• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you think you will have plastics after your weight loss?

Sambucca

Im intrigued to know how many of us intend to have reconstructive surgery after our weight loss. Losing the large amounts we do after WLS it is inevitable that many of us will have loose skin when our weight loss is finished.

I knew I would have loose skin, but Ive been shocked by how bad it is. My stomach hangs really low, my boobs are still massive but they are so deflated they look disgusting, my bingo wings are horrendous. My thighs have been OK until recently but now they resemble venetian blinds.

Im hoping and praying that the NHS will fund as much as possible, but I do understand with the cut backs this isnt likely.

So do you think you will pursue plastics, or are you happy with how your skin has shrunk back?

oooo meee me!! im hoping fr a tummy tuck and (.)(.) job, im hoping ill get my tt on the nhs and save for the boobs eeek i think thats all ill need!! ooo i hope so hun x

I'm gonna have to wait & see Sam... I was told at the start of my journey that the pct wouldn't fund plastics.

4 yrs ago I lost 7 stone in 4 months on a vlcd & had no saggy skin, having had another child & being 4 yrs older I'm not expecting the results to be as good.

Its one thing that does really concern me but will have to deal with that on the otherside. x

yeah i think i will - im 24 stone and my belly allready hangs down so ive got a feeling ill need something doing with that! im going to try my best to tone it up as much as i can myself tho - other wise ill have to tie some string to it and hang it round my neck, lol

haha keeley. I find its easier to tuck mine in my socks than to try and hold it up!

I really hope i dont have 2 much loose skin, but i expect will need a TT and (.)(.) done

Yeap boobs tummy and anything else I can get them to do on nhs (my friend had boobs and tummy done a few years ago)

Well at my heaviest i was 27.13 and was that weight for nearly 8 years, i am now 19.9 and tbh i am so disgusted when i catch a look at myself on the rare occasion in the mirror.
My tummy hangs half way between my thighs and knees and that is no exaggeration, i have to wear 2 pairs of Gok wan`s mega strength hold me in knickers to hold my tummy up, my arms are enormous and my thighs flap all over the place, and i still have 9.7 stone to lose so i dread to see how bad things are going to be at goal and this scares me big time as i worry my tummy hanging do low might make walking hard for me say 7 stone more loss.

I have to have plastics and pray to god my pct will fund it other wise i have no idea how i will be able to afford the plastics.

I too would love to have plastics, the usual TT ( . )( . ) uplift, arms and legs. Ive got no idea if the NHS will fund it but I hope so as Ive no way of getting it done privately. Fingers crossed! x

well i couldnt afford to pay myself, but my gp has said she would do everything in her power and the pct said at time wls funding it will be fine so i keep my fingers crossed this is so................. I was told cause of all the ops i have had on my stomach they would do it a s it will never go back with all the scarring also was todl it would remove quiet alot of scarring. ..i am hoping to have boobies and tt done and i think i will need legs done too.

If i ever get to a healthy bmi i hope my pct will be kind to me. I have a friend who has had the ok for a tt, but i know my legs will be awful as they're enormous now and i so want to go swimming with my grandchildren....

Time will tell :) xx

Thanks All.

Roch, there is a lady who came to our local support group in July who had a similar problem. Her "Apron" hung so low that it was impeding her ability to walk etc and so she got exceptional funding to have the apron removed whilst she was still heavy. It wasnt so much of a cosmetic procedure, but an essential medical need. Her mobility has much improved and she went on to continue to lose weight. She may eventually need corrective surgery to improve the appearance of her stomach, but for now she is happy.

I'm fully expecting to need PS after my weight loss. I would expect to need a TT, boob lift and an arm lift, at least, and am starting to save madly for it, as I know I probably won't get NHS funding for it.
I'll be grateful if they pay for my WLS.

whereabouts do you live Louanne? What PCT do you come under. Most PCT's in the west midlands seem to routinely fund WLS and plastics, but of course there will be exceptions. Good idea to save though.

whereabouts do you live Louanne? What PCT do you come under. Most PCT's in the west midlands seem to routinely fund WLS and plastics, but of course there will be exceptions. Good idea to save though.

Really? It would be nice. I'm under Dudley PCT. Anything I get will be a bonus, but it won't hurt me to save in the meantime.

very wise lou xx

I was told that my area NHS does not fund plastics, so I am quite pleased im not suffering much from lose skin. as I dont think I could afford private.

I would love to Sam. My boobs I am not too bothered by as when i have a bra on they look fine (with a bit of tinkering with pushing them about!) but I hate my bingo wings and I don't like my overhanging belly. I doubt whether I will get it on the NHS though as my overhang isn't huge and doesn't even cover my pubic hair and I don't get any rashes or skin problems with it, but I hate the roundedness it gives to my shape when I have clothes on and just want that flat appearance when wearing a skirt or trousers (I know I'm lucky that its not too bad). If I was just offered one thing then I would probably go for the bingo wings as I can cover everything else up but love wearing short sleeves and they just make me feel old. I've just started doing kettlebells and shake weight to try and firm them up but they don't seem to be responding.

its a lottery hey x

HI,

I had my op in March and have now lost 6 stone I have at least another 11 to go and think I am going to need surgery as my tummy hangs down a bit already and my hubby and I were discussing my belly button last night it's still roughly in the same place but is now a slit instead of a black holeeeee.

Anyway the only way I would be able to have plastics is if my local authority were charitable enough to pay for it or if I won the lottery. I don't like the way I look now and although outwardly I am looking forward to wearing nice clothes etc I am dreading what I will look like if I reach my goal.

Take Care

Paula XX

Back