• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Guy here

got my appointment coming up! Im seeing Mr Pollard at the Spire in Leeds on tuesday. In the letter they said they think a surgery date will be avaliable very soon so I should be ready a few weeks after!
Did a bit of reading and he sounds like he know his stuff! Any of you heard of him??

Not heard of him but wanted to say good luck for tuesday! getting close now!

Hi James

Lots of people on another wls site have had Mr Pollard as there surgeon and they all think he's wonderful so he must be doing something right.

Good luck with your appt and forthcoming surgery xxx

of course you are, if you weren't that would make you very strange!

i found that once I started the pre-op diet my nerves decreased and on the day I ended up quite serene!

hi everyone! i Saw Mr Pollard yesturday and have a date for the op, 9th of september! He was really nice and explained everything about the bypass etc.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

You need a countdown ticker now................. So pleased for you...........we are all here to support you

Wow how exciting for you James! Not long at all to wait!

Good luck, and as Mandy said, we are all here to help and support...

Alice xxx

Great news James :D Won't be long now!

Hi James,
Welcome to this great site, it's full of helpful advice. and caring people, I have just been awarded funding for a FTT on 2 medical grounds under the NHS but I had to fight for it, I'm unsure of what the guidelines are for gastric surgery but there's one lady and I think it's Starry who has just been given gastric funding, it maybe well worth pm her as she will know alot more than me. Remember that you can always appeal a ruling if the PCT refuse funding which I hope they won't and I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.
Take care
Trina xxxx

Great news on the op date James, you'll soon be on the losing side, well done hun xxx

thanks everyone! Im sure the funding must have been approved as Mr Pollard said it was at the consultation.
Im going in monday and having the opp on the tuesday, its at the Spire Hospital in Leeds.

Hi James,

Just been reading you saw Dr Pollard and have you surgery date. That's wonderful!

What is Dr Pollard like? I'm going to see him on September 1st. Did he give you a surgery date on the same day as your appointment with him?
Do you have any links to any websites where there is information on him i could look at please?

Hope you're well

Wobbles

PS tried to send a PM to you, but it won't let me.

Good luck James, and congrats on your date!

Wobbles - you can't pm James until his PM function is unlocked at 50 posts - that may explain that mystery for you x

Hi James,
Welcome to this great site, it's full of helpful advice. and caring people, I have just been awarded funding for a FTT on 2 medical grounds under the NHS but I had to fight for it, I'm unsure of what the guidelines are for gastric surgery but there's one lady and I think it's Starry who has just been given gastric funding, it maybe well worth pm her as she will know alot more than me. Remember that you can always appeal a ruling if the PCT refuse funding which I hope they won't and I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.
Take care
Trina xxxx

Hi James,
I'm sorry for his post but I must of have a total brain failure as I meant to post his to someone else I think dohhhhhh:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: me.
Congratulatons on your op, we are on the same date but for different ops mines a FTT with MR. I bet you can't wait, you'll be starting your pre-op soon?
Take care
Trina xxx

Hi
My funding took 10 weeks from seeing my GP to hearing funding was OK.
But they lost me and it all had to be done again so I think that is quite a long wait
Good Luck
Liz
x

Hi and welcome to the site. I went to my Gp just before xmas and had my initial appointment in april. My pre op was on the 16th May and i had the bypass done on the 22nd May. have to say the whole process was quicker than i thought. Hope you hear some news soon x

Back