• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kat's Bander weigh in and diary thread

Just popping in to see how you are coping with the new fill ??

Congratulations Hun xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Well done TK x

Thanks everyone.

I have had such an up and down weekend. Only back to normal food after my fill last week from thursday, my hunger on friday was just absolutely through the roof - so much so that I literally couldn't stop eating. I did try to make healthy choices in what I did eat, but still, I did tuck in to some chocolate and my weight watchers cookies. But I know that I actually consumed about 2000 cals!

Saturday I was out and about all day, also walked 20,000 steps so about 10 miles, and my son had food delivered for tea and I had a side salad delivered. I couldn't eat it. First mouthful of red cabbage for the first time said "Ooh you have a band here", so even though I was really super hungry, I just couldn't have it.

Sunday was bizarre. Had porridge for breakfast. Made a frittata along with roasted butternut squash. for dinner but munched on some prawns while cooking. Well lets just say its still in the fridge and the rest of it went down the toilet.

It didn't get stuck, it didn't even sit above my band, so all I can think of is that there was something wrong with the prawns because I was violently sick. I could feel my band tighten within minutes and for a good couple of hours after being sick, I couldn't drink water, and I couldn't even swallow my saliva - had to sit there with a bag and keep spitting it out (Sorry, I know TMI)

Anyway, it eased off after a while, I managed to get an ibuprofen down which I think helped with the swelling, but finally managed to get a fruit tea with some honey down about midnight.

My hunger, is just the same pre fill which I was really hoping would change, but I do feel better today as I think the swelling around my band has gone down.

I have hurt my back tho and am in absolute agony, so think the tablets I am taking to help that has probably helped with the muscle swelling around my band.

But blimey, all I can think of was that the prawns were off and it was food poisoning type reaction, because food didn't stick in my band. But bloody hell, it wasn't nice. Neither was sitting for hours with my "saliva" bag lol

Ugh! All I want for Christmas is some restriction to take away some of the hunger LOL

Oh, and someone to come to the office and take away the boxes of chocolates that are sat here . . .

Oh Hun you poor thing I'm so sorry you've been poorly :( I hope things improve soon x

Sorry I haven't been around much I've just been keeping myself to myself , weights not moving , haven't been Zumba in ages and my arms still in plaster till 9th jan so bit fed up and feeling unmotivated x

Sent from my iPhone

Oh hun, I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling and goodness for the arm too :(

I'm not surprised that you feel unmotivated, but hopefully when you get the plaster off, you will be able to get back on track too? :(

Hopefully I defiantly need to do something in jan :D

Sent from my iPhone

I'm not too bad, I've done my back in so in agony and still unable to get back to the gym, it's been manic with my son being ill and my aunt collapsing so been so stressed.

Yesterday was a nightmare, but the hungers raging today so things are obviously back to normal for me :-S

This week has been strange. It is the 3rd week where I've not been able to get to the gym and although I'm still walking between 5-7miles a day I do miss the workout!

But, I've lost another 2 1/2lb this week (logging a 2lb loss tho as I still only log full lbs gone) but I am NO longer OBESE!

Today, my BMI dropped into the 29's. I was 54.2 when I started, but now classed as being "overweight" only and not obese, morbidly obese or where I was at "super morbidly obese".

My fill of a couple of weeks ago, still hasn't done a great deal, I can or rather COULD eat whatever I wanted, if I chose to. There is a very very slight difference in that I eat a meal and it is starting to take away the hunger feelings so I'm not left feeling really hungry straight after eating, which is a start, but it does continue to worry me as I approach 12mls in the band, that there's less room to maneuver.

But, I'm really pleased with how things are going, I'm enjoying the varied diet that I'm having rather than it being so focussed on protein.

The weeks have been stressful, worried over my Aunt, my son and throwing in work and everything into the mix. I am quite simply worn out and exhausted. I still have to do the Christmas shopping and some of the family who were coming to ours on Xmas day are no longer coming.

The more my son and I think about it, the more likely it is that we may go away next year, forego the summer holiday to the sun and head to somewhere different.

It isn't the same since we lost my Mum, and we no longer feel welcomed to the house where she lived with my stepdad. As such, we decided to have Xmas at home and invite all of the others . . .they all said yes, then found out a couple of weeks ago, that my stepdad/brother weren't coming. Now they aren't going away etc as they said they were, but still aren't. Stuff em, I'm fed up of worrying about everyone else. It's time to focus on my son, on me, on "us" and that is what I shall be doing.

Family eh!

Still, I shall celebrate how different this year is, how different life is and I am looking forward to my Christmas day treat of peanuts and satsumas LOL

Thanks hun, that's much appreciated :) will be glad to get it over and done with and to enjoy the time with my son.

Taking Xmas day off my tracking but going for damage limitation which I was hoping restriction would be there . . .as it's not, its down to me . . .

ugh lol

I went away for Christmas and new year for nine or ten years, I loved it. Sadly doing that now would leave my mum on her own, so instead the two of us go to a nice pub for our Christmas dinner. This year I may have to call into my dad's, but I'm determined that will be it - the rest of the family I'll see on Christmas eve and boxing day.
It's sad that such a lovely holiday becomes so stressful, but with a family like mine it's unavoidable.

I hope you and your son have a lovely day x

Depressing Entry ahead . . .

I don't think, in all of the 17 months almost that I've had my band, do I feel as down, deflated and ugh! as I do at this moment.

The restriction is almost non existent, the hunger is immense and continuous and made even more so by the fact that I'm doing some pretty big gym sessions and started back to running this week.

I put on over Xmas and New year in a way I can't actually ever remember putting on from having a couple of days of "treats", and even then, nowhere near where I would have been. Even my Xmas dinner was a very small portion so I could have a bit of each course.

And yet, despite being back to everything I lost 3lbs of the amount I'd put on in a couple of days, but since I've lost nothing.

I have to admit to feeling frustrated with the band and the lack of restriction. Its hard when inspiration is flagging. I've changed eating, I've changed plans, I've started eating breakfast and yet, its just gone awry.

I am going to phone my provider in a while to book in for my 13th fill. But then I'm approaching the point where I was over restricted. However I actually believe that that perhaps wasn't down to the band itself being over restricted but that the swelling etc which then led to the band tightening was as a result of a sickness bug I had when on the liquids and I think that being sick just tightened it and it just got worse.

However, I'm still very concerned about where things are. And I know that my own head, is not in the best of places.

I'm now fed up of the ongoing and constant hunger.

I wanted to be positive heading into the new year. And yet I can't even get into a thought that I've lost almost 11 stone and should be pleased.

Right now, along with the never ending itchy horrible skin that just hangs, I feel horrible, disgusting and just downright vile.

And yet, no-one knows about my band here apart from my Aunt and she doesn't get it. So, I'm kinda feeling like I'm struggling along and had to cancel a fill that was booked last week as I just couldn't get away, but also, was dreading the fact it had been changed to be with someone who is just not the most easy person to talk to when you're struggling.

UGH! That sums it up.

And to top it all off, someone hit my car this morning parked outside the house, hit it so hard its shunted it into the path and has damaged the whole of the offside. I have one payment left to make on that car . . .ugh!

I've also just come off the phone from HW. The earliest time for a fill was the 30th.

When I said it was a long way off, she said I can put you on standby for the 16th. Then went off and called me back to say they are going to do a clinic on the 23rd due to demand so I'm booked in officially for then, fingers crossed for next week on standby.

But, fill number 13 here I come.

PLEASE let it be lucky!

Oh Kat you have had such a tough journey... You have every right to feel ugh to have lost as much as you have without any restriction takes sheer guts and determination. Dont feel disgusting and vile look and your picture your bloody gorgeous and your so lovely. 11 stone in 17 months is amazing really amazing just look at you. Look how far you have come.
Every day you take the time to help us newbies on here. When I felt I had lost my way your reply made me pick the pieces up and re evaluate everything. The following day I was back on it and stronger than before. Your an inspiration to me and I know others feel the same.

I hope and pray that you find the restriction you need. You have worked so hard and you really deserve it. No wonder you feel as you do hungry and killing yourself in the gym.

Big hugs and thank you to a gorgeous and fabulous lady who guides us all... your an inspiration and Ill do another line on the lottery this week then I can have a boob job (they are shrinking faster than my gut thats for sure) and you can have a tummy tuck
xxxxxxx

Back