• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from Welling in Kent

Audrey

Hello everyone, my name is Audrey I have been waiting for 14 months from getting the ok for gastric bypass and I got the call with my date on Monday I'm booked for the 24th Feb and I can not wait.
I hope to meet some people that have had there opp and people the same as me still waiting.
Thanks for reading this
Audrey xx

Hi Audrey, welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find loads of support and advice on here - I know I have!

Good luck with your op and exciting new start xx I look forward to sharing your journey.

Hi Audrey,

I live in Woolwich. I've been waiting 15 months and have been given a very *provisional* date over the phone (not really official yet) of 10 April ..... at the Whittington.

It seems things take a bit longer at the Whittington (sigh) .... which hospital are you with ?

Hi Audrey, I live in Plumstead. You've come to the right place here because everyone is so friendly and helpful. I had my bypass 3rd Nov 11 so if there is anything I can help you with just say.

Hi Audrey,

I live in Woolwich. I've been waiting 15 months and have been given a very *provisional* date over the phone (not really official yet) of 10 April ..... at the Whittington.

It seems things take a bit longer at the Whittington (sigh) .... which hospital are you with ?

Sorry missed your post when I replied. It's princess royal. I was only put on the list in the November 2010 but waited longer than that before I saw him.
I was told it would be a year wait but the. It went to 18 months the. Was told march April was well shocked when i got the call Monday. Hope you get yours soon too xx

Hi Audrey,

Hi Audrey, I live in Plumstead. You've come to the right place here because everyone is so friendly and helpful. I had my bypass 3rd Nov 11 so if there is anything I can help you with just say.

Thanks Julie. How are you doing x

Hi Audrey and welcome any questions you have ask away and you will get the answers.
Good luck with your weightloss journey.

Thanks everyone.
I can not do a profile I'm guessing it's because I've not posted the right amount.
Do any people meet up that live my way. X

Audrey said:
Thanks everyone.
I can not do a profile I'm guessing it's because I've not posted the right amount.
Do any people meet up that live my way. X

Hi Audrey,
There are lost of mr el hassani,s patients on this forum, you in very good hands, i was bypassed in september and have lost nearly 6 stone since then.
I was also on his nhs list but due to a change in circumstances paid to go private, i went on his nhs list 22 nd nov 2010. A few of the friends i made at the same time have now been offered dates as they are trying to reduce his waiting list which used to be 9 months to. 12 months.
You really are in safe hands with mr e, he is an excellent surgeon, i have only heard of one patient having stricture problems and i must have met about 40/50 of his patients over the last year or so.
Good luck, wendy x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I meant o add lookout for kizzy, she also lives in welling, ia m in erith but used to live in welling as well. X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hello everyone, my name is Audrey I have been waiting for 14 months from getting the ok for gastric bypass and I got the call with my date on Monday I'm booked for the 24th Feb and I can not wait.
I hope to meet some people that have had there opp and people the same as me still waiting.
Thanks for reading this
Audrey xx

Hi Audrey

I too am from Welling, and have been waiting since March 2011 for my op with Mr El-Hasani at the PRU.

I bet your so excited, I know I am, although I have some time to wait still. I can't wait to start living again, as I feel in limbo at the moment.

Wishing you the very best of luck with the pre-op.

Keep in touch

Kim xx

hi and welcome

Hi Aud,

Sending a big warm welcome! I had my bypass 5 weeks ago in the princess royal & this site has been great even though I don't always post I read through most of the threads & find what I'm experiencing is normal! Good luck with everything it will be so worth it, as I said I'm 5 weeks out & have lost 4 stone & feel so much better already. Just follow what Mr El hasani & his team say & you'll be fine!! Clo x x

Honey are you doing loads of exercise? I had my op last Nov and I've only lost just over 1 stone. You are doing very well with nearly 6 stone!

fatnomoreclo said:
Hi Aud,

Sending a big warm welcome! I had my bypass 5 weeks ago in the princess royal & this site has been great even though I don't always post I read through most of the threads & find what I'm experiencing is normal! Good luck with everything it will be so worth it, as I said I'm 5 weeks out & have lost 4 stone & feel so much better already. Just follow what Mr El hasani & his team say & you'll be fine!! Clo x x

WOW WEE Clo, you have done great. Can I ask what your weight was please or BMI?
Keep up the hard work xx

Thank you! Not exercising just yet was told not until 6 weeks post op but one & a half stone was my pre op! I know people that have lost more clo xx

Back