• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kat's Bander weigh in and diary thread

Can I have the recipe too!?! I struggle with breakfast and would love something I can nibble on at my desk!

Sounds like you are making positive progress and I am glad you have booked another fill, fingers crossed this one will help you feel the restriction at a good level

Congrats on the loss Kat, that's brilliant!
I know what you mean about food getting same-y. I love my veg, but going for protein first means I rarely have time to eat much veg, so I'm reluctant to cook it if it'll be wasted. There's only so much chicken and tuna I can eat though!

You're doing so well, I hope your fill makes a difference for you x

Congrats on your loss this week Hun x

Sent from my iPhone

I5-10 Miles is truly amazing, well done!

Have you guys tried using herbs and spices in your food yet, and garlic? Fennel seeds on roasted med veg is amazing as are cumin seeds on roasted squash. It all mashes beautifully. Roasted peppers and tomatoes roasted with garlic can blitz into a fab soup. I make it a lot. X

Whoop whoop tk :D

well done!! <3 clearly all that red cabbage is working for ya :D xx

Here we go ladies, here is the recipe for the energy bars.

Ive made them again since, using different dried fruit and they are just lovely!

This makes 24 but I've been working with half the recipe so there's not so many hanging around LOL

Serves: 24

Ingredients

150 g Butter
150 g Honey 150 g Porridge Oats
100 g Light Brown Sugar
1 pinch Salt
50 g Dried Apricots, chopped
50 g Date, fresh, chopped
50 g Raisins
50 g Dried Berries & Cherries, Dried cherries and cranberries
25 g Almonds, (or hazelnuts), chopped
25 g Sunflower Seeds
25 g Pumpkin Seeds
50 g Dessicated Coconut Instructions

• Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C. Grease and line a 23cm square baking tin with baking parchment, leaving an overhang to make it easier to remove the bars.

• Melt the butter with the honey in a large saucepan over a gentle heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Mix together the porridge oats, sugar, salt, dried fruit, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and coconut. Add to the saucepan and stir together until thoroughly mixed. Tip into the prepared tin and level the surface with the back of a spoon.

• Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes, then remove from the tin and cut into 24 bars. Cool completely on a wire rack. Keep in an airtight container, or wrap in greaseproof paper.

With regards to where I am, I'm still enjoying the change of eating and the change of where that focus is. But I'm also trying to weigh myself less which is a big battle for me, so no weigh in officially for last thursday although I think I've lost a couple of pound.

I still have no restriction, my hunger is still there and I'm booked in for what will be my 12th fill I think on Saturday. I'm only going to be having a small amount, maybe a 1/4ml or 1/3 ml and its a long way to go for such a small adjustment, but I'm going up steadily from this point due to being over restricted at 12mls (I'm back at 11 after my defill and slight fill)

I'm still on target tho, I wanted to have lost 19lbs in a "lose a stone for Xmas challenge" a stone wasn't enough for me as I wanted to be in the 12 stone mark. I've got about 5 or 6 to go, so its going to be pushing it, but I'm hoping :)

Walked over 360,000 steps in November, my target was 10,000 steps per day (which is about 5 miles) but in the end I was 66,000 steps over for the month so that was great hitting that target.

Going for the same 300,000k target this month, but also taking part in a monthly challenge to include other activities etc if I can too.

Considering doing a charity 5 or maybe 10k run next weekend, but my Aunt was taken ill into hospital yesterday with a suspected bleed on the brain so I've got to put that on hold :(

Be interesting to weigh in on thursday and ahead of my fill on saturday . . .hoping (I say that EVERY time lol) that I may actually find a level of restriction . . .Im not bothered if it stops me eating any types of food, I just want it to take away the hunger feelings, even if just a little . . .15 months of that isn't fun.

Are they like granola ????

Sent from my iPhone

Www I'll have to give those a go definate, congrTs on everything. Hope your aunty gets better soon x x

Are they like granola ????

Sent from my iPhone

No, they are more like a flapjack type thing, but filled with slow energy releasing nuts and oats so help keep hunger at bay, but not heavy like some flap jacks :)

Very moreish lol

Mmmm they sound fab gonna try them :)

Sent from my iPhone

They are lovely lol but I make half recipe as I don't want them lurking in the kitchen LOL

I need to make some more actually - and bought a nice Xmas dried fruit mix with cranberries etc. I life changing the fruit around in it as I love apricots and things. I also use a bit less honey and put a bit of golden syrup in instead as I like the taste it gives :)

So, I had another fill on saturday.

I was back at 11mls which is where my last fill of 1ml took me to after I'd been defilled. So I wasn't expecting much on this fill to be honest because it was at the 12mls that I had the over restriction.

However she actually placed 0.6mls into the band, so I'm now at 11.6mls. And back on liquids at the moment so not expecting much weight loss wise when I weigh in this week. However I am hoping REALLY hoping, that when it comes to be back on food that this fill will help with those hunger feelings.

I have to confess of feeling a bit tired of trundling up and down the motorway for these fills and for them not to be helping. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret my band and having it placed has enabled me to lose, it has enabled me to lost almost 11 stone, BUT it hasn't done it through the means of restriction.

As I approach the last 2 stone to go (knowing that I wont probably lose all of that due to the hanging skin :() I really would like now, for the band to be doing what it should be.

When I had my fill she was asking me what foods I cannot eat. The answer is nothing. I can eat anything. She was surprised that with so much in my band that I don't have issues with certain foods. But I can eat whatever food I like and I find that, along with the continuous hunger that is never easy on the portion sizes I eat with the band, that makes it doubly hard.

So, weight loss has slowed as it is likely to, and I'm possibly going to miss my Xmas target by a couple of lbs short. And even though I will have lost so much, I know my head won't see it as anything other than "failing".

The month of over restriction wiped out that chance and set me back a long way. But, Im enjoying eating a much more balanced diet, and having less of a focus on protein, but I'm thinking of completely mixing it up and doing balanced one week, protein rich another and see how that goes.

Last edited:
Blimey bird, go easy on yourself. You've achieved a staggering weight loss. I know it's frustrating losing those last pounds as you can see the finish line but you'll get there. You're amazing. X

your doing so well dont ever say your failing! I'm loving having a more balanced diet too i think it works better for me x

There is one consistency that I've just noticed updating my stats and that is I've lost 6lb each month for the past 3 months LOL that is having put on a few lb each month then losing it, but having an overall monthly loss of 6lb.

I'd take that before Xmas as it means I'll have met my target, but its unlikely . . .but, never say never eh! lol

Blimey bird, go easy on yourself. You've achieved a staggering weight loss.

I know and my head knows its done well, but there's still that feeling of not doing quite well enough. It's the one thing that the wls won't help with and I know its in my head and I always offset those feelings by looking at the positives. :)

your doing so well dont ever say your failing! I'm loving having a more balanced diet too i think it works better for me x

I've really enjoyed having a more balanced diet the past couple of weeks too - I find that I feel much more at ease, healthier even than it being so protein based and I've loved tucking into a good portion of veggies :)

Well that has to be the way forward, surely. Still losing and eating normally. Seems to me you've cracked it pet. X

Back