• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein - Science or Science fiction

Yes i've been wondering and thinking about you too x

Hi all

Been away for a week walking and climbing in the lake district, but thought i'd write a quick update on the protein supplimentation.

Ok so its been just over a week now and dispite having had massive amounts of exercise i've only lost 1lb this week - that doesn't worry or supprise me really, my expert dietician has warned me that doing heavy exercise and taking the protein will increase my metabolic rate and help to build muscle mass whilst still burning fat, so i suspect i've increased my muscle mass, he also warned me that it may take a few weeks for my body to adapt to the increase in protein and exercise and start burning fat again, and advises not to worry as it will kick back into fat burning mode in time.

I want to really lose the fat, but i also know that long term burning away my muscle will cause me longer term problems, so slowing down my lose and building and maintaining muscle has to be a good thing.

I'm also celebrating today as my 1lb lose has taken my BMI under 30 to 29.6, i'm now officially overweight rather than obese :D not bad considering in 9 months i've gone from a BMI of 50 to 29.6 :D

Richard well done on getting to that magic number. sounds like you had a good week and what your diatition said make perfect sence and is similar to what i was told. how many grams of protien are you having in your suppliment each day?
carole

Great news Richard, well done.

Wow, a magic number - under BMI 30. Congratulations!

Way to go Richard, you sound like you are all sorted. I am eager to see how you get on with the protein. Congrats on the under 30 BMI, from 50 to under 30 is a HUGE achievement so big claps for you!

Nic:)

Richard well done on getting to that magic number. sounds like you had a good week and what your diatition said make perfect sence and is similar to what i was told. how many grams of protien are you having in your suppliment each day?
carole

Hi Carole

I'm doing 45 grams a day which is the recommended daily amount, and works out to 2 scoops of stuff mixed with 300 mls of water.

Hi all

Been away for a week walking and climbing in the lake district, but thought i'd write a quick update on the protein supplimentation.

Ok so its been just over a week now and dispite having had massive amounts of exercise i've only lost 1lb this week - that doesn't worry or supprise me really, my expert dietician has warned me that doing heavy exercise and taking the protein will increase my metabolic rate and help to build muscle mass whilst still burning fat, so i suspect i've increased my muscle mass, he also warned me that it may take a few weeks for my body to adapt to the increase in protein and exercise and start burning fat again, and advises not to worry as it will kick back into fat burning mode in time.

I want to really lose the fat, but i also know that long term burning away my muscle will cause me longer term problems, so slowing down my lose and building and maintaining muscle has to be a good thing.

I'm also celebrating today as my 1lb lose has taken my BMI under 30 to 29.6, i'm now officially overweight rather than obese :D not bad considering in 9 months i've gone from a BMI of 50 to 29.6 :D
Well done SS - glad you had a nice time in the lakes keep up the good work and sending you hugs with fairy dust for your new BMI status x

whooo richard well done on no longer being obese, celebrate with a little cheese and wine :)

i went to loch Fyne in convent gardens last night, i love their seafood platter and had an oyster this time. Actually managed to eat a meal for a change instead of just picking at one

i went to loch Fyne in convent gardens last night, i love their seafood platter and had an oyster this time. Actually managed to eat a meal for a change instead of just picking at one

Well done on meal. I love Loch Fyne too. How did you cope with the oyster? Did you chew it? x x

chuckles nope ladybird gal i swallowed it whole.... only way to deal with them, you chew it will swell, you swallow the acid in your stomach makes them contract/shrink.

Loch Fyne is one of my favourite places, there and sushi hmmmmmm

Ok Protein supplimentation update - For the second week running i've consistently lost 1lb, now this might not seem a lot, but at my stage i've expected my lose to dramatically slow down and it has !
What i have noticed though is more definition in my body, it seems to be more taught and a bit less flabby, i'm not sure if this is due to the exercise or the protein but it seems to be doing something.
I've also found that when i do my protein shot at around 11am each morning it makes me mis my mid morning snack as i feel full from the protein, and i go through to lunch without feeling slightly hungry !

Sounds interesting Rich probably a combination of both - so what flavours have you enjoyed and have you had a mixture of shakes and shots if so which do you prefer???

Hello all you loser type peoples out there

Week 3 update for those that are following my protein experiment.

This week i've consistantly lost, though a slight increase from last weeks 1lb to 2lbs this week, and dispite a slight mishape last week involving a can of full fat Tango, a semi frozen twix, four biscuits and a stripper called Holly i've still managed to lose. :D

I've decided that running this experiement for 4 weeks may not be enough, so have decided to increase the experiment time to 6 weeks now.

At this early stage its really difficult to say if the protein suppliments are making any real difference, though i'm consistantly losing and have started to notice that i dont seem to have as much saggy skin, though that may be partly due to the exercise.
So everything reamins the same, i will continue to do the same level of exercise and continue with my 45g of protein a day and see what the scales say next weekend.

SS

SS,

How's it going?

Back