• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HEALTHY BMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nic.. Would just like to add my "well done" to the long list of plaudits it's so good to hear you have reached this BIG achievement and will know doubt spur others on to follow..
M

Congratulations, a fantastic achievement! :)

Just wanted to say a giant THANK YOU to you all for your lovely comments, it means alot to me that you all celebrate my achievements with me. It is something I really cherish about being a part of this forum. It is a special feeling to know that I can moan, jump for joy or just natter with you all and have your full support. You are all ace. Also wanted to say that dreams do come true and you have the power to change your life, just jump in there and start dreaming!!!

Nic:D:D:D

bet you never in your wildest dreams thought this day would come

You know what B&B, I really was scared to hope that I would reach a healthy BMI, the docs and the stats said I could hope for 70% of my excess weight gone in 2 years post-op. I really did not think I would reach 100% loss EVER and certainly not in less than a year! My expectations have been reached and completely exceeded which really is an AWESOME GIFT and I cherish it dearly. I feel like I am the protector of something really valuable, my health and happiness!

do you have a regular exercise regime?

Yes Julia, I do have an exercise regime but I need to be more strict with myself to ensure I do it all the time. On my best weeks I do a cardio workout video at home 2 days per week and at least 1 or two other activities per week like aqua fit, 3-6 miles power walk or a yoga video. On my worst weeks I do 2 energetic things per week. I have planned to join a local gym, I think when (not if) I do that I will get into a more regular routine and meet some of my fitness goals. I would really like to firm up as much as I can and build lean muscle so that at whatever weight I land I will feel fit and healthy.

PS - and I would love to meet you all but I live over on the East and there are no meets local to me - Manchester is a bit far for a social!

Maybe we can engineer something halfway between your area and the Manchester area? Why not start a thread and see if there is interest. I am always happy to travel, I have been to Liverpool, Birmingham & Preston to meet up with miniminers. Just as long as there is convenient train transport or someone willing to pick me up, I am usually up for it.:p

ehmmmm nic does this mean that you and j will be having less dummy runs and more practice to get the wheels in motion?!!!!

Yes, we will be having less dummy runs soon Carole! Just feeling a bit scared to be honest, I was really hoping to be working by now and putting money away for all bits and bobs that a baby needs. Plus, I want to be in the most ideal health so that I can enjoy my pregnancy. Soon, I say, soon...

That is so amazing. Reaching a healthy bmi must feel like all your Christmas' have come at once.

I am so jealous!! :)

Your such an amazing inspiration. I love reading whatever you put. I hope you dont stop coming on here!!

wow nic that is brilliant well done you are such an inspiration. fantastic :banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

Wow well done PG:D

You must be so so proud of yourself. It must fee like a dream come true!

A healthy BMI seems still so far away for me I daren't think about it too much!

Nic, I have to ask you something..............Do you have to pinch yourself when you look in the mirror or get on the scales, just to make sure it's real and not a dream?

When I look at old photos of myself, I think or remember 'snapshots in time' when I was 'normal sized' I kind of almost dont believe it was me, and I find it very hard to imagine a time in the future when I can look in the mirror and see the old confident, fearless and vivacious person I once was smiling back at me. Maybe it is fear of disappointment or failure, or maybe I'm just trying to keep myself from getting stressed about the long drawn out process I have thus far gone through.

Blimey..... dawg knows whats happened to me tonight, gone all philosophical and pondersome! Feel free to just ignore my random meanderings lol, its been a LOOOOOOOOONG day.

Xx

Hey, that's fabulous!!You can be so proud of yourself :)
Can't wait to get there...someday.lol

Back