• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have I blown it already?

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
:mad: Hi all, I'm absolutely mad with myself. It's day 4 of my 4 week liquid only pre-op diet and I've failed already. I was doing so well and for some reason tonight I ate 4 brazil nuts and a biscuit! I'm gutted. Totally disappointed with myself as I wasn't feeling hungry and felt so full of energy today that I thought the hard bit was over (those first few days...obviously I know there is a lot more harder times to come!).

Now I've put carbs and sugars in my body and will have to go through all the headaches and sick feelings all over again. And of course I'm really worried that my liver won't be small enough...I have 3 and half weeks till op.

Sorry to moan everyone...and sorry to be so pathetic. You guys have all been so strong and there's me not even sticking to the pre-op diet! I feel so ashamed. :ashamed0005:

It's not ideal Lisa but it's not the end of the world either so don't be too hard on yourself. Dust yourself down as tomorrows another day and try and stick to your diet as it will be soooooooooooo worth it, stay strong xxx

Hi Lisa
Don't beat yourself up 4 weeks on a liquid diet is very hard going without any surgery to help. That is why Mr Ammori does not put anyone on it so i was lucky! Today has been a blip and tomorrow is another day, if you think of what you used to eat against the calories you are having now you will be shrinking your liver, One or two bad days out of 4 weeks will not do any real damage, i admire everyone of you who manages this pre op diet. You stay strong Lisa and try not to worry xx

Hun I have text you! It's a blip. Start tomorrow as day one!!! I used the weight loss to keep me motivated! I lost about 16 pounds on my pre-op so was dead chuffed!! I'm already further along my little ticker than I thought I would be!!!

It is defo worth it!!! If you don't think you can stop yourself eating stuff like that at home then clear it all out!! Hopefully whoever you eat with will be supportive and not eat stuff in front of you anyway!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's hard but if you wake up after being under the anaesthetic and they haven't done anything and then tell you to lose 5 stone yourself, this was what my surgeon told me, would it all have been worth all this messing about?

Sorry, keep to the diet or lose the oppertunity!

You're absolutely right...I know that. I don't know what on earth possessed me to do it and I feel very guilty. :cry:

I feel for you Lisa, it must be soooo hard. Please dont be too hard on yourself tho, we are all only human. Like others have said, start tomorrow as a new day...new start....to the new you x

Hun I have text you! It's a blip. Start tomorrow as day one!!! I used the weight loss to keep me motivated! I lost about 16 pounds on my pre-op so was dead chuffed!! I'm already further along my little ticker than I thought I would be!!!

It is defo worth it!!! If you don't think you can stop yourself eating stuff like that at home then clear it all out!! Hopefully whoever you eat with will be supportive and not eat stuff in front of you anyway!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Ellen. I was so stupid. I knew Tom had bought the biscuits yesterday and tonight he went out (obviously I can't be left alone!)...I can't stop him having what he wants so I just have to stay focused.

Tomorrow is a new day...tomorrow is a new day...repeat...

ill tell u a secret! i did the milk diet to lose 5% to a tee never cheated once.. and the last time the 14 days one i done about 3 days all messed up.. i even ate the sunday before my op! my op on wed! dont worry my liver was tiny the doc said! try and stay on track now thou its better for u to not be worrying 'is my liver goin to be small enough' its a stessfull enough time as it is.. my little brother said to me the other day ( made me focus) dont quit.. quittings easy! his 15.. them words cut deep! and i didnt quit :) xx

Thanks Kirsty...your brother is a wise young man x

he is indeed! he has a big head thou so i wont tell him! his helped me loads thru this! he even comes gym with me.. must be embarrased with my fat bum taggin along with him and his friend but he still lets me.. im lucky everyones been so supportive. i thought this was goin to be much easier than it is! xx

Hiya Hun,

I know its hard, hey if it was'nt we would'nt be in this mess and doing what we are doing now. Take a deep breath and think about all the worry and upset you have gone through to get here. Be positive make your mind up not all of us get a second chance. You can do this and 3 and a half weeks is not a long time. Its all about positive thinking you can and will do this. Janey:D:D:D

he is indeed! he has a big head thou so i wont tell him! his helped me loads thru this! he even comes gym with me.. must be embarrased with my fat bum taggin along with him and his friend but he still lets me.. im lucky everyones been so supportive. i thought this was goin to be much easier than it is! xx

I think you mean your disappearing bum! x

I had a few moments of weakness during my pre op diet, especially when my op was cancelled due to the snow but try to get back on track as soon as possible. You don't want to blow it. The first thing I did when i came round was to ask how my liver was and apparently all was fine, which was thanks to the pre op diet. Plus I lost 9lbs so that was a bonus. Try to keep focused.

You've had some good advice. Don't beat yourself up, just get back on track. The first week is always difficult, just think of the prize you will get at the end of it. Good luck sweetie. xx

come on girl, you can do it!!! don't waste this opportunity because you'll never forgive yourself x

As others have said, don't beat yourself up about it, just get back on track again. It's a tough regime to follow and I'm not looking forward to it in the slightest. If I can manage 4 wks pre-op liquid diet without a single slip-up then it'll be a miracle! :eek:

Just one thought, glycogen levels are depleted faster with exercise, so might be worth upping any exercise you do, or starting some if you don't already, to ensure that liver is nice and small come surgery day. I know I'm going to get on that treadmill every day if it kills me (won't have much choice if son has anything to do with it :8855: )

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling much better today and got straight back on track. Been as good as gold! Weighed myself this morning and lost 6 lbs in 4 days so that's good too.

All your comments have been great. I've been thinking about them all day - the little quotes from people have popped up in my head and kept me strong. It's great to know there is so much support out there.

xx

Back