• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Happy and scared !!

Paula Garner

After being on the waiting list for bypass surgery, then off again as Nottingham City PCT were messing about and not sending the funding across. I have finally been told that I am now back on the list, and back in my original place.

If all goes to plan I should be having my surgery in July. Now it's definite, I'm really happy as my new life is not that far away. On the other hand I am absolutely terrified. Is this normal ?? Did anyone else feel like this ?

Thats great news Paula, congratulations :) xxx

great news u got things sorted

Yup, yup I've waited 4 years to get my op date (well 2 from start to finish but the other years were wasted trying to find a Doctor to refer me for surgery)
Now my date is so near (24th May) I feel exactly like you and my appetite has plummeted! :D

Try not to worry your new life can't start till you've done this bit so the sooner it gets here the better. Great news though use this as your preparation time think about what you could do just before your op, fill your freezer, make meals you can just lift out like stew soup etc, liquidised so you know you are getting protein in. But fnd out whta you can have and go from there. xx

Good luck grace, I hope everything goes well for you. Thanks for the tips and advice. I would never have thought of that :)

I think I would prefer it if my surgery was sooner rather than later, as I would have less time to think about it and be scared.

Hi Paula,

I'm only 5 days post op (sleeve) but I know when I finally got the official letter confirming my date it all become a bit "real". Up until then it had been something I had longed for and dreamed of, but suddenly getting confirmation that you're on the surgery list does change your perspective.

Good luck with your journey !!

I'm already feeling nervous and I've only just got the date for my group session! But I'm super excited too :D
Lots of luck to you, can't wait to hear how you go on
Em xxxx

It's been about two years all told for me. Thanks guys for your words of encouragement and support, it means alot :)

Back