• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, fellow June 2013 sleevers

Hi All, how are we doing?

Kai, how was the return to work and has your stall shifted? I hope so, because I so know that feeling ... I was chatting with Kaz on another thread and she has the same problem, so it's a shared issue.

I've lost a further 3lbs this week, taking me to a total of 30lbs lost; I'm very happy with that. We have a big weekend coming up; we're heading away later today for a family visit based around my mum's house. She's throwing a huge party to celebrate those family members who have had "significant" birthdays in recent months. Several of us, including me, entered a new decade and so we're celebrating 40th, 50th, 60th and 70th birthdays. I haven't seen my family since Easter, so it will be interesting to see if anyone notices my weight loss (I imagine not, though). I have a lovely new maxi dress to wear in a 14/16, which looked tiny when I bought it a while ago (pre surgery) but which does now fit, hurrah. I have told my mum that I am "dieting" and won't be drinking wine and am hoping to get away with not being quizzed as to my minute and slowly consumed quantities of food by doing the time honoured trick of pushing food around on my plate (I refined this back in my Lighter Life days ...)

We are also staying in a B&B so as to avoid being quizzed over breakfast! It's all about the planning. Thankfully, I'm never tempted by birthday cake and Mum always does salads etc at her parties, so I think I'll be OK on the food front.

AE, how are you doing - still in the honeymoon period??! I totally concur with the food bills (and also eating out) - our spending has dropped dramatically. I'm seeing MR on the 30th, by the way.

So now you've picked up on what I do from elsewhere, what did you do before you retired? I'm guessing - perhaps in the Met?

Last edited:
Hi,
Hi All, how are we doing?
Still ticking along nicely thanks, still keep eating too much unwittingly only to feel uncomfortable 10 minutes or so after stopping. Quantities just seem to vary day by day on what I can and cannot tolerate, I guess with time I will work it out. Weight is still coming off at a nice steady rate, and yes, definitely still in the honeymoon period. Looking forward to going onto "normal" food next week but still plan on taking things easy and not over loading my new stomach.

I hope you have a really great weekend at your mum's and I'm sure people will notice the weight loss. I take it you haven't told many people about having surgery then judging by what you say? Should be nice for a BBQ although I personally find meat to be a bit too heavy at the moment unless in really tiny quantities but I have developed a new love for salads right now. Even if it does mean skinning tomatoes first to keep Mr R happy.

So now you've picked up on what I do from elsewhere, what did you do before you retired? I'm guessing - perhaps in the Met?
Oh so close but no prizes I'm afraid, I was in the emergency services but not the Met you'll have to keep guessing. If you say the AA or RAC I'm going to sulk all weekend :(

Have a great time away and I look forward to your next guess :)

AE.

PS. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you he's always so nice and reassuring. 30th must be the day for medical things I'm seeing my GP then and hope I can beat the weight target he hoped I would be at by then.

Last edited:
Hi,

Still ticking along nicely thanks, still keep eating too much unwittingly only to feel uncomfortable 10 minutes or so after stopping. Quantities just seem to vary day by day on what I can and cannot tolerate, I guess with time I will work it out. Weight is still coming off at a nice steady rate, and yes, definitely still in the honeymoon period. Looking forward to going onto "normal" food next week but still plan on taking things easy and not over loading my new stomach.

I hope you have a really great weekend at your mum's and I'm sure people will notice the weight loss. I take it you haven't told many people about having surgery then judging by what you say? Should be nice for a BBQ although I personally find meat to be a bit too heavy at the moment unless in really tiny quantities but I have developed a new love for salads right now. Even if it does mean skinning tomatoes first to keep Mr R happy.

Oh so close but no prizes I'm afraid, I was in the emergency services but not the Met you'll have to keep guessing. If you say the AA or RAC I'm going to sulk all weekend :(

Have a great time away and I look forward to your next guess :)

AE.

PS. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you he's always so nice and reassuring. 30th must be the day for medical things I'm seeing my GP then and hope I can beat the weight target he hoped I would be at by then.

OK, my next guess is - paramedic? Given how unsqueamish you are (re the DVD etc) that seems to be a possibility. And I once dated one, so I know they work shifts :p

No, NOBODY knows about my surgery other than my husband. My mum is mega-competitive about weight with me, so she's the last person in.the.world. that I would tell. That's why this forum and the people that I've met through the support groups are so important to me, because I'm not getting support IRL. I really don't think people will notice any perceived losses as yet - because I'm quite tall, it's not so obvious, I think.

Who have you told?

OK, my next guess is - paramedic? Given how unsqueamish you are (re the DVD etc) that seems to be a possibility. And I once dated one, so I know they work shifts :p
LOL I'm enjoying this - I'm afraid you're wrong again and yes I'm not squeamish in the slightest and did work shifts. You've only 2 choices left now as I wasn't Met or LAS!

No, NOBODY knows about my surgery other than my husband. My mum is mega-competitive about weight with me, so she's the last person in.the.world. that I would tell. That's why this forum and the people that I've met through the support groups are so important to me, because I'm not getting support IRL. I really don't think people will notice any perceived losses as yet - because I'm quite tall, it's not so obvious, I think.

Who have you told?
Just 3 people that I know off know so far, my other half, my brother and someone I used to work with. Although knowing him I expect many more may know by now, I'm looking forward to going back to see former work colleagues in a couple of months to see if a) they actually notice, and b) what they say if they do.

I agree this forum is important because there's no better source of information than people who have actually gone through it themselves. A common misconception to many people who haven't been through it is that it's the easy option so that's a reason for not saying anything yet as I don't need that right now.

Have a fab weekend.

AE.

Last edited:
Hie everyone

Good news first, my stall seems to have lifted lost 2lbs this week that I haven't regained. Whoop whoop!! It's wonderful to see the numbers go down again. Plus my jeans are getting big, before the sleeve, I had a pair that were making me look like an over stuffed sausage. Happy days.
1st week back at work has been a trial, my energy levels are not quite back were they used to be so I'm on amended duties. But I'm glad I'm at work, staying at home was starting to lose its charm. It's getting better everyday.
I've only told my husband & my sister about the surgery, I don't plan to tell anyone else. We are loosing weight because we are eating else, hopefully moving more, that's what I'm going to tell everybody.
Jozefina, have a wonderful time at the party, you'll be looking stunning & enjoy the compliments.

Happy loosing, everyone!!

Kai x

Hi everyone

How are we all doing? I'm happy to have passed the 6 weeks out stage yesterday and even happier to have lost 4lbs this week (that's my best week so far - 10lbs in total since July 1st). I can - comfortably - fit back into my jeans and a few other items and it's been fun this week to "shop my closet" (as the Americans say) and remind myself of some much loved but unworn for a while clothing items. I seem to be between sizes at the moment, so am drifting around in baggy stuff, but that's OK, given the weather.

At last weekend's family party, my two aunts (who hadn't seen me since a similar gathering at Easter) commented on my appearance but were talked over by my mum, bless her, who was very keen to let us all know that she'd lost 8lbs.

The only problem that I'm still having is around hot food, which I can rarely eat and keep down. I know it's not the amount, as I'm meticulous about portions, so it can only be speed of eating and I'm working on that. I've also discovered that chicken (hot or cold) is not my friend and I just can't keep it down. So am sticking with fish for a bit.

Kai, glad to read that your stall has shifted, how has this week been for you?

Kaz, how are you doing?

AE, how are you? Per my other thread, am seeing Marcus on Tuesday - did he examine you at your check up or was it just a chat? Fretting about clothes ... oh and fire service??!

Happy weekend, y'all - xx

Hiya,

AE, how are you? Per my other thread, am seeing Marcus on Tuesday - did he examine you at your check up or was it just a chat? Fretting about clothes ... oh and fire service??!

I'm good thanks, glad you had a nice time last weekend. Sorry to hear though that hot food is currently not working for you :( I'm obviously very lucky in that I've not yet had any problems, being back on "normal" food is so nice though. Warburtons thins are excellent for me right now (and a pack lasts so long) one of them with some salad and a thin slice of chicken in is just the job for lunch. Still being careful though and keeping to the softer food. Even in this weather I still can't get as much fluid down as I should, but I'm not getting dehydrated.

When I saw Marcus he had a prod at my scars (something I'm apparently not allowed to do, says you :D ), weighed me and then it was just his normal totally relaxed style for a chat. As usual could have stayed there longer than I did as it never feels rushed with him.

Have you found any internal stitches yet trying to make their way out? On a couple of occasions on the longer incisions I've had a bit of an end of an internal stitch popping out. Tried pulling it but it definitely seemed attached so just cut it back short. It's only been a max of a couple of mm's that I've seen, I'm sure they must be dissolving ones as one end disappeared following a shower, weird though.

Not fretting about clothes, after years of buying clothes I never really liked I'm holding out until I get to where I hopefully want to end up.

Job wise - yeah you've got me - 31 years of riding around in a big red engine. :sigh: Happy days.

Hope you're appointment goes well with Marcus.

AE.

So glad we sorted out which emergency service, having been through medical, police and the AA we were running out and the suspense was becoming just too much :)

So glad we sorted out which emergency service, having been through medical, police and the AA we were running out and the suspense was becoming just too much :)

:giggle: well life would just be to boring if I had just told you and you still had the option of the Coastguard even in London!

Hope you're well.

AE.

Had my 6wk check up yesterday,all seems well,have been prescribed vit b compound,vit b12 & calcichew d3,seems my provider treats sleevers as per bypassers,weight loss continues @ approx 2 lb per week,have now lost 4 stone 2lb since april 8th,now onto soft foods & warburtons thins,next check up 3 months time,when hopefully their should be a little less of me

Hi Josafina and others :D

Well I am pleased to report that I have lost more pounds and am chuffed to bits! 6 weeks have gone by on Thursday, I have my first check up on Tuesday!

I am now 12 stone and 7lbs :) I am sticking to the puréed mashed food, however its only vegetables and mashed potatoes I am having and the odd soup! however yesterday I made a family Cottage Pie and once cooked I mashed my portion with a little mashed Broccoli it was ansome :D

I am at a family party in London in 2 weeks, family are guna be shocked when they see me as they last saw me in March at my 40th Birthday Party! so After loosing 3 stone and 2lb I think they are guna notice ;) my only issue about this party is not eating normal food and dont want family guessing anything. I do also have the excuse that I had a Hiatus Hernia so can fall on that excuse ;)

I am glad things are going well for us Sleevers....... Would you do it again if you had to do it again! helll yeah I would ;)

Oh and yes I have a couple of the stitches hanging out on my larger incision! have cut it to the level of where my skin is as I am too screamish to pull it out lol Hubby says just pull it!

Happy loosing all
Kaz
xxx

Last edited:
Hi,

Good to hear the weight is going for you as well, after not eating certain foods for awhile its amazing just how nice the simplest things can be.

I am glad things are going well for us Sleevers....... Would you do it again if you had to do it again! helll yeah I would ;)

Absolutely without a shadow of doubt.

Oh and yes I have a couple of the stitches hanging out on my larger incision! have cut it to the level of where my skin is as I am too screamish to pull it out lol Hubby says just pull it!
Glad to hear it's not just me, I gave mine a bit of a pull but its definitely attached internally. Did exactly same as you and trimmed it.

AE.

AE.... Big red fire engine.... Aka 'pussy cat rescue service'

Just after we had moved into our current abode, came home from work one day to find at my house, concerned neighbours, biiiiiggg red fire engine, looootttsss of burley firemen....

And my cat up the top of the telegraph pole outside my house :cry:

Some say, she broke 400 double glazed windows that day with her howling....

And that she only went up there as she fancied a man in a uniform.

All we know is she was called The Stig. (Yep, I kid you not :rolleyes:)

Oh yes, and I got a hefty call out bill to get her down :eek:

If that was you, thanks :kitty:

AE.... Big red fire engine.... Aka 'pussy cat rescue service'

Ouch that hurts :cry: - but never a truer word said. In my years I've pulled cats out of plenty of trees, as well us from up chimneys, stuck between two walls of a house, stuck inside a cars engine compartment and a few other places. I'm a great animal lover, especially cats and until recently have always had them myself but when they want to go exploring who's to stop them!

Oh yes, and I got a hefty call out bill to get her down :eek:

If that was you, thanks :kitty:
You wouldn't have got a bill from me, I was a London firefighter and we didn't bill for things like that (well not when I was still in the job we didn't) but you're further South and posher maybe that's why you got charged for it. :D Even on the services we charged for I could waive it if I wanted to (paperwork sometimes got lost).

All the best.

AE.

I'm over 6 weeks post op and am delighted to report that since my op I have lost 35lbs! If you add that to my total pre-op weight loss I've lost 63lbs. Bloody delighted!!

hi all, not been here for a while, hope your all doing well, i have been getting bored with food, eatting the same thing every other day, finding alot of foods aint suiting me like salad and beef which i love, my weight loss is going well, im down to 22st 7lb from 27st 7lb so its all coming off, this was the weight i was when i saw the surgeon in april end of april anyway, im so happy loving my sleeve on a whole just bored of food, everyone i know can see a difference but i still cant apart from the scales

:DThanks Big-D but I don't have a secret, the weight loss just happened for me.

I haven't been on the scaled yet this week so don't yet know what I've lost but I really hope the weight keeps coming off!!

Jozefina,

How did your check up go with Marcus the other week? Hope everything is all good with you.

AE.

Hi there

It all went well, thank you: weighed, examined (my now nearly invisible incision scars), a nice chat and sent on my way. He said again I was a model patient (!) and to call/text/email if I needed anything, but that I was now effectively discharged and wouldn't need another appointment. Are you seeing him again?

My weight loss seems to have stalled in the last few weeks but I'm feeling Zen like about it and I know I'll get there in the end. I do seem to be losing inches and clothing sizes even when the scales stay the same and that's helping to keep me motivated!

How are you getting along?

Jxx

Back