• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

fuze

Hello there. I just thought id introduce myself. Im new to the site. I have looked at it one or two times and thought now was the time to join. A bit about me...... I am a 26 year old living with my partner in the North West of England. I am a mature student at university and I have a date thorough for gastric bypass surgery on the 3rd of August, and I am PETREFIED!!!!!! I am so scared of not only the operation but the recovery and then living with it for the rest of my life. As you can probably see from my details I have a long long way to go in terms of the amount of weight I have to loose. I have just started on the liver reducing diet ready for the surgery and if anyone has any hints then please, they will be much appreciated!
Anyway I look forward to spending time on here and chatting to people!!

Hi Fuze and :welcome2:to mini's. There are alot of bypassers here so you get all the help you need. I'm a bander so not right good with bypass questions but I'm always loitering so will chat if you need to. Good luck with your pre op diet and good luck with your op.

Welcome to the forum! I have only been a member for a couple of weeks and everybody has been absolutely lovely in that time!! This is definitely the place to come if you have any questions, and there is always someone online to help!!!

Are you going private? Where are you having your op?? Good luck!!!

hey fuze welcome to minis, im a bander but theres lottsa peeps here than can offer alot of good advice 2 u xxx

Hey!! Wow thanks for the welcome! I had a gastric band done in 2006 which has failed spectacularly! (as can be seen by my vital stats). So anyway I have now got to the point where I weigh far far much more than when I had my band. I have tried and tried everything. Anyway I got my final letter this morning saying that my surgery should be going ahead at the beginning of August in the North west of England (this is hoping that there is not a bed crisis or something else goes wrong with the admission)

Its strange on the one had im praying it goes ahead and on the other I am totally petrified of the surgery itself! I so frigtened something is going to go wrong. I think I know too much about medicine which makes matters worse- as i can see all the bad things that can go wrong
Anyway im rambling along I think its nerves! I cant believe it is in only 3 weeks!!!!

Thanks again guys for being so welcoming!!

Last edited:
You're going to be running to the hospital for your op when the time comes. You will have had so much advice and help and support from the bypassers here you will have no fear lol. Seriously though we're a great bunch and all very helpful so any fears you may have just ask the questions and I'm sure your mind will be put at ease.

How exciting!! Sorry to hear the band didn't work out but glad you've managed to sort out funding etc for the bypass!! It'll be here before you know it!!!

Can I ask Fuze if there was anything specific that failed you with the band? I'm only 8 weeks post op with band and I'm doing fine. Everyone is different and I understand that, but its good to know how the band does'nt work for everyone. Good luck with the bypass though and I really hope its successful for you.

i know a few ppl,thats gone band to bypass what is your reason for this ? if thats ok to as u ?

liz xx

Thanks! Yeah its been a struggle to get funding, its been about a year since I first applied for it, but I think they have finally realised that this is the only way forward. I should never have had the band in the first place, my current surgeon has said that there is no way he would have done it as my BMI even then was very high, he said basically I got some very bad advice from my last surgeon. Basically I dont get any restriction with the band at all, I can eat normal amounts of food and it takes for ever for me to feel full. My band has not slipped and I have had about 15 fills at various points to restrict and open and restrict more etc etc but nothing has worked! I so wish the band had worked for me, I have a friend who was just a bit lighter than me and she had the band done just after me and see looks fabulous now. It just goes to show what is right for one person is not right for the other.

I am so excited to be having it done but like I said I am so so scared. I think my partner is really scared to as I have been talking a lot about all the things that could go wrong and the worst case senario. Anyway enough doom and gloom. Like I say I'm so excited, I have got so miserable with myself over the last few years I'm just hoping it is the kick start to a new body and healthy life!

Last edited:
ooooops posted my last one twice sorry about that

Last edited:
hi and welcome, you couldnt have joined a nicer bunch of ppl. Theres plenty of info on here to get you started with so enjoy :D

Hiya Fuze from another newbie - like you I am having my bypass soon - in 10 days! I don't think there is anything anyone can say to ease your anxiety, but as an ex-nurse I would like to point out that millions of people every year go under a general and have surgery and occasionally, very rarely there may be complications and they might not make it - unfortunately these are the ones that make the press and not all the millions of happy healthy campers who had no problems at all......imagine how thick our newspapers would be daily if they had to report on all the successfull ops?

Bypass surgery is historically and statistcially a vey safe op..and all of that data is from operating on people who are overweight so susceptible to complications, not from operating on super thin super fit people, so if the results are that positive based on the client group from which we belong, you should gain some confidence??

I am off to Manchester today for my pre-op appt (I live in East Yorskhire)..where are you having yours done?

Hi Fuze, welcome to mini's :) Which hospital are you under for your surgery? I'm in Wirral and had my surgery at Spire Macclesfield :)

Welcome! This is one of the nicest forums I have ever found and the support is simply amazing.

Hi Fuze Welcome to minis.
And wishing you the best of luck on your weightloss journey,
You have come to the right place for help and advice, everyone here is so friendly and helpfull. If you need any thing then just ask away!

Hi Fuze
Welcome as everyone has said you have come to the right place i would be so lost without this site. I'm having a bypass 4 days after you so we can compare notes ha ha.Like you i'm very worried too but so much support on here we will both be fine. Welcome to the gang xx

hi fuze an welcome i had my bypass on july 1st an am doing very well an i cant believe i dont feel hungry it all seems to be going well so good luck will be here before you know it xxxxxx

Back