• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Great News Maria, another milestone passed.

So here goes everyone. Had MDT at Luton today. They did it as a group session with about 10 of us and partners. But after all my milk diet efforts they did not weigh me which was disappointing but at least it has got me back in the zone. Anyway I saw bariatric nurse who went through the procedure for each type of surgery, then the dietician who explained about milk diet again for 2 weeks before surgery and then liquids for 3 to 4 weeks after that before you go on to pureeed food before finally getting back on solid food. Finally saw the psychologist and discussed the pros and cons of surgery and the emotions involved with hunger and head hunger etc. The 3 hours went quickly and one person asked what happens next. She said we could expect to see the surgeon in 8 weeks and that the wait for surgery then is 8 to 10 weeks after that. I am not expecting surgery that quickly after the ups and downs that have been happening but it was a good day today and good to speak to people who are going through the same stage of this adventure as me xxx
That really is great news Maria :woohoo:a positive day by all accounts, so they are saying about 18 weeks from today, 4.5 months although I understand your way of thinking in expecting it to be a bit longer, I didn't realise they were group sessions but I think I'd rather that anyway, I'm really pleased for you, it is indeed a huge step forward, so does that mean you've been accepted for surgery and are you now on tier 4 ?. Just doing some quick maths and figure if I'm 6 months behind you my surgery could be early 2018 if I'm lucky, such a long way off ! :hugs:XxX

That really is great news Maria :woohoo:a positive day by all accounts, so they are saying about 18 weeks from today, 4.5 months although I understand your way of thinking in expecting it to be a bit longer, I didn't realise they were group sessions but I think I'd rather that anyway, I'm really pleased for you, it is indeed a huge step forward, so does that mean you've been accepted for surgery and are you now on tier 4 ?. Just doing some quick maths and figure if I'm 6 months behind you my surgery could be early 2018 if I'm lucky, such a long way off ! :hugs:XxX
Hi Bling they did not say we have been accepted for surgery but one lady asked about funding and I assumed the answer was yes, like I say it is still a waiting game and I will still have to be patient xx

Update got appointment on 15 June to see surgeon and anaesthetist, getting nearer xx
That's brilliant news Maria.......what a great boost....another step closer XxXx

That's what I meant lol didn't make myself clear you've done really well getting through the process and the milk diet etc x

It was so lovely to meet you and hubby today and I'm truly fantastically super excited and pleased for you to have a date, good news all round, let's hope our other wls forum friend got on well too. Big hugs Hun :hugs:XxX

It was so lovely to meet you and hubby today and I'm truly fantastically super excited and pleased for you to have a date, good news all round, let's hope our other wls forum friend got on well too. Big hugs Hun :hugs:XxX
So lovely to meet you and your husband too. It is awesome that it is really going to happen. I hope you will not be too far behind me. Thanks so very much from the bottom of my heart for all your support with my struggle xxxxx

Back