• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, fellow June 2013 sleevers

LOL - you'll have a long time waiting for any money from me - i'm broke after paying for my op - but already I think it was worth it.

Have discovered that Tesco Pea & Ham soup is really nice when blitzed down with a bit of milk - and - it carries on the green theme!

Good to see your sense of humour hasn't deserted you yet.

AE

Jozefina,

Waiting around is going to be the worst of it, positive thoughts and before you know it you'll be back in your room with it all done - and hey guess what you can have Shrek wee too!

AE
Funny u should mention this,my wife was sure there was a chemical in the toilet,but my wee was green,why is this?:eek:

this is cause they put a blue dye in your tummy to make sure theres no leaks

Hi All

I'm new to the site, just finding my way around it at the moment. I'm having revision surgery on June 25th. Gastric band removal and revision to a sleeve. Terrified and excited at the same time!
I'm new to this site too but not to you (LOL)welcome from me anyway!
Jo x

Apparently (according to my Surgeon) the dye starts off blue when they put it in and ends up green when it comes out. He thought it was funny when I asked him about it - a surgeons sense of humour no doubt :)

AE

Hie everyone
It's official, I am a sleever!!! The surgery went well, it turns out my body doesn't handle morphine as well as chocolate. The morphine made me sick, so moved on to other painkillers. 24hrs after surgery, I feel good and a little tired. Can't seem to drink anything so I have a drip & having crushed ice. It's time for another nap.

Take care everyone. Jozefina, hope you're doing well, thinking of you. x

Congratulations happykai, glad all went relatively well for you. Sorry to hear the morphine wasn't good for you though but at least they gave you something else.

Take care.

AE.

glad all went well for you, welcome to the sleeves losers bench, im 9days post op and im feeling fab losted 10lb already

Hie everyone
It's official, I am a sleever!!! The surgery went well, it turns out my body doesn't handle morphine as well as chocolate. The morphine made me sick, so moved on to other painkillers. 24hrs after surgery, I feel good and a little tired. Can't seem to drink anything so I have a drip & having crushed ice. It's time for another nap.

Congrats on having your surgery :)

Hie everyone

Hi there, how are you? Hope you're safely back home now and remembering to "sip, sip, sip"! xx

Hi everyone

So I'm home now, as of Saturday evening, having been successfully sleeved on Thursday afternoon.

I got to the hospital at noon and was told I'd be going in for my op at 2.30pm but it was actually closer to 4.30pm when I finally walked in; apparently, my surgeon was doing a bypass first and there were "complications". I hope the poor patient in question is doing OK now.

The process itself seemed to go well and was much as AlphaEcho described his procedure - except, thankfully, minus the DVD! I came to in recovery at about 7.30 and was moved back to my room and then drifted in and out for the rest of the night. As I had feared, the anaesthetic and I were not BFs and I was horribly sick all night; I stayed on a drip and was given glucose and an anti-emetic into my arm.

I did manage to be "helped" into the loo (oh the indignity) but promptly fainted and then was sick, so that was fun. Friday was a complete write off - I just dozed, sipped water, threw up, dozed, tried to read, felt sick if food was mentioned in my book, threw up and so on. The staff tried me on tea, soup, yoghurt and juice and nothing stayed down; the physio kept popping her perky head around my door and then backing away when she saw me lying there clutching a cardboard vomit tray.

I did start to perk up at 7pm ish on Friday (so a good 24 hours post surgery) and managed a non fainting solo trip to the loo and a freshen up with some baby wipes; was genuinely shocked by how terrible I looked! On the plus side, I had almost no pain from my stomach (four incisions) other than when I coughed - a legacy of last week's cold.

I got a bit more sleep on Friday night and woke up feeling loads better; had a shower (yay) and got my dressings changed and even managed some squash. I finally did the physio and was discharged later that day. Slept brilliantly at home last night and have been chilling today.

And here we are: 16lbs down since the start of the pre-op diet on May 30th ...

How's everyone else?

Jo xx

Hie Jozefina
Glad to hear you're on the losers bench and well on your way to recovery. I got home last night too, healing well, but wind pain comes and goes very now and again. Sounds like you had a really rough time after the first 24hours, poor you. You should no okay now and start watching the stones & pounds fall off.
Take care x

Thanks HK - how was your journey home? I was thinking about you as we bumped our way across London and that was only an hour in the car - was so glad to turn into the road when we reached home. I hope you weren't too uncomfortable on your long drive xx

Hi All
Im a sleever too :) it was done on the 13th June, came home the next day, seem to be okish. Managed to drink some coffee and today managed chicken stock which was tasty was a little worried that it might make me feel sick but all ok! still a little tender round my wounds, they also found that I had a Hiatus Hernia which had to be repaired before doing the sleeve.
Did anyone else experience the pain in the shoulders and chest from the gas they fill you with? I'm still suffering a little with that pain.
The worst thing about this all is that I am on other medication which has to be crushed and drank with a little sugar free juice :p eek awful.
what quantities and how often is everyone drinking?
Kaz
xx

glad your home and doing ok now well done on the weight loss.
Im 11 days post op and feeling fab, lost 2 stone now since the pre op and post op i cant see where its come off but im liking the scales there my friend now

another new sleever, welcome and good luck on your wls journey,
i had some pains for the gas/wind in my chest but it was more after ihad drank anything about 10 mins later i would get it, the best thing i found is to get moving.
Im only still drinking about a pint and half all day of fluids but at dinner and tea i can now manage 1/2 a cup a soup it takes me a good 20mins to have it.
how long is everyoneelse on fluids only i have another week and half to go so 3 weeks in total

For some reason, I've been lucky and spared the trapped wind pain.

Apparently mint tea helps with it - might be worth a try, wolfeyes? Hope you feel better soon x

I'm doing OK with fluids; have always been a big water drinker so am finding it ok, as long as I remember to SIP! I had a big gulp in the night and woke myself right up. I think I'm on c. 1.5L a day but haven't been given specific guidelines.

Back