• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had operation saturday

Cazraline

Hi I'm Caroline, I got back home yesterday after coming out of theatre for a gastric band at 5pm Saturday.

So far my stomach is pretty sore, getting in and out of bed is really tricky and I have had some shoulder discomfort.

I just wanted to say hello and ask what to expect, does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi I'm Caroline, I got back home yesterday after coming out of theatre for a gastric band at 5pm Saturday.

Hi Caz and welcome, congratulations on your recent banding x

So far my stomach is pretty sore, getting in and out of bed is really tricky and I have had some shoulder discomfort.

The shoulder pain is gas pain from being inflated with air during the op and movement is the best thing to disperse this as just sitting can make it worse, try and have a little walk if possible x

I just wanted to say hello and ask what to expect, does anyone have any suggestions?

Small walks even pottering around the house will help, gripe water or peppermint capsuals can also help with the wind pains, each day will feel better.

Liz x

Hi and welcome to WLS, I cant really help with what to expect as Im a bypasser but the shoulder pain sounds like wind....try moving about as much as you can and try Deflatine if it carries on. Hope you carry on recovering well XX

Good luck precious and every good wish to you on your wls.

Love and hugs xxx

Thank you guys!

I'm so nervous about waiting for my first fill, I hear it can be a tough time :-(

Some people make it out to be tough but in my opinion its no worse than when you have blood taken, problems can occur occasionly if the port has moved or flipped over other wise its pretty straight forward to do x

Hello and welcome to the site. I had a gastric bypass but Neen and Liz are well informed re the band. There are quite a lot of other banders on here too. Just wanted to say hello. I agree with the others re the wind. As well as the remedies they've suggested I also found peppermint and lemon and ginger herbal teas were also helpful.

Hi

I haven't found the fills to be painful or difficult - just time consuming - as at Salford they do them under x-ray.

Good luck with your journey.

W

Hi Caroline, Congrats on your band! I had mine done a week and a half ago. The first two days I was pretty sore and having a lot of wind pain. Like everyone says, try moving around, and little walks. By day three I was fine and very hungry! Day three and four, I was ravenous all day. Then that went to. Now I feel really good and can't wait to shift some weight!
Good luck
Love Karen xxx

Thank you everyone!

Hi Karen I'm really worried about being hungry before my first fill although so far I'm not hungry at all. Did you manage to stick with the liquid only diet?

Thanks

Hi Cazraline,
Welcome to the site, Congratulations on your surgery, Hope you are recovering well.
As a by-passer I can't really comment on some of your ailments, however I totally empathise with you about the shoulder pain. I had bad pains in both my shoulders after surgery (felt like the joints were worn out!) for about a week (one, then the other - almost like it was moving around) The usual reason for this is the carbon dioxide gas that they use to inflate your abdomen to carry out the surgery, they try to get most of it out but you frequently get some bubbles trapped which make their way to the highest point in your abdomen. It will disperse as quickly as it came, I took painkillers (paracetamol or co-codamol) which helped, but the advice on here is fabulous so it's worth trying anything - I wish I had found this site before my surgery (LOL) - Wishing you a speedy recovery. Matt x:D

P.S - I think I put this on the wrong thread - Sorry !

P.P.S - Just checked again and no I didn't - just a dippy moment - silly me ;oP

Back