• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Guess i wait a little longer....

Badgerpink

So here's me thinking my doc referred me 10 weeks ago and she hasn't she is still waiting for information from my dietician who has discharged me as I spent 6 months under her and gained 2 pound. I'm really fed up as I was excited for the post every morning. Oh well wait again ?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

oh honey i know how that feels :(
i used to chase the postman up the road :bliss::bliss: poor man lol
all you can do is ride it out im afraid :(
i know its hard but you will get there in the end, good luck :) xxx

Aww I'm sorry hun and I can totally sympathise with you. I should of had my surgery by dec 2011 but the hospital said I got lost in the system and they only remembered me when my doctor sent another request for WLS. Went to see the surgeon in July who said I would have the op by nov/dec possibly earlier but have heard nothing soooo I'm waiting too. Lets hope we don't have to wait to long :)

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I would have been in the system earlier, if my doctor had not referred me to the wrong person. He referred me to the surgeon directly, where as here, you have to go through a weight loss team first.

Yes this process really does test your patience at times :-((. My advice is do not give up and keep pushing to get what you want - you will get there in the end. I became a 'Sleevie' on 23rd August this year and started the process off with my doctor early Jan 2011 - at times I felt like I was going to miss out ESP when the funding restrictions kicked in. Hang in there gal:))

JenniJJ said:
Yes this process really does test your patience at times :-((. My advice is do not give up and keep pushing to get what you want - you will get there in the end. I became a 'Sleevie' on 23rd August this year and started the process off with my doctor early Jan 2011 - at times I felt like I was going to miss out ESP when the funding restrictions kicked in. Hang in there gal:))

I know a lengthy journey but one worthwhile
:)

Hope u get somewhere soon! I was first referred to a weight loss programme in march 2011 and for op beginning of year. Still a pre opper but not for much longer...keep end goal in sight and I do hope you hear very soon. Xx

I've kinda put all the waiting for news on a back burner now and using this extra time to read more on the surgery and mentally prepare myself. With a bmi of 59.6 atm I am hoping I will get the go ahead. Hope it all happens very soon for all of you who are waiting x

Oh how annoying ... I hope you'll hear back very, very soon. I know how it is to have to wait ... my appointment for tomorrow has been cancelled. These things seem to want to test our patience. Don't give up X

Hi. New on here today. Had my band removed last year due to slippage, I had this done privately. I have been seeing the consultant Mr Harris on NHS. He told me to see my gp to get a referral for a gastric sleeve alongside a hernia repair which I need doing. Got referral off Gp no problem. Got my appointment with consultant next week for Hernia Repair and gastric sleeve. All done ..... What is the next step. Please help as I'm dented and just cannot find how the system works when approached from my angle. I am now an NHS patient. Any help appreciated. Jo

jo.68 said:
Hi. New on here today. Had my band removed last year due to slippage, I had this done privately. I have been seeing the consultant Mr Harris on NHS. He told me to see my gp to get a referral for a gastric sleeve alongside a hernia repair which I need doing. Got referral off Gp no problem. Got my appointment with consultant next week for Hernia Repair and gastric sleeve. All done ..... What is the next step. Please help as I'm dented and just cannot find how the system works when approached from my angle. I am now an NHS patient. Any help appreciated. Jo

I'm not sure but I think it's all a waiting game on the nhs it might help finding someone from the same area or hospital you have been referred to. Hope you get some answers x

Badgerpink said:
I'm not sure but I think it's all a waiting game on the nhs it might help finding someone from the same area or hospital you have been referred to. Hope you get some answers x

Thanks so much. Got my appt to see surgeon on Wed do fingers crossed xxx

Please don't give up. My sister was banded the same time as me and now she looks amazing. Just keep at it. It's do worth it xxx

I will keep at it I want this more than anything. I'm watching what I eat now changing the routine and making positive food choices. It's really hard as my hubby is big and has no desire to lose he loves food. But I am definitely in the right mindset . The wait is going to be worth every second xx hope every ones wait is short and we will swiftly be on the other side soon xx

Hope u hear soon Badger, im a year and a half from referal to op date (hopefully, been cancelled once due to illness) however its only 5 weeks between original date (25th October) to new days (29th November), however i do think that is because i rang everyday untill they gave me a new date hahaha
Vikki X

Back