• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got surgery date, can't believe so soon!!!

mosher.mum

Six Month Post Op
:eek: Earlier today I had a phone call from the Spire Regency to tell me a date had been arranged for my bypass surgery. It is scheduled for 25th March. I don't know how I managed to keep calm on the phone but as soon as I put it down I could hardly breathe.
I have been waiting for a letter and didn't expect the phone call at all so I am in total shock. :bliss:
I've been given two dates for pre ops.
I know from avidly reading many, many posts what to expect but it still feels really surreal.
I guess the thing that many, including myself, worry about is that you may not actually wake up after the op.:badmood:
No one can do or say anything about that and we just have to put ourselves in the hands of the surgeons. Another reason to convince those that think we are taking the easy option that we very much are not!!!
So I really need some more reassurance.
Thanks.

That's great news....I personally dont see any point in worrying about not waking up because if the worse does happen you wont know anything about it....take this chance with both hands to extend your life expectancy because you may never get the chance again...I dont regret it for one single minute....xx

Thanks Charliegirl, that is my philosophy too. I wonn'y know anything about it if I don't wake up and if I don't have the op my quality of life will plummet, so, of course, I really can't wait to get it over and done with but you wouldn't be human if you didn't worry a bit!!!
And then you have other people questioning you and mothers, kids and husbands worrying too.
I think we all know it's for the best.

Congrats on getting your op date, i'm waiting to go there too:DWhen did you have your first consultation, and which surgeon you having?:D

Hi there congrats on getting your op dates, and yup nice and fast so not too much waiting for it to some around. What pre op diet are you going to do, has that been discussed with you yet?

Thats great new Mosher! Time will fly by now!

You know I had my surgery there, it was a great place, I woke up after lol and my stats speak for themselves :D

Thanks for all replies.
Shelbel I must have read your bypass diary a dozen times thank you.

Candie, I had my first consult with Mr. Agwunobi on 13th Feb and I have been waiting for a letter but got a phone call last Thursday morning with pre op dates and surgery dates,,,,so I have been in a state of shock all weekend.

Luckily I have been preoccupied with moving my 20 year old baby boy into a flat in Manchester so haven't had much time to ponder!!!!

Hiya Tendersage, the pre op diet hasn't been mentioned yet but I am due back at hospital on 10th March so will know then.

I think he does the 800cal one I was first given, as I remember the dietician saying that was the one the other surgeons used ;)

I think he does the 800cal one I was given, as the dietician said the other surgeons used that one, it was just Mr Brough who used a soup and bovril one.

OMG I can't believe you have a date so soon :eek::eek::eek:I saw Mr Brough there in Dec and am prob having my op in Apr.I wonder if he has a longer waiting list?:(:(

Back