• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have you decided your ideal weight or the hospital?

callysplace

So while perusing folks threads and looking at all the lovely weight loss tickers that some of us have, I noticed that the weight loss target (bmi) changes from person to person, I myself want to get to just below 25 which takes me into the normal range (if there is such a thing) and if it goes lower well Whoopeee! but others have put bmi's as low as 22/23.

Now my question is this, have you all decided what your target weight should be or have you been advised that you will reach a certain weight by medical profesionals?

Are we setting ourselves realistic targets?

I haven't been advised owt but personally, I don't have high expectations or goals ... I just want to be low enough to not be in pain any more, to be able to go out without relying on a lift &, who knows, to get pregnant?!?!?

I think we are setting realistic goals, You can acheive anything if you put your heart into it.. Why acheive for a goal just because its what the doctor says, its a matter of what that person wants

I just worked out what a top end of normal BMI would be and put that in. For me, it's not about having the perfect BMI or being a size 8, it's about what weight I feel good at and I won't know that for sure until I get there :)

Hi,

I have set my own goal, I think as long as it is in the healthy range then there is no major problem. Mine is the mid range of a healthy BMI, and realistic. I will never be a twig, at 5'10" and I have a large frame, but if I can be below a BMI of 25 then I will be one happy girl:D My BMI goal is what I used to be:( and I looked good! The lighter I can get, the better it is on my joints!:rolleyes:

Take care,

Kel x

im with you kel and caroline the psycologist asked me the same question the other day and i said i would like to be within a healthy BMI. When i saw dr new he said that with the bypass i could expect to loose at least 70% of my excess weight. To get to a health BMI i need to loose 10 stone to get to 8.5 stone at 4ft 10 but i would be happy at about 10 stone which is what i was 20 yrs ago and a size 14/16

Actually, maybe I DO have high expectations/goals!!!??!

I dont think that you are setting unrealistic goals at all, Im with you I wanted to be able to walk without panting and no longer be in anymore back pain.

What I was a little concerned about is that I was told that I should be able to lose 80% of my excess weight within two years and thats what I put my goal at, now I have increased them a little to the bmi of 25 as the weight has come off quickly and easily, but If I only reach the 80% off I will be happy and not beat myself up about it.
I would be concerned if someone set themselves a goal and not be able to acheive it....I have done this on diets before and it lead to me going into self destruct mode, I definately dont want to put the pressure on myself to aim for a goal that my body aint going to do!

My goal probably seems a bit low to some folks, but I've already been that weight in the past and know what size I was then. My goal isn't the lightest I've been, as I know that although a BMI of over 18 is apparently ok, I'd rather not be less than 20.

I just dont want to be a teen any more!

As in nineTEEN stone, eighTEEN stone, etc.

I don't care if I end up being twelve stone thirteen pounds as long as the first number isn't a TEEN!!!

I have just had to complete my holiday rota for work for the year april 2009 to march 2010 (yes that far ahead) I have the chance to take the new year off and could fly to Warsaw to stay with my family for a lovely new year (I usually end up working if I stay in the UK). I have not done that for 14 years. I decided to book it and now have a target. Even if I dont get banding/bypass the lovely Dr New will help me shed the weight (I will cling on to his ankles and talk him to submission if he does not lol). When I arrived there last april and very elderly aunt who does not speak english made a gesture to let me know she was telling the others I had gained lots of weight. I want to shock to old biddy next time around....lol....Linda x

Sounds lovely Linda, great goal to aim for too!

Hi they set my goal going on a healthy BMI. have to say i think it's a bit low for me as i think they reckon about 9 stone!! (think i was that weight when i was born) x

hey blondie hows the film making going hun lmao, any goal for me is fine im just glad to have lost weight lol, hope to catch u soon hun xxx

Hi they set my goal going on a healthy BMI. have to say i think it's a bit low for me as i think they reckon about 9 stone!! (think i was that weight when i was born) x

lmao!!! I skipped single figures and went straight to the teens ! totaly with you that we should aim to a healthy bmi!

Back