• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going for my bypass op in less than 5 hours!!!

nichola24

Omg my time has finally come around! im starting to get really nervous now, so far ive managed to keep myself busy doin anything and everything! but now all thts left is sleep, get up, get ready nd drive to derby!!

shall be on here as soon as i get home to get lots of helpful tips and advice :)

nichola xx

good luck nichola hope you're back safe and speedily! xx

thanks rachael :)

just hope the pain isnt too bad as im a complete wuss lol!

i had my op 12 days ago and i went back t work yesterday :) pain has for me anyway never been bad thank heavens, worst i suffered with was wind after the op so ask for peppermint oil from hospital - i'm sure most will do the tablets, mine did and they were a godsend!! make sure you get up and about asap it really helps with wind pains, i can honestly say i have no regrets and neither will you good luck hunny we'll all be here waiting on the other side for ya x

peppermint oil tablets? will have to ask if the wind gets too bad

wow thts really lucky tht you have no pain now, even if i do feel up to work im not goin bk lol! hate the place so gonna stay off for as long as i can :) within reason of course, i work on a deli counter so i prob wont be able to go bk too soon ne how with all the bending, lifting and reaching!

right i better try go to sleep, eeeek! see you on the losers bench :)

Hope it goes well for you and the pain is short lived xxxx

Good luck for 2moz x wishin u a speedy pain free recovery x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Good luck hunni xx

thanks everyone :) off i go!!!!

woohoo good luck Nichola :) xxx

yippee!hold on tight for the ride of your life love ! ,good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck sweetie, all will be good, we will be waiting for you when you get back xxx

Best wishes hun.....I'm sure all will be okay and you're up and about in no time....

Take Care

Andy x

Hope everything went ok today :) Looking forward to hearing how you got on with Mr Ahmed at the team!!

H x

hello :) just to let you all know it went really well. surgeon said it went "beautifully" :) mr ahmed is a v nice surgeon, would reccomend him to anyone.

had to wait 9.5 hours to go down to theatre :-( was shattered, thirsty nd v hungry at this point, and apparently becasue of this it took me a hell of a long time to come around, was fightin to open my eyes but cudnt lol :-(
had a good nights sleep, didnt really feel any pain.....next day completely different story!!

managed to get up nd changed into my pjs, got bk on my bed nd kept nodded off, then drug round came nd i had dissolvable paracetmol.....word of warning....dont even go there! i felt as sick as a pig, full of gas nd ended up bursting into tears, they then made me drink a whole glass of milkshake, and by time id finihsed tht i had to eat a bowl of soup!! i cudnt managed much tho, dietian came round later tht day and was not impressed with the nurses one bit as they made me eat all of tht :-(

for the rest of the day i felt shockin, in so much pain :-(

got to bed time nd i tried gettin into bed nd i ended up screamin out in pain and hyperventilating becasue of the gas crampin my stomach, shoulders, chest and back, most painful thing i have eva felt, nd the nurse didnt even bat an eyelid, she said she cudnt get me nething as my notes were up at pharmacy! i ended up walking out into the corridor doubled up nd this nicer nurse rushed up to get my notes for me, got lots of lovely morphine :)

was discharged sat night but stayed at my nanas for 2 nights as she has aides nd things so tht made it a lot easier, but finally home nd in my own bed now :)

wind pain is slowely goin down now, still struggling to sit down and get up but have no regrets at all :) my back and my bum arent half numb tho!!!

cnt wait to go to my 6 week check up to see how ive done!

nichola xxx

Glad ur home n on the mend happy loosing ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back