• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Guy here

good luck with the pre-op James, the first couple of days are the hardest but drink loads of water and it will make it easier. let us know how you do xx

i was referred last october got funding in march then had consultation being banded on the 6th sept i also started my pre op diet today good luck hope it goes well

good luck James! Looking forward to hearing your story when you come out the other side :D

Hello everyone! Sorry was not felling well before after 2 hour car trip!

Hospital was very nice, it was the Spire in Leeds and went in monday night.
Woke up on tuesday and had a chat and exchanged numbers with a women who was having the op before me on the same day!
Became very scared and was shaking so much in the theater that they had to hold my arms down!
Woke up in recovery and was in alot of pain, morphine drip was not working for 1st hour and half! Was in IC until wedsday morning (normal time) and then wheeled off to my room.
Wednesday I had the tube from my nose out (yuck!!!) and felt depressed and was very sore.
Thursday I felt much better after having a walk around and then getting the cathater and drain out. Later on in the evening the drip came out too and had some clear soup! Only managed a few sips though!
Today i had about 5 teaspoons of yogurt in the morning followed by about 4 teaspoons of mash and cheese for lunch.
Set off home at about 3 and got back 5!

Feeling much better not but tummy is sore and am finding it hard to drink loads! Am also scared of eating at the mo but going to have some soup later.
I am so glad that its over now though and i can start too look ahead! Just a bit scared that my staples will pop off and tum open but have been told there is very little chance!

Just a quick question, how long until moving is more painfree?

Hi cannot answer your question as I have not had surgery yet, glad your back safe and well and look forward to hearing your progress.....Linda x

Hi James, glad you're home. I was down to just being uncomfortable after a couple of days. I found that having the staples out helped loads!

Hi James glad it all went well. I found that after about a week i was moving around alot easier. Di get tummy ache though after most things i ate for a few weeks. Just take things easy and don't overdo it. You will start to see the positive results quickly. welcome to the losing side your long and exciting journey has started x

had my staples out today! Was terrified that my tum was going ot burst open but...it didnt!
Feeling alot better with them out now and the weight seems to be dropping off. Havent weighed myself (going to wait 6 weeks) but have lost 4 inch of waist!

it's much more comfortable without the staples James, I found I could move about much easier after mine came out! Sounds like you're doing really well :D

OMG, that is fantastic weight loss. You must be so happy to see that kind of result. Good on you! Take good care of yourself and keep up the good work.:D

Back