• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gold standard whey protein

JO28172

(extreme chocolate flavour of course!)

Ok so I've decided to give in n try a tub of powder as a ready made can for breakfast was costing me £2 a day...I can get 36 drinks from a tub at £20...thats 55p a day.....bargain!

But

Anyone tried it? I've googled it etc read reviews, the lot and it seems pretty good.....but it's all in the taste?! Guess I'll soon know :)

No, not tried this one but have tried various others. I don't like them and they don't like me :(

Hope you like it!

Not sure if that's the one from Holland and Barrett. I bought a chocolate whey protein from there and it was not very nice, and I couldn't drink it, but others who had bought it loved it. Think its all down to personal tastes in the end.

No it's not a holland and Barrett one as the many reviews for theirs put me off :)

i don't like chocolate flavour anything :) i have tried strawberry but was not a success too chalky and my tummy didn't like it, i'm not sure if it was too strong or what the problem really was but i don't think i will buy any more it's a bit expensive to put in the bin :)

I use syntax Strawberry Mouse when i need to up my protein. i make it up with skimmed milk, ice, tall glass and suck through straws. pretending its some sort of cocktail. i quite like it, not had chocolate ones as some are just ghastly.

I have the syntrax nectar protein apple juice and pink grapefruit mixed with water and the chocolate truffle with milk

Well it's arrived! Tried it with water but was just ok! :( going to try later with milk....can see why my beloved ready made cans of shake are higher in carbs (and £) now!

Must admit i had to hold my nose to drink my protein shake, but, if you keep your nose pinched for a minute or two the taste is gone!!:eek:

Kim

stuckinafatsuit said:
Must admit i had to hold my nose to drink my protein shake, but, if you keep your nose pinched for a minute or two the taste is gone!!:eek:

Kim

:D I can imagine I'll be doing that soon! Shame when the cans were so bloody lovely. Ah well I got a great tub of it to get used up now!

try a scoopful of protein powder with some 0% total yogurt and some soft fruits like raspberries or strawberries. Whiz it up in the blender and you have a really high protein smoothie. That's what I do and they are really lovely... the possibilities are endless..

MyProtein, google them, do a protein water, summer fruits or lemon and lime. You get 40g of protein per 500ml bottle! They won't work out cheap though on a daily basis, I have them for early post op mainly then see how I get on.

Back