• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein - Science or Science fiction

Wow SS, 10 stone! Fantastic. Good on you.

Terri, my dietician said protein supplements are a good idea as am unable to eat enough without. She also recommend some kind of vit/mineral thing - Forceval? She is writing to my GP to prescribe it.

I know from speaking to the girls on here they swear by them and I'm so confused about it but will just get myself through the liquid stage and then see whats what 8O)

Terri,

That's why I have ordered some today. I am not getting anywhere near decent enough proteins down me yet and am still healing so thought I'd give it a whirl.

I got mine from here: http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/maximuscle-promax/12575

Fedup,

SS is one of the regular-posting successful bypass losers. In addition to Shel, Phatgirl & Hopelesscase who are regular posters, he talks much sense (most of the time anyway ;) )

There are other successful bypass losers of course, but I haven't seen them on here for a while.

It begins

So today the large tub of protein milk shake arrived and i've sampled my first portion, as per my previous post i wasn't expecting it to be the greatest tasting thing in the world, but to be honest it wasn't to bad at all, sadly hulk style muscles didn't start rippling across my chest, but i'll give it a go for a while and see what happens.

Look at you, taking one for the team...bless ya!!!

lmao richard s long as you do not turn green as well!!

when i am off and have a lie in i have a double shot protien when i get up to boost me levels, then lunch at the normal time, by the time i have finished my first drink it can be 11am almost lunch time

However the dietitian wants me to try more carbs ie weetabix in the morning grrr

Hi all

I've been in consultation with my dietician about this experiement and he's advised that the protein supplimentation is a good thing, he's said that the recommended RDA for protein is 45g a day made up protein in the food i eat and supplimentation. One portion of the protein mix i have now is 45g, so i'll probably go for one shake a day and bump up my protein through food as well.

Stay tuned for the next exciting instalment :D

I'm crap at breakfast but used to enjoy my slim-fast in the morning. Which shakes have you gone for?

Thanks for that SS - will stay tuned for the next instalment of 'SS and the Protein Shake Down' lol

I'm crap at breakfast but used to enjoy my slim-fast in the morning. Which shakes have you gone for?

Lisa - I've gone for this stuff

Sci-MX 100% Whey Protein - Muscle Building, Whey Protein Shake

I have friends that use it and swear by it, also have a look at the nutritional information on this product, whilst it doesn't taste like a Vodka martini, it is drinkable, plus you get your full does in one shot making an econimical purchase !

Actually they sent me some sort of diet pills as a free sample in with my pack, guess i really dont need diet pills, lol might give them to the cat as its getting a bit fat :D

What is the texture like?

I have the ready made cartons of the protein shakes that Nic recommends sitting in my fridge and can't abide the texture, its sort of gritty and leaves a coating on the tongue. It tastes OK though.

What is the texture like?

I have the ready made cartons of the protein shakes that Nic recommends sitting in my fridge and can't abide the texture, its sort of gritty and leaves a coating on the tongue. It tastes OK though.

Its not that bad, it isn't gritty and i'm using a proper shaker to mix it up, i tried it will water yesterday and it was a little watery (i.e not really thick like a milk shake should be) and i made it this morning with 300ml of cold semi skimmed milk which made it a lot thicker and creamier, but the bubbles made it harder and slower to drink, i also found it filled me up and i didn't have any desire for breakfast ! and as its not the intention to replace a meal means i'd have to have it at a different time to breakfast.

In summary i preffered the water instead of milk, the water was easier to woof down and didn't leave me feeling really full, so i'll probably go for water from now on rather than milk. Taste wise, i bought the strawberry and it wasn't too bad, i tried the chocolate and provided your not really expecting it to taste like cadburys then it doesn't taste to bad either.

Richard I mix mine with 1/4 milk and 3/4 water ;)

I bought this a tescos on tuesday and I think its pretty good. They have the sachets to try first...I sont like the strawberry one, but the chocolate ones good. I make mine with half milk half water...Good luck SS x

Hi SS,

How's it going?

Back