• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Everyone

michellewhinham

Well this is my first go at anything like this. I had my gastric bypass surgery on Wednesday and so far so good. Pain is minimal althouth energy levels are well low.
I am not massively enjoying the pureed diet but hey only 5 more weeks to go. If anyone has any good tips about what to puree for a tasty treat then please let me know.

hello and welcome. Hope your managing ok, i am just behind you my surgery was 24th.
I found low cal veg soup pureed is really nice with some added chicken for protein, or really sloppy mash and cheese with low fat gravy.
Banana, strawberry Ice and a splash of orange makes a nice smoothie.

take care xxx

Hi and Welcome, xx

welcome to the site. Hope your energy picks up soon
x

Hi. My name is Sarah. I'm having a band on the 16th in Sheffield. I'm not sure how to work this forum thing but I've found all the information and tips so valuable.Thanks to everyone who contributes. I hope in a few weeks I'll be able to offer some words of wisdom and support for others too.
This pre op diet is harder than I thought :-(

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hiya and welcome.Mini milk lollies made a nice change,milky mash and cheddar.fish in sauce with mash,tinned Irish stew blended.

Good Luck on your recovery.

My savour for the liquid stage was fresh soups from Sainsburys. They have great flavours, low in fat and sugars. Some i blended etc...

Favourites are veg dansak, pea and ham, Hot & Sour. These gave me the taste my mouth needed.

Hi ya every1 I am also due to have my surgery 24 august and starting to need ideas, good luck big dave u just in front of me, keep in touch, im going to be starting the milk diet tomorrow, so time is getting nearer.please send me and others some ideas u fab lot many thanks luv hugs Kaz x x x

Hi Sarah, I have just been put on Mr Patel's list. Do not know what to expect as he did not go into any of the many things that are discussed on here & I can't find anything out about him on the net. I have my pre assessment on 16/9 so will have to ask all my questions then. Good luck for the 16th ... look forward to hearing about your experience. take care x

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Hi Sarah, I have just been put on Mr Patel's list. Do not know what to expect as he did not go into any of the many things that are discussed on here & I can't find anything out about him on the net. I have my pre assessment on 16/9 so will have to ask all my questions then. Good luck for the 16th ... look forward to hearing about your experience. take care x

I've heard he's good. Are you having it done at the northern general or private?
Good luck for your pre assessment. Write all your questions down before you go.
Sarah x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back