• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, fellow June 2013 sleevers

Jozefina,

Hope today is going well, AlphaEcho.

It went brilliantly, have put a long post up elsewhere about my experiences on the day. Marcus Reddy and his team are brilliant - so don't worry about anything you're in really good hands.

Will be thinking of you when you have yours.

AE.

Hey Jozefina
Hope you feel better soon. I was nervous last night, but read AlphaEcho's experience, it's helped a lot. My tummy feels a bit funny, I'm sure it's found out what's about to happen. I leave tomorrow for Manchester, for Pre-opp tests, then surgery on Thursday. Keep telling yourself it's the beginning of a better life!!

Have you started packing?

Hi there

Still full of cold, but seem to have progressed to the bunged up stage now as opposed to the streaming version! On the plus side, I can't taste anything and nor do I feel hungry, which is a good indicator of the shape <boom boom> of things to come, I hope. I haven't exactly packed yet but I have made assorted piles of things in the spare room - as I'm in London and so is the hospital (although on opposite sides) I don't have to leave home until Thursday morning. Eek!

Is somebody travelling with you tomorrow? I hope it all goes well for you - re the journey and the pre-op tests as well as, of course, Thursday itself.

I'll be thinking of you and wishing us both success and good health! xx

Jozefina,

It went brilliantly, have put a long post up elsewhere about my experiences on the day. Marcus Reddy and his team are brilliant - so don't worry about anything you're in really good hands.

Will be thinking of you when you have yours.

AE.

Thanks so much AE, I really appreciate it. Can't have too many positive vibes winging their way across London/the world! Off to your other thread now - how are you on New Life +1 day? Hope you're healing well and starting to feel more comfortable x

Hie Jozefina

Your cold is getting slightly better but it has less than 48hrs to get rid of itself. On the good side, you're well on your way to the losers bench.
I'm going to Manchester on my own then my husband will come on Thursday & stay till I leave.

All the best for Thu, will be thinking of you too!
xx

Hey Jozefina
Hope you feel better soon. I was nervous last night, but read AlphaEcho's experience, it's helped a lot. My tummy feels a bit funny, I'm sure it's found out what's about to happen. I leave tomorrow for Manchester, for Pre-opp tests, then surgery on Thursday. Keep telling yourself it's the beginning of a better life!!

Have you started packing?
same surgeon as me, hope all gone well where in manchester did u have it done sprire??
good luck for any one having there op soon

im 6 days post op and feeling fab lost 5lb since my op so thats 2 stone since end of april

Well done Mummy2309!! I'm having it done at the Alex Hospital. Can't wait, hope I get some sleep over the next 2 nights.

Done my final bag check. Good bye old life....

Safe travels, happykai; hope all the pre-op stuff goes well today and of course TOMORROW for us both! xx

good luck to you both your be fine, just take things easy, me saying that i was shopping 2 days post op lol

are the nerves kicking in yet??

Hi All

I'm new to the site, just finding my way around it at the moment. I'm having revision surgery on June 25th. Gastric band removal and revision to a sleeve. Terrified and excited at the same time!

hi jack welcome and good luck with your revision surgery im sure all will go well, im loving my sleeve and im only 7 days post op

All the best for tomorrow Jozefina. See you on the other side. x

thinking of u both

Thanks all - just waiting around in my room now.

There's a patient ahead of me with "complications" so a delay in my start time.

Everything has otherwise gone as scheduled, other than that I fainted when they took blood! Have also been offered meals 3 times!!

Hope you're ok happykai x

Jozefina,

Waiting around is going to be the worst of it, positive thoughts and before you know it you'll be back in your room with it all done - and hey guess what you can have Shrek wee too!

AE

Back