• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you think you will have plastics after your weight loss?

Hi all

I am going private for my bits and bobs sorting out as I dont want to be a skinny I am very happy with the way I am now. But I hate what I am left with. Its one thing been pumped up with fat but its another just hanging off me. Hopefully mine is due to be gone in August fingers crossed.

Good luck with everyone who is wanting this done. I will let you all know how it went if it goes ahead

Jo
xx

ooh good luck Jo. Would you be good enough to post about your experience as and when it happens please. I'm really keen to find out as much as possible at the moment. x

I don't think my pct fund plastics, I'm hoping my skin will be kind to me and shrink back (i can dream) saying that I'm only nearly 30 so age is on my side. Other than that i will have to find the money, i think i will definitely need arms sorting.
This is for the men have any of you needed plastics? Only asking because the few men i have read about say there skin has shrunk back and was wondering if this was the case for all men xxx

originally I said no but that was until I realised that skin would be so bad so I am hoping to put myself at the mercy of my pxt and my parents for
1st an apronectomy
2nd full body lift
3rd boob job
however the way I feel now, if these were refused I don't think I would be too upset cos life is already good x

i will need tummy tuck, i have bingo wings which at the moment they dont bother me but i know they will the more i lose weight, and even now i dont cover them up, too bloody warm too lol, i defo need a boob job but wit the right bra its ok, im hoping to have all this done but not for a while yet i wanna have kids first before the tummy tuck at least

Im intrigued to know how many of us intend to have reconstructive surgery after our weight loss. Losing the large amounts we do after WLS it is inevitable that many of us will have loose skin when our weight loss is finished.

I knew I would have loose skin, but Ive been shocked by how bad it is. My stomach hangs really low, my boobs are still massive but they are so deflated they look disgusting, my bingo wings are horrendous. My thighs have been OK until recently but now they resemble venetian blinds.

Im hoping and praying that the NHS will fund as much as possible, but I do understand with the cut backs this isnt likely.

So do you think you will pursue plastics, or are you happy with how your skin has shrunk back?

Yes i will need plastic surgery Sam but if i have to choose in order of preference it would have to be thighs first as they are so bad, then arms i don,t like showing my arms or legs and even now i cannot go swimming because of it. Then tummy tuc and boob job. Am not sure how lucky i will be have an appointment with my doctor on Tuesday to discuss where to be refered to anybody got any ideas i could be referef to dudley or sandwell or might be a chance of birmingham any advice would be appreciated.:sigh:

I could do with bingo wings boobs and belly doing - my thighs and calves are like Nora Battys stockings lol!!.

My GP told me that the PCT don't consider it till you've maintained for 2 years and BMI under 27.

I actually produce keloid scarring - my knee replacements look like worms have been left crawling down my legs lol so nor sure plastics is a good idea. Thankful to have the WLS really.

As an aside I've heard that there are lots of PCTs getting folks to sign to say they WON'T ask for plastics post WLS as a condition of getting the WLS - and it won't be available.

Angela xx

Hiya

Yes I will post Sam about my experiance I will find out next week if it is going ahead for the week after .so we will see

Jo
xx

As an aside I've heard that there are lots of PCTs getting folks to sign to say they WON'T ask for plastics post WLS as a condition of getting the WLS - and it won't be available.

Angela xx quote

I think that this will happen too coz it must be costing the nhs millions and they will have to cut their money somehow.

Jo
xx

OMG I just need everything doing - I could tuck my tummy into my socks also but it;s worse than that - because of the old stretch maks it looks like a map of grooves and dints - I describe it as my elephant ear (don't know why lol). My bat wings are worse though - they are horrendous and on the very rare occasion I don't have them fully covered people STARE - how rude is that. Saving for Florida in Aug 2010 then saving for surgery in Aug 2012 - I don't think after what we have been through we should settle for second best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do think t will have to be privately funded back due to the super choices our Government are making about where to cut money from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the moment the PCT in my area (Sunderland) are not funding plastic surgery unless its in exceptional circumstances. Mr Small (my consultant) told me this at my last appointment with him & I've heard others at our support group say this too.

I'm pre-op & at the moment so don't know how bad my skin will be. Does anyone know if something can be done to reduce the amount of saggy skin we'll have?

Iv always wanted a boob job even when i was bigger lol my skin aint too bad really not to the point that it worrys me , but i still have 7ish stone to go so things could be very different then , my bingo wings are prob the worst but iv seen some really bad scaring from that op so dont think id even go there but boobs and tummy tuck ill be up for them x

Have loved reading everyones replies. Thanks to those that have taken the time to post.

I think it is inevitable that the PCT's will have to make cuts but I am hopeful that they will at least fund my tummy if nothing else as it is so bad. It really does hang low and is completely covered in stretch marks. Its horrific.

If the NHS wont fund it then I will have to save as I simply cannot live with my tummy the way it is. That is something I will struggle with as Im not good at being selfish, and there will always be something more important that my family could do with spending the money on than my vanity.

My best friend had a band fitted 3 years ago and has lost 8 stone. She has a lot of lose skin on her tummy but she can not get funding for a tummy tuck at all, she lives in Crawley.

I am having the full works in one go and that saves quite a bit of money (tummy legs arms boobs and bum/back). So well worth seeing how much you can cope with at once. Mind you i might not say that once I have done it lol.

Jo
xx

Hi, I hope to have a bypass some time at the end of next year and it will probably take me 18-months - 2 years to lose the weight and be happy with myself.

I'll probably go private for the plastics - as I don't think that I could face all the Q&As and jumping through hoops.... I've started saving now for the plastics as I will probably be needing a full body lift if they do these! Belly, boobs, arms, thighs and my fat but will all need some attention as I have been huge all my life so I can imagine the amount of saggy skin that I will have. :banana dancer:

I've started swimming 3x/week and arm exercises/abs to see if that helps... Anyhoo, whatever I've managed to save between now and then will be added to a bank loan. I wonder if any of the clinics do 'buy one get one free' or discount cards for several surgeries....

oooo nova i do know that if its a 'package' yu do get discounts, but god make sure you go with a decent surgeon, i know your prob rolling eyes haha but after a documentry i watched this week, sometimes the cheaper going abroad option seems better, but eeeeek good luck its exciting when you think of the end result hey xx

Hi Kelly, yup there are some horra stories out there - I don;t know if I'd feel safe going abroad but guess that things can go wrong anywhere (and if its me, it probably will - always had **** luck!) I think that if I'm going to be brave enough to go through one operation then I might as well go the whole hog. I can imagine that my belly will be down past my knees by the time its deflated + will probably be able to wrap my boobs round my neck like a scarf - will come in handy in the bad weather no doubt!

hahahahahha nova me to! i think ill need tum n boobs, my boobs will be a treat tho for all my hard work! do you think they d do it all in one go??... christ they ;d have to make sure we were doped up on morphine!

I was on a website the other day looking at plastics and read that they have to do multiple ops in certain stages - so like legs & bum first, then tum and boobs last - so that things go back to the right place when they've finished and the swelling goes down. Would be great if they could do it all in one go though - although with what I'd need doing, I'd look like a patchwork quilt.

Back