• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Headaches!!!

DeeKaulfers

Live Laugh Love!
I'm writing this to see if this is common.
I'm 9 days post op and the last 2-3 days I've been getting headaches like never before. I never drank coffee before so I cant blame it on needing caffeine. It's just intense.
Does anyone know what I can take?
Thanks
Dee.

I get headaches when I'm dehydrated - have you been drinking enough water (squash/juice/tea counts too)?

I was going to say the same, I get headaches quite a lot but I deffinately notice I get bad ones if I dont drink enough :D Hope you feel better soon X

dottychic said:
I was going to say the same, I get headaches quite a lot but I deffinately notice I get bad ones if I dont drink enough :D Hope you feel better soon X

Thank you I am getting only liquids right now so I think I'm drinking more then enough. I was wondering if it was lack of food. I just want it to go away.

It certainly wouldn't be lack of food, even without actually taking in solid foods, you still have calorific intake plus the excess weight you are carrying, which of course is the whole point of the op, to get your body to use up that instead of taking in excess calories. It's more likely to be due to after-effects of the anaesthetic and/or hormonal changes, keep hydrated (which it sounds like you are doing well with) and it should ease off on its own, but keep an eye on things & report back to your Dr if you are still suffering in a couple of weeks.

it could also be carbohydrate withdrawel, if you suddenly stop taking carbos, this can happen, carbos arnt just bread, etc, it includes veggies, as well, what about making your own veggie soup and blitzing it, that might help. good luck and i hope you feel better soon.

So long as your having at LEAST 2 litres of water/squash then you are having enough fluids. And as for what to take, liquid paracetamol is fine if needed. x

Thanks everyone. I think it was exhaustion. I had a really stressful 4 day weekend because of a selfish family member..... And didn't get nearly enough rest as I should have. But last night I was back home and my husband watched over our kids and made dinner for me to go to bed at 6pm and I didn't wake until 7am this morning. Feeling like a new me. 13 hrs of sleep helped.

wow, you must have been absolutely shattered hun, glad you feel better now, hugs xx

dawny said:
wow, you must have been absolutely shattered hun, glad you feel better now, hugs xx

I was hahahaha. The amount I slept shows that ha. But I needed it. And thank you I do feel better it's great. I actually felt like me today.

Back