• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, fellow June 2013 sleevers

Jozefina

Shall we have a thread of our own in here?

My op is on Thursday 13th June in London and I started my pre-surgical regime on Thursday 30th May - 7lbs down so far although I'm ravenous!

Looking forward to meeting you in here and to us suporting each other in the coming months.

J xx

Hi
My name is Anna I've got my appointment with the consultant on Wednesday 5 th June and I'm hoping its going to be onwards and upwards from then , I'm hoping to have the orbera baloon .will be looking at your progress .

im due to have my op (sleeve) on wednesday (5th), at salford royal hospital manchester under prof ammori, cant wait been on the liver reduction diet for 2 weeks tomo.

how are you feeling about the op??

Hello everyone
I'm having my sleeve on Thursday 13 June by Professor Ammori. Can't wait, I'm soooo excited. All best everyone!

This build up is weird, isn't it? A sort of twilight zone/phony war. Excited but nerve inducing too.

My surgeon wants to see me again later this week and has just TEXTED me to ask when I'm free: so right there we have the difference between going private and the NHS, LOL

Just found out I'm pencilled in for 29th June for sleeve at Sunderland OMG I'm still in shock

lindy62

Maybe we just have the nicest surgeon :D

I'll confirm that once I've met him, LOL

He said on the phone yesterday that I seem "quite light" - that was quite the surreal moment ... I know it's all relative, but I haven't felt or been perceived as "light" for a loooooooooong time!

Good luck for today, mummy2309!

Happykai - it will be our turn sooooon. I've downloaded a countdown app to my phone :D

Let me know what you think once you've met him. In our house he can do no wrong :D. Really nice bloke and helps that he's a very good and experienced surgeon.

I start my diet on 10/6, go to salford for pre-op on 12/6 & finally bypass on 24/6.
Good luck & speedy recovery to all june bandits/sleevers & bypassers :)

good luck for the pre op diet and your forthcoming surgery mr doo, had my sleeve done wednesday home by thursday night not in too much pain but a bit, just cant seem to get much to drink

Hi,

I'll confirm that once I've met him, LOL

Let me know what you think once you've met him. In our house he can do no wrong :D. Really nice bloke and helps that he's a very good and experienced surgeon.

I believe I have the same surgeon as you both, Mr Reddy is doing my sleeve on the 10th and I agree with Hedwig, he's a really nice person with a wealth of experience.

Thanks very much mummy 2309,
Your out in no time "well done " i take it all went very well ( or have you discharged yourself ?)
Anyway the new & improved you begins now :)

i spent the night on high dependancy unit then was allowed home with orders to rest, im in a bit of pain but have only had calpol for it so cant be that bad, im not able to drink too much as i get really bad pain in the top of my tummy, but hayho just have to get on with it dont you

Hi,

I believe I have the same surgeon as you both, Mr Reddy is doing my sleeve on the 10th and I agree with Hedwig, he's a really nice person with a wealth of experience.

You guys are right - what a nice person, very clever. We had a two hour chat last week and I now feel much more aware.

AE, I'll think of you on Tuesday - will you be in E1 or SW19? Good luck!

I'm feeling a bit crap today as I have a cold (randomly, from nowhere - just arrived yesterday and now I feel grim) but, on the plus side, I can't taste anything either.

Get well soon Jozefina.

4 days to go.

Jozefina,

I'm in SW19, all packed and ready to go, got to be there at 6:45 tomorrow.

All the very best for yours. See you on the other side.

AE

Good luck AlphaEcho

Hope today is going well, AlphaEcho.

How are you doing, happykai? I'm feeling very twitchy as Thursday draws closer and am really struggling to focus at work. Also feeling rubbish with this damn cold - hope it's gone in 48 hours' time!

Back