• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

indigestion type pain

Hello,it could be wind ...it took me almost two weeks to feel better, what it worked for me was massage clockwise in my back and tummy to release the wind...try to drinks small sips of water to avoid to get sick ....

Does sound like trapped wind, try keep moving/walking as this helps this helps & I used gripe water also. Am sure other ppl will tell u wot helped 4 them as e1 is different xx

samvann said:
hi
can anyone help im 2nd day post op and ive had like indigestion type pain near breastbone since yesterday afternoon, its worrying me a bit cos now i cant drink much without feeling sick, although i havent been sick in fact i feel pretty shitty all round.

sam x :cry:

Hi sam
Yes it sounds like wind, rotate your arms and walk around your bedroom a bit, it will ease in a few days! moving about does help it to go in time. As for drinking I'll be honest you read on here about drinking x everyday but in my first few days out I listened to my body and if I didn't want anything I didn't have it. It really wasnt detrimental In my recovery. Think we get too hung up sometimes on sticking rigid..we aren't all the same xx

yeah sounds like trapped wind
walking up and down and making myself burp i found made things easier

thanx for replying everyone, i keep walking and throwing my arms around like a loony, it is moving a bit just not quick enough for me, ive never found it so hard to fart and burb lol.

still cant have any more than small sips of water but obviously my body doesnt need it or i would be able to drink more, today up to now had about 2 glasses of water through the day, three sips of tea, 2 sips of slimfast and that was awful, just worried about i am i getting enough nutrients and things i need in my body.

sam x

Hi

We had it done on the same day and I have the exact same feeling today as you.

I'm struggling to drink more than small mouthfuls because of the ingestion feeling. I'm sure maybe it's just bruising or maybe even restriction from the swelling around the band.

How are you feeling apart from that ?

I have not needed any painkillers today and been more mobile and to be honest walking normally:)

Hope you are doing ok too.

Mandiexx

hi mandie,

glad your feeling a little better, i too feel a bit better this morning, but still needing painkillers, they gave me calpol 6 plus which dosent do a thing and codiene phosphate 30mg which just takes the edge off.

can still only manage small sips of water and tea ( missing my huge cups of tea loads )

the indigestion pain is still there but has eased a bit and the wind is definatly coming out now lol.

have you felt hungry ?

anyway keep me informed on your progress cos its nice to know someone at the same stage as me.

sam x

Hi samvann have u tried soluble codene and paracetamol they work really well for me ,hope this helps and good luck x

Liquid paracetamol was enough for me but should start to go in the next few days x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi Sam

I slept well again last night apart from being a little scared of lying on my left hand side.

I can't decide silly as it sounds if I am hungry or just missing eating. I have been just having maybe one jelly and straining a vegetable broth and just having the liquid. A couple of yoghurts and that's it for the day. Can't say I'm starving at all but in a grazing kind of mindset lol.

How are you feeling? I still have the strange feeling in my chest when I drink almost like I'm full or bruised in my oesophagus ?? I dunno but ver strange.

NAND x

Lump in throat kind of feeling? Overgrown Adams apple? All normal xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Ha ha not mardi at all I started off with the para/cod mix then changed on to just paracetamol when I felt better xx

What bout some peppermint tea for the pain and discomfort of wind works atreat and soothes the tubes inside. xx

hi mandie,

im not to bad, still got a little wind in shoulder and neck, and still sore on left side, nurse took dressings off 2 days ago sent me home and 1 of them had come open ( they were glued) so back to docs to be patched up again, apart from that no problems.

definatly know when had too much i feel so full like ive been for a big fat carvery lol,
5 days post op i had lost 1st 6lb so very pleased with that.

anyway enough off me, how are you ?

hope your making a good recovery and feeling good.

sam x

Hi, please put my mind at rest! I had my band done Tuesday and came home yesterday morning, the pain is excruciating, I'm sure some of it is wind pain but I am chewing the wind tablets and have peppermint tea on route and some soluble co codamol en route too. I know I should be up walking about but it really hurts when I try to get up and when I am walking around the house I feel like my tummy is being squeezed and pulled down, luckily I live in a bungalow so no steps. I expected it to hurt but please put my mind at rest that you felt like that last week? I don't know if I should be resting because it's hurting or forcing myself to walk around to prevent DVT and shift the wind?? :-( ouch ouch ouch. X

hi lolalou,

bless you, the wind was the most painful bit for me, i kept walking and moving my arms about like eveyone told me on here, windsettlers helped me the most,

by day 2 i could feel the wind moving down my body it hurt like hell in bed at night,
end of the day you dont think its a big op but it really is a major op, it takes time to recover, im 8 days post op now and although i feel ok i am still in a little pain and still recovering.

hope this helps you a little bit and good luck with your recovery.

sam x

Back