• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has Anyone Had Surgery with Dr Paul Super

vanilla-cupcake

After doing a bit more research on him, he didn't come across very well on any articles I read about him in the documentary 'The Hospital' on C4 (which I didn't see)

I have paid £500 up front to reserve a bed (there was only 1 left in june) and am panicking now incase I dont 'gel' with him when I meet him, my GP said to walk away if I dont feel a connection with him but I was afraid to tell my GP I paid some money upfront incase he got cross with me (has been my GP since I was a child and we get on extremely well)

Please let someone have some good words about him as im really starting to panic now :(

Last edited:
Hi was my surgeon. He was fantastic. I didn't have dressings and the scares are tiny and very neat. He did a fantastic job and to me that was all that mattered. He is one of the best in the country

Ignore any comments from people that saw the show as they have not met him or had experience of him as a surgeon. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but you are asking for people who have had him as a surgeon.

At the end of the day I don't care what is sad when I can't hear in surgery or otherwise. When you pay out your money you want the best. He is one of the best and carries out over 400 a month.

I have paid my provider (healthier weight) for the aftercare and support I need. I paid the surgeon to do the mechanics and nothing more.

THis is just my experience, but he was nothing like he came across on the program. Which was set up to show how teens abuse the NHS. It was not about WLS in general.

i watched the interview in the clip, (the 5 min one) he came accross as just honest to me.

i watched the interview in the clip, (the 5 min one) he came accross as just honest to me.

I thought so to, but he did come across differently on the programme.

If I was down to have an op with him I wouldn't let it put me off. As long as he does a good job thats all that would matter to me.

yep as long as he gives you a band. nothing else matters x

Hi he did a great job on me no stitches min scares stuck me with glue everyone in op room made me laugh before i went under i can not fault the whole team Mr super is one of the best i would not have had him if he was very nice to me and straight to the point.I would always recommend him .Good luck best wishes

Hi Wanna, at the end of the day it is better that he is a bloody good surgeon - and most people who have had him here have been delighted - than be the friendliest and most charming man ever with 2 shakey left hands !

I'm sure you'll be fine and the very very best of luck to you x

I have had surgery with Paul Super. He was fantastic. He was honest, professional and he saved my life (I had adhesions in my intestine and had to have a resection). The man does not have time to fool around in front of the camera to make himself likeable. Those who have had the pleasure to be treated by him will know what I'm talking about

He is very to the point, some people find him blunt, but he says exactly how it is and doesn't sugarcoat anything which I think is needed when we are making such decisions,
he fitted my band and to be honest I really liked him. He was certainly the most honest person I dealt with at Healthier Weight (my provider) and thankfully his surgery was better than their after care.

His scars are neat and tidy as he uses glue, and one thing that was absolutely essential for me due to my fear of GA was at the time he did mine he had a 0% mortality rate. Although my band has failed and I'm now going for revision bypass, that wasn't done to his surgery techniques but a poor product. I'd happily have surgery with him again

Back