• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Guess i wait a little longer....

So here's me thinking my doc referred me 10 weeks ago and she hasn't she is still waiting for information from my dietician who has discharged me as I spent 6 months under her and gained 2 pound. I'm really fed up as I was excited for the post every morning. Oh well wait again ?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery
That is terrible. Hang in there and keep pushing for what you want. Good luck x

Hi rudders,I chose the bypass as I have a sweet tooth,as for the time scale it's felt long but in reality it has been quick,I got funding in July,met surgeon 7th sept,and had pre op 22nd November and I have my op tomorrow 29th November,so hopfully won't be long wait for you to,if you have any other questions,feel free to ask,chillie.

Wishing yoy all the very best for tomorrow Chillie and Vikki You must be a bundle of scared excited nerves. Keep us posted.
Xxx
Rudders

You too hon, we will be :) am more nervous now i have done my night before pre op meds lol how are u feelin?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using WLSurgery

Badgerpink said:
So here's me thinking my doc referred me 10 weeks ago and she hasn't she is still waiting for information from my dietician who has discharged me as I spent 6 months under her and gained 2 pound. I'm really fed up as I was excited for the post every morning. Oh well wait again ?

Do not underestimate the time you need to prepare mentally for this operation. I had four days notice and was one of quickest in Bradford (about six months referral to op) but I now know how vital mental preparation was and I missed out on it. It seems hard but spend this time really trying to change your eating habits a little, see a clinical psychologist if you can too. It will happen when it is meant to <3

Lee 77 said:
Why too fast..??

In hindsight, the mental preparation was necessary and I didn't really have time. I had four days to come to terms with such a huge transition.

Iv been mentally preparing for this for 7 years iv backed out of asking for a referral quite a few times 6 to be exact . I know no matter how long is wait it would be a shock to the system . I'm also aware of a lengthy waiting list at derby so there is very minimal chance of being rushed into anything.

Badgerpink said:
Iv been mentally preparing for this for 7 years iv backed out of asking for a referral quite a few times 6 to be exact . I know no matter how long is wait it would be a shock to the system . I'm also aware of a lengthy waiting list at derby so there is very minimal chance of being rushed into anything.

Exactly - so use the time as wisely as you possibly can.

And guess what ??? i rang derby royal today just to check if they have received my referral and..... No no they haven't so even more waiting . So frustrated and down twice iv been sooo patient to find I have been waiting for nothing sorry had to winge ?. I wouldn't mind waiting, knowing I've been acknowledge but to be patient and leaving them to it and it not coming to anything is heartbreaking.

And guess what ??? i rang derby royal today just to check if they have received my referral and..... No no they haven't so even more waiting . So frustrated and down twice iv been sooo patient to find I have been waiting for nothing sorry had to winge ?. I wouldn't mind waiting, knowing I've been acknowledge but to be patient and leaving them to it and it not coming to anything is heartbreaking.

I would suggest speaking with PALS, and then with their help raising a grievance . This happened to me four years ago - only by the time I realised they had stop referring! It was only because I moved that I was able to then try again and luckily was successful.

Don't just let it go - I had to fight for my surgery and it is a long, hard battle at times but you can do it :) Do try PALS x

Back