• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good news!!! Bad news!!!

Well done on your weight loss!

You need to keep an eye on your hernia. I have just had mine repaired, having had two episodes as an in patient having suffered extreme pain. The hernia is ok to live with as long as it doesn't become strangulated/incarcerated (stuck or twisted).

You need to keep a careful eye on it and if you experience extreme pain (rather like someone giving your innards a Chinese burn or waves of cramp-like pain), then you need to go to A&E *straightaway*.

All the very best.

Thanx sweetie. So glad you are on the road to recovery now.
In fact it was your posting about your op that made me see the GP.

Wendy I bet you are over the moon about the fantastic weight loss. Sorry to hear about the hernia and hope it doesn't give you any problems before the tt.

Rebirth xx

Aww Wendy only you can go and get yourself a blooming hernia :(

Brilliant news on the weight loss, i'm only 40lb or so behind you now :) About time you took a new picture so when i meet you for coffee again i recognise you :)

How's the eating going now? Is it any better? xx

Hi Lisa the Gp I saw yesterday doesn't like anyone to be refered for anything none urgent but another one in the practice will refer me no problems when my BMI is below 30.
My friend with the same Drs as me has had a boob job and a tummy tuck on the nhs no problem.
I am also under the same PCT as Janey.
wow..It really is a lottery ...
I am so pleased you can get it done..
Its wonderful that you have got a supportive G.P...
I agree with Julie..new pic time :cool:
xxx

Aww Wendy only you can go and get yourself a blooming hernia :(

Brilliant news on the weight loss, i'm only 40lb or so behind you now :) About time you took a new picture so when i meet you for coffee again i recognise you :)

How's the eating going now? Is it any better? xx

wow..It really is a lottery ...
I am so pleased you can get it done..
Its wonderful that you have got a supportive G.P...
I agree with Julie..new pic time :cool:
xxx

Eating is still bad :sigh: the cats and next doors dog are now all awaiting bypass surgery LOL must stop giving them left overs:rolleyes:

New photos will be done in 2 weeks at my daughters wedding :D

Hi Wendy,

I would have thought it would have made sense to sort the hernia out before plastics. I am hoping for plastics (if I *ever* shed this fookin' weight...), but having been repaired, cannot see how they can do plastics with a hernia in situ. Unless they are looking to do it at the same time? Ooooouch!

What issues are you having with food huns? I have loads... haha!

Hi Wendy,

I would have thought it would have made sense to sort the hernia out before plastics. I am hoping for plastics (if I *ever* shed this fookin' weight...), but having been repaired, cannot see how they can do plastics with a hernia in situ. Unless they are looking to do it at the same time? Ooooouch!

What issues are you having with food huns? I have loads... haha!

Hi sweetie
sometimes the mesh they use to repair hernias can be a problem when doing any abdominal surgery so if the do it all at the same time that problem is removed.
As for food where do I start, nearly 6 months out I still have problems finishing a small yogurt I even struggle with probotic drinks. One bite of anything can feel too much and even a cup of tea can leave me feeling full for ages.:sigh:

Oh Wendy i envy you your weight loss but will happily stick with my 3 1/2 stone and the knowledge that not much upsets pouchy! Thank the lord i still love my food.... xx

Back