• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good news!!! Bad news!!!

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
The good news is I have now lost 90lb or 6 stone 6lbs :D :D
The bad news is my GP has said I have an incisional hernia:cry::cry:
He doesn't want to do anything about it at the moment because I'm still losing weight.
This doesn't bother me too much as I am hoping to have a tummy tuck and they can do it all together :D :D

hi huni, contrats on a fantastic weight loss, well done.
its a shame about the hernia though, but like u say if they can fix it when they do your tt thats not too bad is it. can i just ask, what is an incisional hernia, it sounds like its under an incision, but i dont understand it after that. and is it painful, i hope not huni.
big hugs, and well done again, xxx

Well done on your weightloss!!! It is massive!!

As on hernia - hope it is not too painful and I know that you can definately fix it when having a tummy tuck.

What Is an Incisional Hernia?

An incisional hernia happens when a weakness in the muscle of the abdomen allows the tissues of the abdomen to protrude through the muscle. The hernia appears as a bulge under the skin, and can be painful or tender to the touch. In the case of an incisional hernia, the weakness in the muscle is caused by the incision made in a prior abdominal surgery. An incisional hernia is typically small enough that only the peritoneum, or the lining of the abdominal cavity, pushes through. In severe cases, portions of organs may move through the hole in the muscle.

I found this explanation
I had an open bypass the PCT were to tight to fund keyhole.
It doesn't hurt just a nuisance.

Aw I hope you get sorted soon hun, Im pleased that at least its not painful for you. Fab news on the weightloss though :eek: Go you!! XXX

Well done on such a fab weight loss, and for being so positive. xx

Hopefully they'll sort the hernia out for you, I knowit might not seem it, but I bet it's a small price to pay for such a fantastic weight loss!! Well done hun xXx

Ive had one since my hystericalrectomy lol in 2000.got bigger but only bothers me if our daft staffy jumps on the bed to wake me up!Wont do it till had wls and got the weight down or it can pop again.

thanks wendy, so i assume that you do get some discomfort from it then, i hope it isnt too much discomfort and that you dont have to wait too long for your tt. i didnt realise that it costed more to have laparoscopic surgery, i just thought that some surgeons preferred doing open surgery. so all that time recovering for money, its not f air is it. big hugs xx

Thinking of you Wendy and wishing you all the very best... love and hugs always xxx

oh Wendy...well done on the weight loss hun yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its bad news about the hernia hun...did your G.P indicate if you can get you T,T and hernia repair on the NHS.???

Ooohh Wendy - I think I may have one of those! I have a huge hard lump under my skin, about 6 inches below the bottom of my left boob, I can literally hold the whole thing in one hand lol!. It's been there a few years, I did get it checked out and went for a scan, worrying it was something else, and was told it's nothing to worry about it was just a thickening or hardening of the lining of my stomach, or something like that, can't remember exactly what they said.
I worry about it every now and then, thinking it could be more than it is but it's not caused me any problems - yet!
Take care hun x

Well done on your weight loss!

You need to keep an eye on your hernia. I have just had mine repaired, having had two episodes as an in patient having suffered extreme pain. The hernia is ok to live with as long as it doesn't become strangulated/incarcerated (stuck or twisted).

You need to keep a careful eye on it and if you experience extreme pain (rather like someone giving your innards a Chinese burn or waves of cramp-like pain), then you need to go to A&E *straightaway*.

All the very best.

oh Wendy...well done on the weight loss hun yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its bad news about the hernia hun...did your G.P indicate if you can get you T,T and hernia repair on the NHS.???

Hi Lisa the Gp I saw yesterday doesn't like anyone to be refered for anything none urgent but another one in the practice will refer me no problems when my BMI is below 30.
My friend with the same Drs as me has had a boob job and a tummy tuck on the nhs no problem.
I am also under the same PCT as Janey.

Back