• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gutted & disgusted with myself......

J-Mo

Decided to go on wii fit as not been on for a while & find that I've put on 18lb since 19th May...........

I've let my family, friends & even myself down... I'm desperate for my bypass yet I've gained this weight. I'm an absolute disgrace.

Well that's it, I must hammer my diet & exercise. I'm sooo ashamed.:cry::cry:
:sigh:

ooo j mo... your not a disgrace sweetpea, dust yourself off and your now on the right track hey! fresh new day tomorrow your only human, and we all fall of the bandwagon, i take it you still kept off your wl target?... have you?... if not dont panic we'll do it together, i do a weigh in with bev every sat morning why dont you join us?... pick up some tips from everyone with there diets etc

dont feel like a disgrace sweetpea, your family and friends will be so proud of you heading in the right direction for becoming a new you and im sure will put you stright if they even heard you saying that..

chin up your doing well babe xxx

Aww dont feel too bad, its because of our tendencies to gain weight that we have had/going to have weight loss surgery.
Good idea to get on with the exercise etc but please dont feel so badly about the weight going on, it will come back off xx
Steph xx

Dont be ashamed hun.......your human and you havnt let anyone down. You know that your not happy with the weight you have gained and you also know you are a 1st class dieter! None of us have got to this stage in our lives without trying every diet known to man, so........ you know you can loose the weight again :D It wont be easy, but nothing in this life worth having ever is....and in the long run it will be worth it as you will be getting your surgery :D Chin up hun X :D

Thanks Kelly, its just I know I'm soooo lucky to be getting this on NHS. I can see my chance of a bypass slipping thru my fingers 'cos I'm a lazy greedy fat pig with no willpower..........

Sorry for my rant!!! I'm off now to get on my treadmill

jmo! thats very harsh on yourself consider yourself told :)

keep doing what your doing and you ll get there! xxx

Don't be so hard on yourself J-Mo, you are human like us all and if it was easy to lose weight then none of us would be here or have to have the operation. The important thing is you are aware of it and have an action plan. Good luck x

i very much agree with you there hun x

J-Mo... hang onto us... I hang onto Kelly on a Saturday... we weigh in and it really helps... keeps me on track...plus we keep up pretty much regularly with what we have eaten in the day and exercise we try to do...

It's funny, my wii machine weighs me heavier than the scales... can depend also from machine to machine...

Get a plan going and if I can help you in any way, just say... we are going to do this together... it's not easy... but we have each other to kick butts when we need it...

Hope this coming week is a good week and hoping you can work out the best way for you...

Loads of love and hugs... it's happened to me so many times before... know how it feels... but you can turn this around...

Thinking of you love xxx

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I just don't deserve them, I know I've not been exercising how I should due to being in pain after my ruptured ovarian cyst but that's still no excuse for a 18lb weight gain in 4 months.

I've had 20mins on my wii fit & 10mins on my treadmill. I know thats not good but its a start. I'm going to diet & increase my exercise starting tomorrow. My bike is going to get an outing too, weather permitting.

Thanks again everyone. I need a good hard slap!!!!!

No..........you need a massive big hug :D Theres enough people out there who will be more than happy to put you down but none of us........we will support you as you support us :D x

Thanks Jacqui!!

I also think I need to invest in some decent scales. Don't get me wrong I know I've put on weight but don't think my wii fit is that accurate. I did my exercises then weight myself again on it & it said I lost 1lb. Not bad in an hour so hopefully I be back down to what I was in 17 hours, ha, ha!!! If only,

My fella weighed himself before we exercised the after & he'd lost 2stone!!!?????

I had the weight watcher scales for a gift recently, they were around £15 and work well...
Most scales vary with where you put them...
Keep positive, you'll do it! xxx

J-Mo
please dont be harsh on yourself, you are human, i know exactly how you feel, but it really is nothing that cannot be fixed hun, like everyone says, think of all of us behind you and wishing you nothing but the best, if you are feeling rubbish, come on here for a moan, we will do our best to spur you on and to keep pushing up hill
big hugs
xxx

Aww try to stay positive sweety. I can really feel for you. Its so easy to put it on and hard to get and keep it off. Chin up and like you said start again tomorrow. Im trying to lose about 10 pounds in the next week and half before my pre op. I feel like crying for all of us waiting for wls because its heatbreaking at times. Stay strong you will succeed x

J-Mo? why are you disgusted and ashamed? So you've put on just over a stone in 4 months. Most of us are in that club! Whether we'd have had the balls to tell everyone is another thing!

I'm not commending you for gaining weight but i'm not beating you up either for being human. I'm congratulating you on telling us all when you could have just not mentioned it......

As for diet? Get back on your healthy living, not diet unless you've got a weight loss target you need to achieve for your surgeon. Post operatively you will have to follow a healthier lifestyle with a bit of normality thrown in, but you will still be, as you are now, a human xxxx

Good luck with the exercise J-Mo xxx

Thanks Jacqui!!

I also think I need to invest in some decent scales. Don't get me wrong I know I've put on weight but don't think my wii fit is that accurate. I did my exercises then weight myself again on it & it said I lost 1lb. Not bad in an hour so hopefully I be back down to what I was in 17 hours, ha, ha!!! If only,

My fella weighed himself before we exercised the after & he'd lost 2stone!!!?????
J-Mo, please, please try to stop the nasty self-talk. Calling yourself bad names is probably something from your past but it doesn't need to be your present or your future. Instead of being so cruel to yourself, congratulate yourself on doing so well, on realising that things have slipped, and on deciding to make the changes. Be nice to you! Then make a plan for healthy eating which will enable you to lose that weight.
Have you lost your target weight? That is the most important thing with your surgery date coming nearer.
I like to go to Boots to get weighed as I know their scales are accurate.
Sending much love and hugs and encouragement. xxx

dont be so hard on yourself love - i was the extact same a couple of weeks ago, and i started the slim fast so i can have some fast weight loss b4 my next apointment - chin up love... maybe do the saturday weigh ins with kelly and bev - i think i mite join them too on that! You Can Do This, xxxxxxx

ooo yay keeley the more the merrier i say :)

Try not to let it get to you J-Mo, we`ve all got this problem thats why were on here now. We have been dieting for years, 2 steps forward 3 steps back; but in the end we now know that once we have surgery we are finally take control of our lives.

We know it ain`t going to be easy but it will help us with our appetite and hopefully our lives will all be happy again.

Sometimes I don`t go out when I`m so down with my self I don`t want to see or speak to anyone; it seems crazy to admit it but I just hate the way I am.
Finally after years of putting weight on and suffering health/pain problems, I decided surgery might be the only way for me to change my life round.

So believe me J-Mo your no different to us; you got to get back into your dieting routine and excercise and look to the future.

Love and Hugs

Kat

Back