• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date today!!! Bypass here I come... And then I was SLEEVED

Lisa876

So after much anxiety and harassment of Heartlands' Bariatric Team, I was given a date of 17th June today.
My pre-op assessment will be on 13th June and I am to start LSD next Tuesday (24th May)

I am so excited about the endless possibilities of my new life that awaits... but equally terrified, lol.

Wow that was quick ! You must be so happy and excited ! I'm really pleased for you .. We will all be here to guide you through the pre op diet so ask anything ..
Mindy
Xxx

Yep liver shrink :)

Wow that was quick ! You must be so happy and excited ! I'm really pleased for you .. We will all be here to guide you through the pre op diet so ask anything ..
Mindy
Xxx

It felt like forever Mindy! But looking at other people's journeys, it is indeed a bit quick.
I am sooo happy, I almost cried when I got the call, soppy ball of emotions that I've been recently:)

Thank you for the offer and I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions. I'm just trying to work on my LSD plan as the milk one isn't an option due to lactose intolerance. I'd originally settled on the real food diet, but having second thoughts though I don't which other diet would 'guarantee' me good loss...

This is what I had to follow , it looks awful but once in the swing of it , it was really easy and fulfilling ..
Daily
8Oz chicken
4 eggs
Any amount of green leafy veg , must be green only
1 large bag of salad leaves
Bovril
1/2 cucumber
3 pieces of fruit , no bananas
Sugar free jelly
Black tea or coffee ..

My fav meal out of this was dry fried eggs drizzled with Bovril as they fried , then served on the salad leaves .. It's truly delicious ..
I lost 16lbs in 2 weeks !
Mindy
Xxxx

Congrats on getting your date. If you want to try the milk diet but are lactose intolerant why not try the lactofree from Arla, that's what I'm on and it tastes just like milk :)

Congratulations!

Good luck. Am staring my LSD on Monday. I going for the milk. I did it before when I had a band in 2012. It's not going to be fun but we will be fine

Fantastic news - really exciting! Is it normal to get less than one mo the notice for the operation?

This is what I had to follow , it looks awful but once in the swing of it , it was really easy and fulfilling ..
Daily
8Oz chicken
4 eggs
Any amount of green leafy veg , must be green only
1 large bag of salad leaves
Bovril
1/2 cucumber
3 pieces of fruit , no bananas
Sugar free jelly
Black tea or coffee ..

My fav meal out of this was dry fried eggs drizzled with Bovril as they fried , then served on the salad leaves .. It's truly delicious ..
I lost 16lbs in 2 weeks !
Mindy
Xxxx

Thanks Mindy, 16 lbs in 2 weeks sounds great! That's over a lb a day! I rarely eat chicken and eggs but I'd definitely give this some serious thought. My guide does allow me to mix and match diets (i.e. different diets on different days), so think I may start of with this but have meal replacement options as well so I don't get bored and stray

Congrats on getting your date. If you want to try the milk diet but are lactose intolerant why not try the lactofree from Arla, that's what I'm on and it tastes just like milk :)

Thanks Naf :) Think I may include it as an option especially for those days that I'm out and about...
I don't even remember what "real milk" tastes like anymore lol I haven't had any since I was around 6 years old!

Good luck. Am staring my LSD on Monday. I going for the milk. I did it before when I had a band in 2012. It's not going to be fun but we will be fine
Thanks Sunshine, and the same to you:)
Yes we will and all the very best to you on your journey

Fantastic news - really exciting! Is it normal to get less than one mo the notice for the operation?

It is indeed fantastic news, Rose. Less than a month's notice probably isn't normal, but I'm so happy! lol

VLCDs like Exante have also been mentioned as LSD option in my guide... Has anyone tried it? There seems to be a reasonable number of meals, bars etc... or is that a bit of a lazy "cop-out"?

First week of LSD and I'm down 4.5kg. My admission letter said I needed to lose 7-14kgs but as I had apparently gained 2 kgs since my last hospital weigh-in, I guess thats only 2.5kg off my 'official' target... So I've got another 5kgs minimum to shift in the next 2 weeks...

you go girl, you can deffo do it !

Back