• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date today!!! Bypass here I come... And then I was SLEEVED

Good god Lisa well done ! Isn't it a really good lift when you see results like that ? Makes it all worth while ..
Keep the momentum going
Xxxxx

First week of LSD and I'm down 4.5kg. My admission letter said I needed to lose 7-14kgs but as I had apparently gained 2 kgs since my last hospital weigh-in, I guess thats only 2.5kg off my 'official' target... So I've got another 5kgs minimum to shift in the next 2 weeks...
Well done. I'm supposed to have started today but had a wedding so I've failed miserably. I'm hoping tomoro will be better. Keep it up

you go girl, you can deffo do it !

Thanks @los in it :) I'll be going even harder this week. I feel like if I can lose that 5kg this week, especially by boosting my exercising then I can take it a wee bit easier and rest a little in the last few days leading up to surgery.

Good god Lisa well done ! Isn't it a really good lift when you see results like that ? Makes it all worth while ..
Keep the momentum going
Xxxxx

Thanks Mindy! It really makes it worthwhile:) and yes I'll be trying my best to keep it going... even harder. I just need to work on not jumping on the scale everyday. I think I'm getting obsessed lol.

Well done. I'm supposed to have started today but had a wedding so I've failed miserably. I'm hoping tomoro will be better. Keep it up

Thanks Sunshine, It WILL be better. Give it your best hon, it will all be worth it.

Does the hospital letter usually tell you to lose weight presurgery?

Yes Rose. Your team will need to see your head is in the zone and losing some weight shows commitment from you to your WLS journey. It is hard and there are instances where folks have 'failed' to lose the required amount which has delayed surgery. You will also probably be put on a Liver shrinking diet immediately before surgery - how long it will be for and what you will be allowed differs between teams (mine was 4 x WW soups, 4 x Muller Lights and 500ml of semi-skimmed milk ONLY every day for a month). Your body will go into Ketosis (ie burn the fat stocks you have built up) and you will therefore have a pretty good weight loss - we must stick to the LSD like glue as if the Liver has not shrunk sufficiently the surgeon may not be able to gain access to the area/s in question (the Liver sits in front of the stomach). Again, this could mean surgery is cancelled. Good luck, and I am genuinely excited for you and will make space on the losers' bench for you xxxx

Thanks @Lilacglittergirl It is hard sticking to the LSD but nothing worthwhile comes easily. I actually don't feel hungry much anymore and even when my tummy growls its not like before :) I'm fine to sit with others eating all the things that I normally love to eat and feel totally unbothered, all I do is imagine that slimmer frame that I haven't seen in 12-15 years and I'm good lol

How's it going @SUNSHINE? Hope you were ok on your first day xx

OMG Just had a call from Heartlands that they may be changing my surgery date to next Friday - so a week early! I may have to wait until Monday for them to confirm... I am an absolute nervous wreck. I know its unlikely but really hoping they'll get back to me today so I can know for sure aargghhhhh

Wow how exciting

How exciting Lisa! Let us know ... Fingers crossed. Btw, sounds like you are doing really well on the LSD and that you are mentally prepared for the tough journey ahead. But trust me, every step is sooooo worth it. It will be three years for me on 9 July and I feel fantastic xxx

@SUNSHINE Thanks and good going. All the best with yours too xx

@Rose2016 It is! And equally terrifying too:eek:
;)

@Lilacglittergirl Thank you and yes I think I'm doing ok - had a cheeky weight check this morning and have lost 6kg so far on LSD (after a slight stall earlier this week)
You look amazing and I know its different for everyone but I'm really hoping to have such a good experience. Its fantastic that you're maintaining so well too:)
:)

Thanks hun! It's a tool, and how you use it (ie the WLS) is down to the owner. It sure ain't a magic wand! I have not gone through all this to throw it away by reverting to a diet of foods which following my bypass will make me extremely unwell and in quantities which will cause me physical discomfort bordering on pain xx

Two weeks into LSD and I'm down 6.4kg.
After losing 4.5kg in the first week, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed that I couldn't match that in the second week but at a minimum I have until Thursday to lose another couple of kgs.
I'm still waiting to hear back from the hospital about whether they'll be moving my surgery date to this weekend or not. Trying to keep busy and not think about it, but that's not working! lol
Guess I better go for a walk...

Two weeks into LSD and I'm down 6.4kg.
After losing 4.5kg in the first week, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed that I couldn't match that in the second week but at a minimum I have until Thursday to lose another couple of kgs.
I'm still waiting to hear back from the hospital about whether they'll be moving my surgery date to this weekend or not. Trying to keep busy and not think about it, but that's not working! lol
Guess I better go for a walk...
6.4 kgs is lot. You have done well. Just keep at it.

You are doing great :)

Back