• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having surgery at Sunderland Royal Hospital

The PALS email is [email protected] (on their website). I always asked for Mr M's PA but I dont think I ever actually spoke to her once. Got fed up of not getting anywhere on the phone with them.

My balloon was taken out in August 2012 - I've put on the weight that I lost since then because there's been no restriction for nearly 6 months.

Borogirl - get onto PALS tomorrow! If others have had their diet through the post and they're not having surgery til end May, etc, then you should definitely have had something by now. Fingers crossed for you!

Hi I don't think I can escalate until the 6 months has passed as this was the agreed time given. I always get through, ask for mr Smalls secretary. I think they share an office as when I ring the other guys secretary she can answer so I have been caught out! X

Hi everyone
This is my first post.I had my first appointment with a doctor and dietician last week at SRH and was told the endoscopy will be in 3 months and the bypass in 6 months as long as I lose the weight they have specified by the time of the endoscopy. I was also told an additional surgeon was being recruited to help deal with the demand.
My weight loss target was fairly modest but I don,t think it will be easy.

Hi im hoping for my op in March I had my endo on September 13th 2012, im waiting patiently. Put on 8lb over christmas but ive lost 6lb so just another 2lb to get off and then im going to try and be a few pounds under because if you have put on weight they wont do your operation at Sunderland. Its been a long wait referred by my doctor in July 2011.

I had my endoscopy at the end of November with Dr Balipuri, and after the procedure he refused to give me any sort of timescale for the surgery. But when I had a review with Dr Schroeder in August he said its usually 4 months after endo. I'm so confused. Don't know who my surgeon is going to be as I've seen so many different people! And having no date is driving me to distraction!

Hi I had gastroscopy 29th Aug, got a call today got Feb 22 at SRH. I wouldn't expect anything earlier than 6 months x

Hi I had gastroscopy 29th Aug, got a call today got Feb 22 at SRH. I wouldn't expect anything earlier than 6 months x

Hi Borogirl, thanks for that :) makes it a bit clearer now! I'd rather Mr Schroeder hasn't told me 4 months, because now I'm disappointed that its more like 6!

I think its 6 months for a bypass and I did hear it could be as little as four months for a sleeve. I was supposed to have a sleeve but when I had my endo Mr Schroeder found I had a hernia so I have to have the bypass. Which im still happy about :) Are you having a bypass nichol80?

Got a date for bypass 19th March. Woohoo

I think its 6 months for a bypass and I did hear it could be as little as four months for a sleeve. I was supposed to have a sleeve but when I had my endo Mr Schroeder found I had a hernia so I have to have the bypass. Which im still happy about :) Are you having a bypass nichol80?

Hi the same happened to me! So I am not sure if I am having a bypass or sleeve!!! X

Had my balloon removed today and was given a date by Mr Small straight away (I have phoned to make sure as I thought I was dreaming)!!

So roll on 19th March bypass and new life here I come.

Mr Schroeder told me at the endo so I dont know? which op you did you want ?

Hi Malawhar said its hernia dependent so when they go in they will decide? Since finding out I gave a hernia I have suffered from heartburn. Now take Lanzoprazole. I called Kim the nurse who said I had consented to both following the gastroscopy. I couldn't remember much because of the sedation. I am ok with either but think due to heartburn, may need the bypass x

Hi Malawhar said its hernia dependent so when they go in they will decide? Since finding out I gave a hernia I have suffered from heartburn. Now take Lanzoprazole. I called Kim the nurse who said I had consented to both following the gastroscopy. I couldn't remember much because of the sedation. I am ok with either but think due to heartburn, may need the bypass x
yes I agree some people have been having acid reflux with the sleeve so probably best with the bypass. Ive never had any heartburn or acid reflux so I was shocked to find out. Good luck with your op xxx

yes I agree some people have been having acid reflux with the sleeve so probably best with the bypass. Ive never had any heartburn or acid reflux so I was shocked to find out. Good luck with your op xxx

Thanks. Neither had I but one month after the gastroscopy I started getting it! I was shocked also as didn't know I had one either. Oh well x

Yeah I'm having the bypass because I also have a hernia. I get chronic acid reflux too so they said a sleeve wouldn't be good for that.

Well done Borogirl and Goofy on getting your dates..... keep us informed of what happens. Xx
Btw has everyone who has had endoscopy consented to surgery at the endo appt?? X

Back