• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Beyond Bummed out!!

Hahahaha thanks :D

Don't give up! Decision makers have been known to change a decision.

I was originally turned down by my PCT. I immediately called the funding manager and asked for clarification. I then wrote them a letter with my recent dieting history and lifestyle changes with evidence and they overturned their original decision.

I would request a copy of the funding application (I was surprised when I saw what the hospital sent to the PCT-it was a couple of sentences), just to double check the facts are correct and everything you wanted the funding decision markers to know was included.

If there was a named person on the letter I would advise speaking to them, it is easy turn down a request from a faceless person without a voice but once they decision makers know who you are and you have added a human element to the application it may make a difference.

After I wrote the letter I rang the funding manager (after a nail biting month waiting) and she said that during the panel meeting she mentioned that I had called and told her colleagues how committed I appeared.

I know we are from different PCT's but it may be worth a shot. Good luck.

Ok, so I am on day 8 of "Operation Eat everything in site" I feel like crap. Don't get me wrong, I obviously make poor eating choices which is why I am a fatty. But, trying to gain weight is harder then I thought. I feel sluggish and sick. I do eat a lot, but my weight has always been because of the volume of nice food. Not necessarily stuffing myself with crap. My skin looks awful, I just generally feel rubbish. It makes me so angry that I am doing something so utterly unhealthy so the NHS will let me do something that will help me get healthy. It boggles the mind!!!! When I see the doc again on the 28th I may tell him to :kissass: if he doesn't agree to support an appeal. I thought I could gain five pounds really quickly, not so straightforward. Plus I think I am going to end up with co-morbidities. lol

Stick with it....when you get your referral it will all be worth it.

Sending you huge hugs :)

Thanks Sarah, that's what I keep telling myself! Another week should do it with the gain. Last I checked I had gained just under 2 so should be fine b the 28th. Its just so crazy gaining to lose...LOL:p

Melissa, did your doctor arrange for you to be tested for co-morbids? Have you had the full range of bloods taken? bp taken? What exactly did he put in his letter to them? you should be able to request a copy.
Isn't it bad that you have to gain weight to get wls? I thought it was ridiculous to expect me to lose 3st before I was accepted but to have to GAIN!!!! btw, I have gained 6LB this week!! Typical! Now I have to lose it again. (been on holiday, thought I was being good too! )
I really hope you are luckier this time. Take care x xx

Thanks Marie, I have been ill so not been on for awhile. My gp is a lazy you know what. Checked for nothing. Basically, the consultation started promising with him writing down my other health issues. I could see him getting bored. He chucked the paper in the bin and asked how long I thought it would take to gain the weight. I asked about blood work. He fobbed me off and said. Verbatim "I know this is the worst advice I should ever give you, but I think your best chance is surgery and your only chance of approval is a bmi of 50."

So, here I am waiting for the big appointment on Wednesday to see if I make the weight. I will spare you the details of how i have made the weight. Lol

Next week I am on holiday so hopefully I will return to find a nice letter from the pct. "Congratulations you are ginormous enough to qualify for surgery "

Okay, well saw the doc again. I lost a stone!!! WTF!! I had an unfortunate case of gastroenteritis which screwed up everything. But, this whole thing is ridiculous. I feel like giving up, he isn't willing to pick up his pen unless I fully meet the criteria. I am at the end of my tether. Maybe it's just not meant to be. Thinking about going back to Cambridge diet...UGH!!!

Back