• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got My Operation Date

BigDave99

a second chance at life
So very happy this has been a very long road but the last few weeks have been great and once you are in the system things certainly move fast.

Started a diet 3 weeks ago and following meeting this evening with my Consultant I have lost 17lbs, and he has given me a date of 22nd August for my bypass. Wow is this actually going to happen.

Between now and the 22nd I have to hit the liver reducing diet plan as hard as i can, so could do with any tips you post opp's can give me.

Good luck everybody. All the best.

BigDave

thats fantastic news dave

Wow Dave how exciting. Good luck with the milk diet, although i love milk i am really not looking forward to having to try and do the milk diet for 2 weeks wen i finally get a date. I hope it all goes well.xxxx

Well done! See you on the losers bench soon!!! Which liver diet are you doing? X

So very happy this has been a very long road but the last few weeks have been great and once you are in the system things certainly move fast.

Started a diet 3 weeks ago and following meeting this evening with my Consultant I have lost 17lbs, and he has given me a date of 22nd August for my bypass. Wow is this actually going to happen.

Between now and the 22nd I have to hit the liver reducing diet plan as hard as i can, so could do with any tips you post opp's can give me.

Good luck everybody. All the best.

BigDave

Hi Dave great news on getting your date, i sarted my preop diet on monday and lost 5 pounds :) its though but worth it only tip i have is to drink plenty of water 2litres a day, good luck x

Hi Dave great news on getting your date, i sarted my preop diet on monday and lost 5 pounds :) its though but worth it only tip i have is to drink plenty of water 2litres a day, good luck x

Thanks Louise
Yes you are on the money with that, lots of water is the key.
When is your operation date.

BigDave

Congratulations, Karen x

That's fantastic news, so pleased for you, good luck with the diet, its easy to stick to knowing how much its going to help during the op. I was warned that my surgeon had abandoned patients on the operating table if he could see their liver hadn't shrunk, that was incentive enough for me!

awhhh the lovely liver reducing diet..i know it well... the diet will be easier if you can get your hands on some sugar free crusha... i went to 4 different shops before i could find any,and when i did i could only find strawberry, but oh how nice it was.... life is allot easier if you have either a blender or smoothie maker, make up the crusha as normal and then put it into the blender for a nice frothy smooth treat... or a nice hot milky coffee, microwave a 3/4cup of your fav coffee, put that into a blender, with your sweetener and coffee and blend away... tastes like a frothy coffee... or a banana/milk smoothie, or a banana/strawberry/milk smoothie.... the list is endless, but for me my smoothie maker was a big aid in sticking to my milk diet 100% ...........and congrats on getting your date!! i bet you cant wait.... cant wait to here more of your successes!! xx

congrats on the date and goodluck with the pre op! I did the milk diet so milk, yoghurt and fruit is all i was allowed. make sure you stick to the pre op and drink plenty fluid. x

Back