• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Everyone! Newbie having a Band in 2 weeks!

Alice

Loser :)
Hello Everyone,

Well I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, reading your posts and getting inspiration from you. So I thought it's about time I introduced myself!

I'm Alice, I'm 30 and I'm having a Gastric Band fitted on 12th July at Dolan Park, Bromsgrove.

I am soooo excited but also pretty nervous about it all. I hope I can get to know you and share in your highs and lows, while sharing my own journey at the same time.

Cheers!

Alice :)

Hi Alice, lovely to meet you :) So have you started your pre-op diet yet? 2 weeks, you must be getting really excited!

We have a couple of people here now having bands in July, so you'll be in great company :D

Good luck with op - you must be very excited at the thought of losing all the weight afterwards. Hope all goes well.

xx

Hi Alice, lovely to meet you :) So have you started your pre-op diet yet? 2 weeks, you must be getting really excited!

We have a couple of people here now having bands in July, so you'll be in great company :D
Hi ShellBell,

I've seen that there are a couple of people having the op around the same time as me! That's so good - I've heard that support from others in the same position is essential!

My pre-op diet starts on Saturday - 7 days of Milk Only. Scary!

Thanks for your welcome :)

Alice xx

Hi Liv,

Wow, a week tomorrow? That is very exciting!

I am really looking forward to hearing how things go for you... Keep me posted!

Alice xx

Hi Alice, I am having my band done on July 14th, so just a couple of days after you. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow as I have to do 2 weeks, funny how they are all a bit different, these doctor's do have their quirks!

Look forward to hearing more about you and your story, and questions, support or help you need just shout and someone will be along to help you - everyone is so helpful here it is untrue.

Lots of luck x

hi alice hello and welcome to our great forum, congratulations on ur op, hope all goes well for u hun, its exciting stuff, i had the bypass 1 year ago and so far ive lost just ova 8 stone, all the girls here are very friendly and will help u all they can, take care xxx

Hi Alice, I am having my band done on July 14th, so just a couple of days after you. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow as I have to do 2 weeks, funny how they are all a bit different, these doctor's do have their quirks!

Look forward to hearing more about you and your story, and questions, support or help you need just shout and someone will be along to help you - everyone is so helpful here it is untrue.

Lots of luck x
Hi Ali,

Yeah I know what you mean about the pre op diets being so varied. It makes me anxious that mine is only 7 days when most others seem to be longer. I might call the dietician to check whether I should start early... Not that I want to because my husband has planned a fab last supper for Friday night!!

I had seen from an earlier thread that you were having the band around the same time as me. I am so pleased there are a few of us having it done at the same time - it seeems that most people on here have the bypass, and while their stories are fascinating, I am pleased there are some Bandsters for me to bounce my successes and problems off!

Ok I am rambling and must go shower... On my way for a lovely 12hr shift catching babies...

Take care,

Alice xx

hi alice hello and welcome to our great forum, congratulations on ur op, hope all goes well for u hun, its exciting stuff, i had the bypass 1 year ago and so far ive lost just ova 8 stone, all the girls here are very friendly and will help u all they can, take care xxx
Hi Georgina,

Thanks for the welcome! Everyone seems lovely and very friendly. My husband thinks it's wierd that I am on here all the time but it is really great to know that there are other people who feel the same as I do!

Congratulations on the weight loss. 8 stone is a phenomenal result! I really hope that one day I will be welcoming a Newbie with a similar success story!

Alice xx

my husband thinks its wierd too Alice, but it stops me moaning at him so he puts up with it lol.

Claire did the milk diet, she had her op on Saturday so isn't around much, but she lost 18lbs in the 2 weeks on it and seemed to cope ok. I'm sure she'll tell you what it was like etc when she's feeling up to it.

Hi Alice

Just wanted to pop in to say hello to you. Your right there are a few of us having the op at the same time.

Good luck with everything including the pre-op diet xxx

gastric band Dolan Park

Hi Alice, Im having my consultation next week for the operation at Dolan Park with WGA, any info on the surgeon and aftercare would be great...........

Hello Everyone,

Well I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, reading your posts and getting inspiration from you. So I thought it's about time I introduced myself!

I'm Alice, I'm 30 and I'm having a Gastric Band fitted on 12th July at Dolan Park, Bromsgrove.

I am soooo excited but also pretty nervous about it all. I hope I can get to know you and share in your highs and lows, while sharing my own journey at the same time.

Cheers!

Alice :)[/quote]

Hi Angela,

I am going to be brutally honest now.

I wouldn't recommend the WGA package. If you can afford the extra, go for the full aftercare.

In my experience, WGA is just interested in the money, and once you've paid up, they stop trying. I have been really dissatisfied with their customer care.

Don't get me wrong though: the surgeon was good, the band was fitted without a problem, the hospital is spotlessly clean. I just feel abandoned post op.

My advice? Don't go with WGA.

Sorry to be brutal but I wish someone had warned me!

Alice xx

Hi Alice,
Thats horrible that they have left you in the lurch, how do you go about getting your band refilled or do you have to pay each time they do it ?

Hi Caroline,

Not only do I have to pay, but I also have to find someone to do it for me!!

I also have to work out for myself when I need the fills. This is the bit I am most concerned about...

I knew all this when I chose this package - I just thought that all I needed was to get the band fitted and I could sort out the rest myself. I just thought they would be more helpful and vocal... I didn't expect them to drop me like a hot coal!!

Thank goodness for the girls on this site who have been sharing the advice they've been given with me.

Alice xx

Hi Alice I checked the WLS group web site, they provide after care for persons like yourself that have gone abroad for the op, from what I could see they do two years after care for you as well. Hope this is of some help x

Back