week and they said that'd be fine but now cos its the week before i get three weeks rest before back to uni. I get 9 weeks totally recover (3 weeks off, 3 weeks in uni 2-3 days a week, then another 3 weeks hol) before going back on placement so ive been lucky really cos i'd never get that when i'm qualified.

What job do you do?

I run an IT department and in my spare time do this Cambridge counselling lark ;-)

I will be fine with Cambridge but I do a lot of lifting kit etc at work in the day and hence it worries me that 2 months off work is a non starter.

Then again I want it done to I suppose what will be will be.

You'll have to ask them cos my situation was different, i knew i'd be getting at least 8 weeks of not doing much apart from sitting in lectures so wasnt advise when i can start strenuous work cos i wouldnt be doing any, if you know what i mean. I'd say from a guess at least 6, could you be put on light duties at work or anything?

Well Jo and I have been away the weekend which is why I haven't been about on here.

Anyway have decided over the weekend to go for a TT and will be making the arrangements this week.

Have got my 5 grand in my left hand and my loose skin in my right and will be finally getting the six pack that has always been there just hiding a bit.

Wish me luck and will post on here all the way through consultation to actually having it all cut off!

Mike

Good Luck Mike!

Mike - Just wanted to wish you the best of luck. I am sure it will go well. I have had two sections (I know its not the same thing) but if you can get your hands on arnica 6 oc take it and it will really help your recovery time. I think you will be alot happier and more comfortable when the skin is gone. I will be dying to here how you get on because when I eventually get to my goal I plan to have one more baby (PG) and then a tummy tuck !!!

x

Bettyboo

Well Jo and I have been away the weekend which is why I haven't been about on here.

Anyway have decided over the weekend to go for a TT and will be making the arrangements this week.

Have got my 5 grand in my left hand and my loose skin in my right and will be finally getting the six pack that has always been there just hiding a bit.

Wish me luck and will post on here all the way through consultation to actually having it all cut off!

Mike

Morning Mike

Sorry it has taken me so long to find this thread.

Your Blog was what directed me to here and I feel as if I have found a home from home amongst people who just 'know' what I am going through.

So I wanted to wish you good luck for the op - I have 11-12st to lose so probably will be facing the same decision in say a years time so this is very close to home.

Good luck mate and thanks for your Blog - it may just have changed my life

Mindless

Hiya

No I don't know what to do really! They are saying that I might now be able to get it done on the NHS as my GP has seen me keep the weight off and he accepts that there is a lot of loose skin.

But at the same time the guy who did Haylee privately did a very good job so want him to do it but that is going to cost me 5 grand.

So going to go see the NHS consultant in a couple of weeks and be really honest with him and say i am worried about the scars and see what he advises and says and then make a decision.

M.

I can understand your reservations. Hope you get to make an informed decision.

Let us know how it goes.........

Thanks

Bettyboo

Good luck with your NHS appointment. This thread is really fascinating actually (and you made me chuckle with the throwaway verruca info!!)... :D Thanks for prompting this discussion - as ever with your threads it's v. informative..

I'm very worried about having loose skin and was looking into TTs - but I believe you can't have one if you are planning to have kids anytime in the future - is this true - ladies, or indeed gentlemen, wot know these things?

Maybe I'll just have to do a Britney and get a pluck and tuck!! :D

Mike, any further with this??? What are your thoughts at the mo??

Back