• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from Welling in Kent

Hi Kim, the time goes well fast.
It would be great if we could maybe meet up one day as it should be helpful to go though things with other people.
I do not have any friends that are having it or that have had it :(
Aud xx

That would be good
You will find so many supportive people on here. I also went to the support group which meets once a month at the Chelsfield, everyone is so supportive and I found out loads of information this month.

The next one is in 10th Feb if you can make it from 6-8

kim x

Julie2 said:
Honey are you doing loads of exercise? I had my op last Nov and I've only lost just over 1 stone. You are doing very well with nearly 6 stone!

Hi Julie, if you look at my stats i lost 21lbs on the pre op diet, i think my weight loss has been slowish but consistent at a rate of between 1lb -3lb per week.

There have been a few weeks where i have stayed the same. I am not doing loads of exercise but i d walk my dog for about one hour per day, i also started swimming last week but have only been twice so far.

I do have to keep clear of carbs as they seem to slow my weight loss plus i also try to drink as much fluids as i can. My diet consists mainly of lean proteins, occasional breakfast cereals, but i have the odd treat thrown in. I also am trying to avoid slider foods, i eat a lot of dense protein like chicken, low fat cheese, eggs, fish, lentils etc. i am by no means perfect and compared to others i am not losing the golden 1 stone per month but i am losing, this fat took forty years to pile on so i am trying to be patient and hoping i will lose the bulk of it over the next 12 months or so.

Wendy x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Kizzy70 said:
That would be good
You will find so many supportive people on here. I also went to the support group which meets once a month at the Chelsfield, everyone is so supportive and I found out loads of information this month.

The next one is in 10th Feb if you can make it from 6-8

kim x

That's sounds great Kim. Do I have to be under them? Or book? Could you please let me have the address please. I can't wait thank you do much.

honeykiss said:
Hi Julie, if you look at my stats i lost 25lbs on the pre op diet, i think my weight loss has been slowish but consistent at a rate of between 1lb -3lb per week.

There have been a few weeks where i have stayed the same. I am not doing loads of exercise but i d walk my dog for about one hour per day, i also started swimming last week but have only been twice so far.

I do have to keep clear of carbs as they seem to slow my weight loss plus i also try to drink as much fluids as i can. My diet consists mainly of lean proteins, occasional breakfast cereals, but i have the odd treat thrown in. I also am trying to avoid slider foods, i eat a lot of dense protein like chicken, low fat cheese, eggs, fish, lentils etc. i am by no means perfect and compared to others i am not losing the golden 1 stone per month but i am losing, this fat took forty years to pile on so i am trying to be patient and hoping i will lose the bulk of it over the next 12 months or so.

Wendy x

Hello and welcome , I was one of those lucky ones cherry picked off his list to reduce the waiting list and had my op 2nd January , good luck on your journey

Kate x x

hi Audrey good luck with everything xx

fatnomoreclo said:
Aud,

You will do fab Hun! Please message me if you need any help good luck clo xx

Thank you do much. I do not know how to message lol I was going to ask that xxx

kitkatkate said:
Hello and welcome , I was one of those lucky ones cherry picked off his list to reduce the waiting list and had my op 2nd January , good luck on your journey

Kate x x

Wow you lucky thing. How's it going for you? How long was you in hospital for? His sec told me they pick the lower bmi mine is about 51ish.
I'm not looking forward to the pre opp diet as I only go away twice a year and it's over the pre opp time just for a long weekend but will deff be a strange one lol.
All the very best of luck for you xxx

Welcome n good luck on ur journey x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi hun welcome and hope every things goes well for you on the 24th xx

Hi Audrey , I had to do the pre op diet over Xmas ..... Not fun !!
I spent 3 nights in hospital ,, feeling really good lost 33 lbs so far including pre op , time will go quick so hang in there
Kate x x

Back