• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELLO Im new

lisa-jayne

Hello all,

I have plucked up the courage to post.

A big sorry but my spelling is rubish please bare with me.

I had a gastric bypass on the 4th of august this year at the thornbury hospital. I weighed twenty five stone, I was a skinny kid and teenager but had a nasty illness when I was twentyone and had to take lots of steriods and the weight pilled on. I thought I could loose it but after all the diets in the book I kept it on and added some more.

I have been so depressed about it all, I did some modeling in my early years (not milan!) and i have always been proud of my figure and would love to be slim again but i know now that its more important to be healthy.

The weight is coming off but I had a lot of problems with throwing up and had to have another op last month to expand my pouch and I may have to have another shortly. Still it is the best thing I have done.

The people on hear seem so nice and I would love to be able to ask lots of questions, merry christmas all

Lisa-Jayne

Hi LJ, welcome to mini's :) sounds like you've not had an easy ride of it! I had my bypass in July so am just a little bit ahead of you.

Any questions for anyone just shout, there's no such thing as a daft question here!

Hi LJ

Welcome to Minis... this is a great site, I had mine in May so am ahead of you too, but i suffered with alot of sickness and had to have my pouch stretched 3 - 4 times.... feel free to pm me or you can email me on [email protected]

Everyone is a friendly bunch on here, and always happy to help if they can!

welcome to Mini's

Welcome and hello from me...sorry to hear you are having a rough ride but hope all goes well and you get it sorted soon.

:);)

hi and welcome you have definately come to the right place, get asking those questions as there is always someone not to far away with an answer and if they don't know the answer they will probably know someone who will lol. Don't be shy cause we don't bite, well maybe those on their pre op diets might if you get to close lol

hellooo im a bander but i just wanted to say a BIG welcome to minis

liz x

Hi L J

Firstly welcome to mini`s,you will find all the help and support you need on here.

I went to a have a bypass at the Thornbury but Mr Ackroyd didnt complete it due to my liver being to fatty,so i had the balloon fitted a few weeks later at the Hallamshire.

Good Luck on your weight loss journey.

Di

Hi there
welcome!
I'm about to have surgey in 12 days time!!!

Hiya hun:)I'm going for my first consultation on Thurs:eek:

LJ, welcome to minis. Well done for getting the courage to post, i'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

I'm sorry you've had complications. Was it a case of not being able to hold anything down at all, because your pouch was too small?
I hope it gets sorted out very soon.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

hi and welcome to minis. you have found a fantastic site with lots of fab people. i had my bypass in november so may be picking yr brains.
HC

Hi and welcome to minimins. I am just about 7 weeks post-op so I will follow your post with interest. This a great community of people in various stages of the wls journey.

Take care.
;)

Back