• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Guess i wait a little longer....

Not heard of PALS what does that stand for please?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It is (I think) the Patient Advisory liaison Service - if you ring your doctors they should give you their number. They kind of act as a go-between with public and NHS services and help with complaints. They are brilliant - very patient focused.

Is it your GP who has not sent the referral off? For me I had to pester and really assert myself with my GP and then the waiting list office. In the end I wrote directly to the surgeon asking him to help me and explaining why. It worked.

You can actually apply for funding yourself directly to the PCT - but it is much more likely to be successful of you do it through the doctor.

It is (I think) the Patient Advisory liaison Service - if you ring your doctors they should give you their number. They kind of act as a go-between with public and NHS services and help with complaints. They are brilliant - very patient focused.

Is it your GP who has not sent the referral off? For me I had to pester and really assert myself with my GP and then the waiting list office. In the end I wrote directly to the surgeon asking him to help me and explaining why. It worked.

You can actually apply for funding yourself directly to the PCT - but it is much more likely to be successful of you do it through the doctor.
Thanks will give that a try after Xmas, when I called derby today they just said they haven't received . So I called the my GP surgery and they said it was sent on the 9th of November and the were going to call them and fax and send another hard copy straight away. So hopefully they have it now. But I will chase up but I hate pestering I don't seem to have a voice that's ever heard tut. Thanks for your help xx

Thanks will give that a try after Xmas, when I called derby today they just said they haven't received . So I called the my GP surgery and they said it was sent on the 9th of November and the were going to call them and fax and send another hard copy straight away. So hopefully they have it now. But I will chase up but I hate pestering I don't seem to have a voice that's ever heard tut. Thanks for your help xx

Ring enough and they will listen ;) I never would have got my surgery without chirping constantly :)

Hi I also called my PCT to chase and they said they not had it. So I also chased my GP that said they'd sent it. Turns out I was calling wrong part of PCT. I live in bexley but the trust decision was made in Lambeth.... Might be worth checking where it was sent to x

Just a update I got a letter saying there's a 13 week wait for appointments so hopefully should get one by mid march , at least the balls now rolling ?

Back