• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, fellow June 2013 sleevers

I've got all his contact details. I don't want to bother him when he has more important people to deal with :whistle::whistle:

Yes, I am going to Wallington tomorrow night, Kate (Mrs Quiggle) organises us. There's just a few of us so you won't be lost in a crowd. I'm not sure who is going tomorrow. Just come in and look lost !!

Hope to see you and AE !

I've got all his contact details. I don't want to bother him when he has more important people to deal with :whistle::whistle:

Yes, I am going to Wallington tomorrow night, Kate (Mrs Quiggle) organises us. There's just a few of us so you won't be lost in a crowd. I'm not sure who is going tomorrow. Just come in and look lost !!

Hope to see you and AE !

But suppose I approach the wrong group?!:cry:

Kate sometimes brings a flower to put on the table. Just in case she doesn't today I will bring one too so you can't miss us. I have lilac jeggings on today (size 8 of course, we do have a surgeon that gets results!).

Maybe see you later!

OK, it's official I am a model patient - even my GP says so when I saw him today for the first time since my surgery :p

I also weighed less than at anytime in the past that I had ever been at that practice, so that made me very happy.

One thing I did mention to him though was my pulse rate - i've now got the heartbeat of an elephant - pretty slow. I've never known it this low before, it's about 50 bpm, of course when I was with my GP and he checked it was around 60 which he was happy with. He had a listen as well and took my BP and was happy with both. He did say that your heart rate can be lower after an anaesthetic but didn't mention how long it would last and I forgot to ask. Do you know of anyone else who has had this?

Jemima, I've got emails and phone numbers for MR - can't you contact him directly if you need/want to? Assuming AE has left him any free time, of course ... ;)

Also - will I meet you tomorrow, J? Was thinking I'd come along to the Wallingford meet. How many of you tend to go and how will I find you?

AE, are you going too, given it will be a local chapter meeting of the MRAS?

Ditto to the above with regards to contacting him - I bothered his Secretary with loads of questions prior to surgery and even after when I got billed for Pathology charges afterwards (which I stupidly paid before checking) and she was really helpful as she always has been, and gave me the information I needed to secure a refund.

For now I've stopped bothering anyone so the phones should be quieter and I'm not clogging up the e-mail inbox either - so go for it.

With reference to the meet up - sorry I won't be there hopefully I will get to one in the future but I hope you all have an excellent night.

Jemima, there is one very important factor you're forgetting here - the fact is that you have paid for this service. It's not like it's free or anything, part of the deal was you have been given loads of contact details etc if you need them - so don't feel awkward about getting in touch with them.

I remember the 2nd time I saw Mr R (this was the first real discussion I had had with him regarding weight loss surgery and he had yet to get a penny out of me), whilst we were having a chat his mobile phone rang. He asked if I minded him answering it and of course I didn't mind, he then spent a number of minutes talking to a patient who I gather had some concerns about her forthcoming surgery to put her mind at ease. I haven't got a clue who this person was but I was struck at the time with what a kind and caring person he seemed to be.

On my way out he checked to see if I had his mobile number and told me to phone him anytime if I had any questions. Earlier on during our chat he had mentioned he was going to be on holiday for the following week - but when he told me to call him if I needed to talk he added - yes, even if I am on holiday.

Mr R and his team really care, I have been in touch with the councillor since surgery just to let her know I had had it and she e-mailed me straight back and seemed genuinely excited for me, and re-emphasised that they were always available if needed.

So please Jemima remember, you, Jozefina, me and many others have paid to be under the care of this excellent team so don't feel awkward about calling. They will probably feel upset if they found out you had concerns and didn't call.

Hope you have a great time tonight.

AE.

I had my sleeve op on June 22nd at Sunderland. The surgeon was lovely. I've been home for over 2 weeks and all is fine. One niggle is that I've hardly lost any weight in the last week and that is rather disheartening as I'm being so strict with myself :cry:
How are other June 2013 people doing?

Hi I had my sleeve done on June 25th at kings collage hospital in London, I have lost over 2 stone so far though I can't see where from! I too am being very strict with my sugar intake, I'm finding it had to have anything that contains milk though as it makes me feel sick.
How are you finding having soup most of the time? Have you found any other liquids that are substantial? I'm so bored with soup!
Wishing you all the best on your journey.

Hi, I wouldn't worry to much about how much you are or aren't losing. Everyones body is different, you just have to look at the facts, you now cannot put as much food into your body as you could before surgery. Providing you are following your providers instructions and are eating healthily the weight will go.

I had my sleeve on 10th June and up to now have lost 23lbs post surgery and that includes nearly 2 weeks of virtually no loss so I'm really happy. Yesterday I hit another milestone when my weight was the lowest it has ever been since I have been with my current GP. A small thing but to me it was a another little target that I hit.

To celebrate I virtually emptied my wardrobe and threw out most of my old clothes as they were looking to big on me now :clap: no more going out and having to buy something like a shirt that resembled a tent, the local charity clothing collection are getting a windfall today and I couldn't be happier, so stick with it and enjoy the ride.

AE.

I was also sleeved on June 25th. Last weigh in was Tuesday and I am just over a stone down since my op. Feeling great, have had no issues or pain and have been completely mobile since about 2 days after the op.

I am living on protein shakes made on lactose free milk and having different soups everyday for variety with some protein powder mixed in.

I'm drinking coffee and tea and haven't had any soup at all. I'm eating pureed food, lots of fish and veg and prunes at breakfast. I've had no problems, well except when I ate some cous cous and boy that was painful!!

hi all ihad my op 5th of une i have lost 64lb+ since mid april, i lost 8.7kg in just over 3 weeks, im on my 2 week of puree and its doing my head in, i cant drink coffee, tea, hot chocolate just water and sugar free juice, i've gone from 27 1/2 stone to 23stone 2lb so all is going well, back to my swimming this week cant wait saw my surgeon on thursday and he's very happy with me even with my blood clot in my stomach he said carry on with my injections and it will go on its own, hope everyone is well and losing lots but mainly feeling better about themselfs
emma xx

Hi all

Well, I'm back at work this week (albeit working from home) and am still absolutely shattered! I went into the office this morning to collect some paperwork and everyone told me I looked "knackered", which was nice, LOL. I bit back "you should have seen me a few weeks ago!". As predicted not a word mentioned as to looking thinner - I just knew they wouldn't say anything!

In weight terms, I am down 27lbs in total, of which 15 are since the op on June 13th, 4 weeks ago today. In some ways it seems like a lifetime ago and in others, the time has dragged!

In food terms, I am managing well - sticking to the programme, drinking lots of water, respecting the boundaries and teaching myself to eat slowly and mindfully. It's tough! But, as we all say ... it's a process.

I went to the meet in Wallington last week and it was great to meet Jemima and a couple of other ladies; last night, I went to the local monthly BOSPA meeting, which was also very helpful. So although my goal of Not Telling Anyone Else remains steady, it's good to know that I have got support from others.

You sound like you're going great guns, AE! How are my 13th June Sleeved Sisters doing at opposite ends of the country?

Jxx

The only downside from my surgery is that I've now gone off tea :cry: I used to drink loads of it but now it just doesn't taste right, so I'm now on coffee which is something pre surgery I didn't drink much of :confused:

The biggest issue for me is knowing my limits when eating because for me they seem to vary day by day and I only tend to know I've gone too far about 5 - 10 minutes after stopping. Thankfully I haven't made myself sick, just ended up with that rather full feeling wishing I hadn't had the last mouthful. I guess with time once I've got to know my new stomach better I will not get like this.

I hope everyone else that had their surgery in June is also doing well, and for Jozefina I hope you get your energy levels back soon, at least working from home for now will give you the chance to get back into things at your own pace. All the best.

AE.

Hey everyone
Sounds like we're all doing well. I've lost about 21lbs since the surgery but I seem to have hit a stall. Looking at other people's posts it seems to be common at about the 3 week mark, so trying to be brave about it.

I've been sick once, think I ate too quickly & too much, that taught me a big lesson instantly. (Promise not to abuse my sleeve again). Still learning my limits though. It's been really hot, so sipping has been easier but I don't like protein shakes. Got some unflavoured protein from myprotein, will try some flavoured ones to see if it makes a difference.

Back at work next week, not sure how it will go. Hope my energy levels can survive a shift.

All things considered, it's been an interesting learning curve, it can only get better.

Take care xx
Kai

Hey everyone
Sounds like we're all doing well. I've lost about 21lbs since the surgery but I seem to have hit a stall. Looking at other people's posts it seems to be common at about the 3 week mark, so trying to be brave about it.

I've been sick once, think I ate too quickly & too much, that taught me a big lesson instantly. (Promise not to abuse my sleeve again). Still learning my limits though. It's been really hot, so sipping has been easier but I don't like protein shakes. Got some unflavoured protein from myprotein, will try some flavoured ones to see if it makes a difference.

Back at work next week, not sure how it will go. Hope my energy levels can survive a shift.

All things considered, it's been an interesting learning curve, it can only get better.

Take care xx
Kai

Hi Kai, I was thinking about you and wondering how you were going, 21lbs in 4 weeks is amazing! Well done :553:

I seem to be losing at a steady 3lbs a week for now, which is OK. The consistency suits my legal mind! Hope you get on OK at work next week - what do you do, is it quite physical? Take care xx

AE: I am the reverse of you re drinks; I've gone right off coffee (other than "coffee" Slimfasts). Even the smell in a coffee shop turns my stomach, it's most odd. I miss the idea of a latte but not the taste!

I must own up to having inadvertently brought food up 4 times :eek:. Always when I've eaten too quickly (rather than too much) and always hot food. I think that, subconsciously, I'm "eating it up" before it gets cold and so I eat too fast. I'm working on that now, but it's hard. Worthwhile but hard.

We're house hunting at the moment and had a pub lunch out last Saturday between viewings; H had a starter AND fish and chips; I had a £4 bowl of soup and managed about half of it whilst he had his two courses, LOL.

Happy weekend, everyone; I'm going to Do an AE and have a wardrobe clear out!

Hi Jozefina

I hope when the weight loss restarts its consistent, I spent a whole week watching myself lose and regain the same 1lb. I've started practicing calming techniques, lol.
I'm a Support Worker, working with people with learning disabilities. It can be physical so I'll be on light duties for the next 4 weeks. Hope I survive, lol.

Good luck with the house hunting.

Take care

Hi Jozefina

I hope when the weight loss restarts its consistent, I spent a whole week watching myself lose and regain the same 1lb. I've started practicing calming techniques, lol.
I'm a Support Worker, working with people with learning disabilities. It can be physical so I'll be on light duties for the next 4 weeks. Hope I survive, lol.

Good luck with the house hunting.

Take care

I do feel for you, K - remember that my initial post surgical weight loss wasn't that great and I then had a bit of a burst and now it's settled down, so the one thing that IS consistent is that it just isn't ... consistent! We're all different. You'll probably lose half a stone next week, or similar - perhaps being back at work will be the magic trick!

I have now managed to wean myself off the daily weigh ins and am confining myself to twice a week, which has helped a lot. And there was a chap at my support group this week who's gone from 101 kgs on the day of his surgery (two weeks before us) down to 85kgs already! I was mulling this over and wondering - How? HOW?! - and then he cheerily confessed that he was previously a very heavy drinker ("a functional alcoholic" was his own description) and that the bypass has stopped him drinking, hence the weight loss. So that's another way to do it ...

Have a lovely weekend and I hope your return to work goes well xx

AE: I am the reverse of you re drinks; I've gone right off coffee (other than "coffee" Slimfasts). Even the smell in a coffee shop turns my stomach, it's most odd. I miss the idea of a latte but not the taste!

I must own up to having inadvertently brought food up 4 times :eek:. Always when I've eaten too quickly (rather than too much) and always hot food. I think that, subconsciously, I'm "eating it up" before it gets cold and so I eat too fast. I'm working on that now, but it's hard. Worthwhile but hard.

We're house hunting at the moment and had a pub lunch out last Saturday between viewings; H had a starter AND fish and chips; I had a £4 bowl of soup and managed about half of it whilst he had his two courses, LOL.

Happy weekend, everyone; I'm going to Do an AE and have a wardrobe clear out!
It's really strange the way things affect us, I used to be a total coffeeholic a few years ago and then had a really bad cold and went right off it, hence going on to tea, and now it's flipped back again! :confused:

I love just how much money I'm currently saving on food, I bought a pack of Tomato, Basil & Cheese Tortelloni the other day, to celebrate the end of the Cat Food diet stage - at the rate I'm currently eating it will last over a week. I've discovered that just 7 of them is my limit, still can't believe how little now satisfies me :) but I still need to slow down more when eating.

All the best with the house hunting, and when you're having that wardrobe clear out, just remember to save a few things to wear and don't go mad buying new clothes yet. Although I did have to get myself a new pair of "interim" jeans just so I had something that didn't look like it was falling off of me.

Have you got your date for your follow-up yet? Next appointment for me will apparently be between October and December according to Mr R's Sec when I spoke to her the other week (I was having a moan about the hospital as they keep sending me bills for pathology charges which I paid by mistake and got re-funded for, was told it was all sorted, 2 days later I got another one for pathology charges again :mad: decided to ignore it and see what happens, don't want to risk being told off by some on here for blocking the phone lines again :) )

Have a great weekend.

AE.

Hi,

Hey everyone

Take care xx
Kai
Thats a great loss you have there, I wouldn't worry about the stalls, I knew they would happen and have decided to just accept it and have total faith in the surgery, eventually your body works it out and it will start coming off again.

Haven't tried protein shakes / supplements yet, just had the occasional half a bottle of Slim Fast if I feel like a quick "snack". Did have a really nice scrambled egg (singular) the other day with 2 small grilled tomatoes (without the skin), the simplest things can be so nice sometimes.

Good luck getting back to work especially if doing shift work. I did shifts for almost 31 years and now 11 months after retirement my sleeping patterns are still all screwy :sigh:

Have a great weekend.

AE.

Back