• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date today!!! Bypass here I come... And then I was SLEEVED

Heartlands rang back this afternoon to confirm my surgery date has been moved up to this Friday 10/6. My pre-op will be on Wednesday afternoon.
I'm so nervous now omg lol

Great weight loss and you must be so excited about Friday :D

Great weight loss and you must be so excited about Friday :D

Thank you @nafpnd I'm feeling all types of emotions... excited, scared, anxious, hopeful... but above all trying to remain positive.
Its going to be so hard being away from my little girl. She was 2 in March and we've never been apart for more than a few hours. I think that will perhaps be the hardest thing for me to deal with.
BUT I'm doing all of this to try and ensure that she has the best quality of life that a healthier mom can give her :)

Feeling all those emotions is normal I think, I know I certainly felt that way. You can do this and yes just keep reminding yourself why you are doing this. It's worth it I promise. I'm 3 and a half weeks out and at the weekend I actually went out to watch my kids fly kites and I wouldn't have felt able to before my op so it can start making a difference that quickly. Good luck! x

All those emotions are normal Lisa, but as you say you need to think about the long term health improvements for your daughter.

I have a 5 year old, so I feel for you. It will all be worth it xxx

Feeling all those emotions is normal I think, I know I certainly felt that way. You can do this and yes just keep reminding yourself why you are doing this. It's worth it I promise. I'm 3 and a half weeks out and at the weekend I actually went out to watch my kids fly kites and I wouldn't have felt able to before my op so it can start making a difference that quickly. Good luck! x

Thanks for that @FeeHutch, I know you're right. Such simple pleasures would mean the world :)

All those emotions are normal Lisa, but as you say you need to think about the long term health improvements for your daughter.

I have a 5 year old, so I feel for you. It will all be worth it xxx

Thank you @Kimberleyski I'm really looking forward to the my new life :)

Wish I'd had it done when my boys where younger missed out on lots being overweight ... Now their 29 27 and 23 and I have my first grandchild on the way so I will be doing lots with him / her ....(my youngest has said how good I look as he's never seen me slim ) xxx (slimmer than I've ever been)

Hi everyone.
Soooo I'm at the hospital, waiting in the Admissions Lounge.
Just seen the surgeon and I should be in theatre for around 1pm.
OMG it's really happening!

Oooh, it really is happening! All the best and see you on the looser' bench real soon.

Ahhh the nerves! Roughly 4 hours to go.
I've just been weighed etc and came in at 141.7 kgs, down from 150.4 on the 24th May when I started LSD. So 8.7kgs in 17 days...

Thank you ladies. It's gonna be a long day :)

Ahhh the nerves! Roughly 4 hours to go.
I've just been weighed etc and came in at 141.7 kgs, down from 150.4 on the 24th May when I started LSD. So 8.7kgs in 17 days...

Isn't the LSD weight loss amazing?! For some of us who struggle to loose even 1lb at all it seems surreal lol ;)

Lol so true @naf! My scale showed me 142.4 when I checked before leaving home this morning so that was a pleasant surprise.

Back